The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary's dress does look better without the wrap, but I think it ALL was way too dark!

Old 12-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Courtier

I love dark. I guess it is where personal taste comes in. I would hate to wear bright colors even part of the time. I have very few, my own personal wardrobe is Grey, Black, Brown, Dark Green, Navy with a few bright blues, and a bright green. I guess that is why I like Mary's clothes so much. It is something I would wear.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK - DECEMBER 09: Crown Princess Mary Of Denmark attends the sustainable runway show organized by the Danish fashion Institute promoting responsible and ethical produced fashion
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/17209005.jpg

Very elegant evening outfit, I like the skirt & wrap, nice hair.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

It's hard to tell what the dress looks like, but I do like her hair and wrap. I'm curious about the top part.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
COPENHAGEN, DENMARK - DECEMBER 09: Crown Princess Mary Of Denmark attends the sustainable runway show organized by the Danish fashion Institute promoting responsible and ethical produced fashion

I like it but I don't like the way mary is squinting.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mmm..I don´t like the skirt at all, I think that it´s because of the lenght: it should be a bit longer or a bit shorter, IMO. I would like to see a better pic of the white top, it seems to be nice. Overall, the top part is pretty, I love the hairdo.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I like it but I don't like the way mary is squinting.
Is the second image i see of her today with that expression Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 12-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:

Not a bad look at all, its pretty different from her past evening looks.
The skirt reminds me abit of QM's skirt lengths but I thought the overall was nice.
Liked the hair and make up, much better from earlier in the day look.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:27 AM
Royal Highness

I love the skirt! It's the right elegant length and I really like the way it flows around her legs in one of the pics.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Me too UserDane. It's light, has a nice summery length and looks to me as if it would flow like a dream around those lovely 'pegs' of hers.

I love that Mary is fond of black because she looks nothing short of beautiful in it. And her hair, as is often the case, was perfect.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-10-2009, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Copenhagen

The top of the dress.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice outfit. Love her hair like this.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Copenhagen

The top of the dress.
I like the top part and the wrap of that dress, but I don't like the skirt. anyway, I absolutely love CP's hairstyle
Old 12-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really like this black evening dress on Crown Princess Mary, it has a very retro, audrey hepburn appeal to it. The beaded bodice is really nice too. Her hair is especially elegant, IMO
Old 12-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Classy outfit IMO, I like the wrap, skirt and shoes. Not sure about the top, but overall very nice. Her hair has a great colour at the moment.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I ADORE the outfit! Especially the skirt is fabulous!!

This is the only picture I could find where we see her blouse a little bit:
13_Mary_Fashion_Summit.jpg (image)
Old 12-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

Very pretty, she looks lovely here. Makes up for the outfit from earlier in the day. Kind of:)
Old 12-11-2009, 09:08 PM

Beautiful skirt and wrap, but not too fond of the top (although I agree with those who said that the skirt could be longer). I don't know what exactly bothers me with the top, maybe it's the fabric... But off course we haven't seen the whole top part properly yet so I might still change my mind.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Dec 13th Reception for mayors and business leaders at Christian VIII's palace, in connection with COP15 Climate Summit, Kopenhagen

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1...11828356ea.jpg

I like the suit, very classy but all in all too dark. Because of Mary's dark hair, pulling a Mette-Marit doesn't work. A colourful accessory or piece of jewellery is missing.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Dec 13th Reception for mayors and business leaders at Christian VIII's palace, in connection with COP15 Climate Summit, Kopenhagen

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1...11828356ea.jpg
I like this "Chanel" inspired suit (Is it Chanel?) quite a lot. Even though, she's pulled a 'MM' with the all black look, I still like it. Maybe, because there is a pattern to relieve the black and the fact that she's not wearing dark black stockings. Btw, I remember MM having a similar suit. I'll have to dig it up.

Also, I think an updo would have been a better choice to finish the look.