Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 4: May - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit I don't like the embroidery at all. The dress is quite nice, although I don't like the "shoulder area". The hair is nice too. But I have seen better outfits on her...

I just noticed Mary is wearing very dark nail polish. I have never seen her wear this. I think it looks good with the black outfit.

Mary looks absolutely beautiful in the black dress.
The overall looks is simply stunning.

That is what I would call "Rock chic" & sexy!I like it on CP Mary,it's something different for her.

The black peep-toes are stunning!

I love this look and as I am a huge fan of dark nail varish I am in love before I even get to the dress which is sensational, she is wearing my favourite earring, and I am in love with that brooch. Thanks so much for posting.

I love this look and as I am a huge fan of dark nail varish I am in love before I even get to the dress which is sensational, she is wearing my favourite earring, and I am in love with that brooch. Thanks so much for posting.
I agree--she looked wonderful. Plus, with that slim tight shape {no matter how hard she has to work to get it} a gunny sack would look nice on her. Great that her husband is so proud of her accomplishments also. They are a nice looking fortunate couple that seem extremely thankful for their favorable lives. Their happiness makes me smile with them.:flowers:

I like this dress very much but whole look is not one of the best of CP.
and here are 2 close-ups
1 - back view of hair
2 - top part close-up

I do not like the dress and hair - massy and not great at all.
I do not like the print on the dress - adds nothing to a LBD :cool:

I agree,Ashelen!The light pink gown & the green(?) coat looked absolutely gorgeous!!Just like in a fairytale!I also like the light pink shoes,so elegant.

August 28, 2009 - A black cocktail dress with embroidery

Picture ** Picture 2
I like this dress, it´s very "Mary" :flowers::flowers::flowers:
I do like the pattern, it makes the dress more interesting, IMO. Lovely brooch and the peep-toes are wonderful. The only thing I don´t like is her hair, I don´t like her with that kind of hairdo, but somehow it looks ok with the dress, so I think the whole look is really beautiful.

Ashelen, that has to be one of my all-time favorites that Mary has worn. She indeed, does look like something out of a fairy tale. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that she will find another occasion to wear it again! (This time , Without the lovely green coat!) lol

Danish Royal Watchers: Frederik's surprise party on the <i>Dannebrog</i>
I like this dress too but I think we never had a better photo of the dress alone without the coat, what a pity but looks like taking from a disney movie a real fairy tale!

Yes! This was one of my very favorite dresses that she wore but that we never got a good enough look at. The color was beautiful. Wish she would wear it again! But it being such a light color I bet we won't see it this fall or winter.

I like this dress very much but whole look is not one of the best of CP.
and here are 2 close-ups
1 - back view of hair
2 - top part close-up
The dress would've looked more elegant without the print on it, but it looks ok with it too. I love her earrings! And I think her hair is nice this way.

I am another not fond of that sort of hair style for Mary.

The dress: I love the neckline. The embroidery, I can take or leave, but it does add an interest factor.

do these shoes go with this outfit? they look taupe to me and the dress looks black. Love her hair, really pretty. dress looks nice.

Like that dress a lot on Mary -- you MUST be nice and slim to pull it off like she does. I believe the shoes are one of the colors picked out in the floral design. Probably looks quite different in person. Photos sometimes place a false tint on things. Anyway, she looks great.

She looks absolutely fantastic! What a beautiful dress, and the fit is perfect. Love the colors on her. Her hair looks good here too.

I like this dress, suits CP very well. And I like matching earrings, but I'm not sure about the shoes.

Mary was beautiful last night!
this dress is lovely!! who is the designer??

That is a Hugo Boss dress (Autumn 2006 collection) CP Mary wore some times.
I do not like it - the dress is bad looking and the choice of the shoes is not right :ermm:

I don't like the shoes either, but the dress is really beautiful. I've never seen her wearing it before.

gorgeous!!! so beautiful and i love the new layers and foils in her hair. really feminine and pretty.

I do like the whole look - the large print is something of a fashion risk, but Mary pulls it off beautifully. She has also indeed found a very good style to wear her hair open without appearing too casual.
The shoes actually do match perfectly in color. The basic color of the dress is not solid black, but reflects the light in a shade of aubergine, just like the shoes:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=36193&zoektype=2&search=13-09-2009 Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom