Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 4: May - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tailoring of the dress is quite a miss - shabby gathering and pleating of the fabric, resulting in weird shapes, most unflattering. It's rare to see bad craftsmanship in Mary's clothing, but here it is.
I don't like this mud color on brunettes either - it works much better for blondes.

I like the dress. It´s quite nice, although I´m not very fond of the gathering. Anyway, it looks great on Mary. Not sure about the shoes´colour, in the last photo they seems to be black, but I think they might be dark brown...

This is a very beautiful dress!!!
she was very elegant!!

Does anyone know the designer?? Prada or Hugo Boss,??lol

This is a very beautiful dress!!!
she was very elegant!!

Does anyone know the designer?? Prada or Hugo Boss,??lol

It looks like a miu miu
this, this and a few others from the s/s2009 have the same detailing on the sides

Last edited:
yes you certainly right! it looks like a dress from miu miu!

i thought that last nights dress was a bad choice for Mary - didnt like the cheap looking material and the cut was awful especially the hanging bit from the waist

I like the color, but I don't care for the fabric that hangs from the waist. It would have looked much better without it.

I really like this color on Mary and the style of the dress is nice. But the fit isn't so good! Usually her clothes are so well tailored and fit her beautifully. I do like her necklace and earrings.

Very nice to see her legs. I love the colour and fabric!

I like the color, but I don't care for the fabric that hangs from the waist. It would have looked much better without it.

I agree. I like those colours on Mary and I love her earrings!

Sept 16, 2009 - Mary in a black cocktail sleevless dress with pleates and a flower with strings hanging from the side. Looks like a wrap dress.
Whiteish strap heels and beaded clutch.

Loved the dress, loved the cut which was quite flattering. The shoes looked nice IMO so did the hair, looks young and trendy.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2
Originally posted by iceflower

Mary's dress looks like it from the Diane Von Firstenberg S/S2009 collection
This and this are very simialer

Last edited:
Sept 16, 2009 - Mary in a black cocktail sleevless dress with pleates and a flower with strings hanging from the side. Looks like a wrap dress.

Loved the dress, loved the cut which was quite flattering. The shoes looked nice IMO so did the hair, looks young and trendy.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Nice dress, good looking on CP. I like the clutch bag and the shoes, they are not a typical peep-toe shoes. The hairstyle is really lovely :)

This is absolutely beautiful.
After the last cocktail dress look at the WHO which went very wrong IMO, this is quite perfect from head to toe.
Love the dress, the hair, matching purse and shoes, choice of jewelry - fresh and elegant. This kind of look doesn't get much better.
It's certainly an alternative short version of the first DvF dress you posted, dazzling - thanks a lot.

The dress doesn´t look so good to me, but it´s nice on Mary. I love the shoes, purse and hairstyle.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2
This black dress is gorgeous and the shoes are perfect.The colour of the shoes is lovely too, and gives an elegant contrast with the dress.She is perfectly dressed here:flowers:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

love the plum version. dvf is always so stylish. mathilde wears a lot of dvf .

This is one of the most beautiful "little black dresses" I have seen!Looks perfect on Mary!The shoes are to die for as well!

I so agree with you, MelinaB. She looks simply stunning from head to toe! Love, love her silver shoes and bag as well. The dress has obviously been been custom-made for her and is beautifully tailored.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

I adore this dress. I don't like the shoes thought, black ones would have been nice. She looks stunning with Frederik. :)

I love this dress! The wrap detail and the ruffled-like edges are so beautiful. The dress really suits Mary's figure. I don't care for her hairstyle, but everything else about this look is gorgeous. In fact, I like the version that Mary is wearing much better than the full-length one on the model. The ruffled style works better on the shorter dress, IMO.

A very lovely LBD and it suits Mary a lot.
The shoes and the clutch are well-matched as well.

Nor can I, ashelen! It would be interesting to see the link....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom