The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 3: January 2009 - May 2009

Welcome to HRH Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear: Part Three.
The previous thread can be found here.

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Old 01-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

anyones know a site for Malene Birger, the disegner of the silvr dress? i love it!
and thak you madadme royale1

Old 01-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked the fabric of the coat-dress worn on 5 January, but the cut was a bit frumpy. The colors and details are very beautiful, but I would have preferred a slimmer cut. Her shoes were very nice, though.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Aristocracy

www.bymalenebirger.dk :-D

musthaves.dk - By Malene Birger - High fashion netshop some musthaves By malene birger, according to this site. :-D
Old 01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

Personally I liked these two galla dresses, for her, not for me, (Im 15, and NOT a princess. :-D)

http://i2-images.tv2.dk/s/94/1380994...20678624d.jpeg

Can anyone find that purple gown/dress, she wore it when she was pregnant with Isabella, 3 different shades of purple, including the "Cape",
Old 01-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the links, SarahMaria. It seems that Mary, and now Marie, like Malene Birger. She has some lovely things on her website. I could definitely imagine Mary wearing them.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMaria View Post
Personally I liked these two galla dresses, for her, not for me, (Im 15, and NOT a princess. :-D)

http://i2-images.tv2.dk/s/94/1380994...20678624d.jpeg

Can anyone find that purple gown/dress, she wore it when she was pregnant with Isabella, 3 different shades of purple, including the "Cape",
Galadress, 3 shades of purple and a cape.....

This http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...080101Ka-1.jpg one?
But she hasn't worn that one during her pregnancy with Isabella! This was the New Years Court 2008 at Amalienborg (the first time she's worn that dress was during the engagement time for the State Visit of the Romanian President)

During her pregnancy with Isabella she has worn the burgundy gown, you've posted, twice (New Years Court 2007, Amalienborg and for King Haralds 70th birthday in February 2007), as well as a black dress for the Birthday in Norway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ALD709053z.jpg Burgundy gown worn in Norway, February 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../feb23_100.jpg Black dress worn in Norway, February 2007

All pictures taken from http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com
Old 01-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

Jinigirl,I was thinking of the first outfit,the purple one (the cape looks black in this photo,though) when I said Mary looked like a true Princess.
Jesus,their daughter is just like Frederick!!lol
Old 01-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMaria View Post

the only purple dress Mary wore when pregnant with Isabell was a two tone purple satin dress and coat combo worn at the diplomatic reception
royals.web-log.nl: Overzicht Prinses Mary bij Nieuwjaarsdiners

Old 01-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

We are talking about the same outfit,Princess of Europe!!I mean the outfit in the picture that Mary is greeting or something.It's the same purple dress with the dark purple/black cape
Old 01-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
the only purple dress Mary wore when pregnant with Isabell was a two tone purple satin dress and coat combo worn at the diplomatic reception
I was looking for a goof picture of the purple dress&coat-combo, and then forgot to post it, I'm getting old
Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
Galadress, 3 shades of purple and a cape.....

This http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...080101Ka-1.jpg one?
But she hasn't worn that one during her pregnancy with Isabella! This was the New Years Court 2008 at Amalienborg (the first time she's worn that dress was during the engagement time for the State Visit of the Romanian President)

During her pregnancy with Isabella she has worn the burgundy gown, you've posted, twice (New Years Court 2007, Amalienborg and for King Haralds 70th birthday in February 2007), as well as a black dress for the Birthday in Norway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ALD709053z.jpg Burgundy gown worn in Norway, February 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../feb23_100.jpg Black dress worn in Norway, February 2007

All pictures taken from Danish Royal Watchers
I think the first one was the dress she wore, but with a different cape, in the same fabric, and down to the floor. It was loose from her breast down, and really beautiful. Dark purple in the bottom. :-D
Old 01-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Nobility

As mentioned she has worn that dress only twice, for the New Years Court at Amalienborg in 2008, and for the Visit of the Romanian President in early 2004, and she wasn't pregnant back then,
and she hasn't worn a cape (only the dark-blue velvet cape last year)

What about that http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Nyrrskur6.jpg? That's one mentioned by PrincessofEurope, which I've forgotten in my post. It's kind of purple with a coat in 2 shades.
She has worn that one for the New Years Receptiion of the Diplomatic Corps in 2006, held at Christiansborg. She was pregnant with Isabella at that time.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Yes, Yep, that's the one, Dress number 4, numero quatro. :-D
Old 01-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

Jinigirl, Yep. :-D
Old 01-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Courtier

UderDane you are not the only one who likes the court dress (or coat). I do to. Like you I think the fabric is eminently suited for this type of dress and as you wrote in an other poste: Etiquette is what is going on here.

You are so right. It is about etiquette and the court dress is perfect for the occasion.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Courtier

I have to say I love the use of furs by the Danish Royals. They are so beautiful. I realize they are not everyones cup of tea, but I love them.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Grand Finale 2008 - hellomagazine.com, HELLO! vote for Princess Mary (or Princess Marie) in Hello's end of year poll to find the most elegant woman - just make sure a royal wins!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the link, PrincessofEurope. CP Mary is (IMO), the most stylish among the candidates.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

CP Mary and CP Frederik attending a sports gala in Denmark on 10 January 2009:

B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning
Photo via Paty in Frederik and Mary current events thread

I like this dress. At first glance, I thought that it was a bit too 1960s; then, I looked at the other attendees, and I realized that this dress was a perfect choice for this event.

Tags
eveningwear, princess mary