Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 3: January 2009 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the color, but the style is a bit too medieval-looking for my taste. IMO, it looks like she is in costume. She should definitely wear more things in this color, though. It is really pretty with her skin and hair.

It's wonderful to look back isn't it? Mary has really grown. But I think all of us have. A lot in her life has changed and she seems to keep getting better, more comfortable with age.

showing the bellybutton wasn't something you'd except at a white tie event, let alone from a royal girlfriend, a major blunder she thankfully never repeated.

:previous:

I don't think she expected to either, but one cannot control mother nature :cool: I never really liked that outfit, it looks very mish-mash.

:previous: You are so right. An errant gust and a (almost) royal navel was flashing. Not a good look unless on the beach. :rolleyes:

Still, the outfit shows her fledgling fashion sense with a slightly larger budget than before. But lets face it . . . . you've got to break a few eggs to make a good omlet. :D

It's wonderful to look back isn't it? Mary has really grown. But I think all of us have. A lot in her life has changed and she seems to keep getting better, more comfortable with age.

I agree with you ;) I like seeing these old outfit for the same reason. It´s great how she´s improved her style.

I love this dress, the colour is so perfect for Mary and she looks gorgeous. I like that she wore her hair out too.Poor Fred on crutches, he dosen't look very comfortable.

I love the color on her but hate the dress. I don't like the wrap around thing going on. The dress would have been better without it.

Mary is just unbelievable... She just simply gets more and more elegant and regal with each outing! Now she just needs another tiara to add to her elegance....

I agree with you ;) I like seeing these old outfit for the same reason. It´s great how she´s improved her style.

She? I'd rather say her style advisor & also her financial possiblities ...:whistling:

I wish that her tiara had more sparkle - it's so sparse looking -

She? I'd rather say her style advisor & also her financial possiblities ...:whistling:

Yes, she.
There are several royals, politicians and celebrities who have style advisors and a lot of money and still look messy and vulgar most of the time. Even when Mary is not in official duties, she looks elegant and proper, so she knows how to pick up her own cloth.

Mary is special because she gives life to her clothes.Just my opinion. :)

I love the color on her but hate the dress. I don't like the wrap around thing going on.

I agree! I especially don't like the wrapping thing emphazising the bust, it basically makes you stare at her bra or whatever is there :nonono:

The colour is really great, but the wrappings... looks like an apprentice designer had been desperate to create something new. And the loose hair doesn't go well with this tiara, IMO.

A recycled dress on Mary looks ten times better than the tacky evening gowns which Marie has been wearing -

I love the color on her but hate the dress. I don't like the wrap around thing going on. The dress would have been better without it.

the dress is beautiful, but this ugly ribbon, it looks like... a gift package!

The colour is lovely and it suits her, but the dress...:nonono:
I don´t like it.
I like the hair out with the tiara though.

Beuatiful dress as well as color, hair looks nice. The dress is not a nice match with a tiara. overall, this is a miss for Mary.

i assume you are all talking about the purple gown righ?

I thought this was a good dress for Mary. Nice color, would have loved to see a brooch or something up by her face.

This sleek Alexander McQueen gown is quite perfectly elegant, and CP Mary pulls off the style very well - I just agree that her hair went wrong. Wrong for the tiara as well as for the dress, which screams for an equally sleek up-do.

I don't like the dress at all :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom