Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 5: September 2009 - January 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary is wearing a lot of dark colours lately, together with the dark hair I feel it is a bit depressing, what about some nice winter colours?

The coat is lovely and with the snow, it is just perfect.

Mary does look regal in the coat, she has such great posture.

It's a shame that we don't have more pics from that night! Mary wore pants! I would have loved to see the top!

A little disappointing, but evening pants were perhaps the right decision given the weather. I agree that it's a shame we could not have seen entire ensemble, minus the fur coat. Perhaps we will get a better view of her outfit for the gala tonight.

I think that the pants look great with the fur coat. Her hairdo is also beautiful.

I would love to have seen this whole outfit. Mary has on her ruby earrings (tops only) I think.

From what I can see she looked beautiful. Love her hair!

Mary is very elegant and pretty. The hairdo also is very pretty.

Mary looks stunning from head to toe! Love the look of the gauzy Evening pants.

Ah, you are correct in that the pants appear to be velvet, pdas! I assume that the "gauzy" piece hanging is probably chiffon that is on the top she is wearing. Now I am Really curious to see the outfit in it's entirety! :)

I like the wrap dress but not the coat I think the sleeves make it look quite casual the gauze pants whatever they are look too wide or something all just a bit odd.IMHO

Not very "gala" looking, too casual, imo.

I agree, the dress looks too casual, nothing really special. But the coat is lovely, though. :flowers:

The green dress is pretty but not for an event like this nor do I think its for an evening event. Its nice as a daytime dress. The color is pretty. Without the belt I think it would be a big bore dress. The coat is nice but something is off about it, maybe the loose fit, not sure.
Hair is pretty, like the soft waves in it.

Once again we had a lovely princess Mary last night!

Her hair was perfect, the dress is lovely and this white coat just perfect! well done princess! It was a gala dinner but not overdressed because this summit is so much more important than a glamourous event! ladies were perfectly dressed for this event!

I was waiting for gala dresses and tiaras...and I have got lovely white coat and dress in nice color. I like CP hairstyle and black accessories.

The green dress is pretty but not for an event like this nor do I think its for an evening event. Its nice as a daytime dress. The color is pretty.

Yes, the choice of dress is quite disappointing. Style and colour are nice but it's not good enough for the occasion, a bit too casual and the fabric seems to lack the quality for an evening dress.

I agree with the above posts, that the dress was not suitable for this event. I realize that this was not a tiara and gown event but something a tad more formal was required. I liked the color a lot but the style as well as the material make it a little too casual for this event. Also, the belt made the look more suitable for a private party or evening out with friends etc. The hair was nice and I really liked the white coat, but the coat should always be longer than the skirt or dress below.

This dress almost seems to be a summer fabric. I Like the color but thats about it. Lovely coat though.:cool:

I agree somewhat with the comments. The white coat and short sleeve dress are not appropriate for a winter event. Especially with the black tights. Unless the coat was winter white and wool or heavy cotton.

This was a banquet, so a nice dress would have been to par maybe a cocktail dress but definitely not a long dress or tiara. Yes, this is a banquet, but the subject of the conference is climate control....it would look rather ostentatious to show up in a long dress and tiara. By the looks of Fred just wearing a nice clean smart suit it would have been overkill.

So a bit of miss for Mary IMO but you know...she is usually well put together for every occassion...she is allowed to have an off day.

Last edited:
Yes, the coat is more suitable as day wear. The green dress is beautiful. Maybe she could have 'dressed' it up a bit more with jewels for a more dramatic look. But she still looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom