Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 4: May - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I find quite strange to see Frederick wearing a traditional costume when Mary is wearing gala clothes.

Most (if not all) other women in attendance, including HM the Queen wore normal evening attire. Not so strange...:)

It is nice that Mary is wearing the wrap she was given on her first trip to Greenland. I can't wait to see a better look at the outfit and all of her accessories.

I do agree it's odd to see Fred in National Costume, and Mary in an evening gown. I th ink that it is because the national costume resembles ,on a few levels, very dressed down attire in normal life. But the national costume is not dressing down, it's considered formal so he can wear it. many other men have done the same.

she looks very nice, i wish for a phot o wher we can see better her hair band! and why Fred is a kind of informal with that jacket in white?

Is it really a belt? To me it looks like it's part of the dress.
I quite like the dress. I think brown suits Mary alot.
Not sure about the headpiece... I don't especially like it.

and why Fred is a kind of informal with that jacket in white?
It has been mentioned before: he was wearing the male national costume of Greenland.

The brown outfit is stunning on mary, the detail on the waste adds an extra wonderful addition. The headband is nice, but I wish Mary had put her hair up. :flowers:

She looks gorgeous in that dress!
Is it a new one??

Last edited:
Great find, jinigirl! I always wondered what she wore under that coat(?). I must say that the dress Is lovely and I prefer it without the coat!

I really like this chocolate color on Mary. It looks so beautiful with her hair and skin-tone. The dress is very pretty, but the wrap is a bit too casual to wear with a gala dress (IMO). I know that the wrap was a gift from Greenland, but it looks out of place with the dress.

I like the detail at the waist of the dress. It is really flattering.

I think that it is lovely the way CP Mary chose to honor the people from Greenland and wear the shawl which was a gift from them. Very diplomatic and sensitive to the occasion.:flowers:

I too just love the dress and the bag all of it really

Brown dress is very pretty. There is nothing special or different of this dress cut but it is a classic dress and timeless. The color is very rich. I like the belt, adds alot to the look and not making it just a boring dress. The belt looks like part of the dress. Hair looked nice and simple so did her make up. The hairband was cute.

I agree that the dress has a nice appealing color and it stresses Mary's perfect figure. Apart from this the headband and the shining belt is what I like most.:)

The headband complimented the beading on the dress nicely. Headbands like the one Mary wore are a nice way to incorporate a little "bling" at non-tiara gala events imo.

I love the headband with that dress. It´s very lovely.:flowers:

I dislike brown colour and I dislike this dress too:nonono:

What a great woman!!!! I love her chocolate brown dress. She looks simply adorable!!!

I'm glad she went back to her natural hair color of dark brown. She doesn't need to color it. Her natural color looks good on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom