Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 3: January 2009 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually,it's the type of dress I could easily imagine worn by a female artist:a painter or a sculptor,for example.Not a princess,no way :rolleyes:

CP Mary and CP Frederik attending a sports gala in Denmark on 10 January 2009:

B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning
Photo via Paty in Frederik and Mary current events thread

I like this dress. At first glance, I thought that it was a bit too 1960s; then, I looked at the other attendees, and I realized that this dress was a perfect choice for this event.

I'm not a fan of the dress personally and I wonder why she couldn't have recycled an older outfit. She has plenty of other outfits and I would like to see a bit more recycling given the world's economic state. Yes, I understand she's promoting the fashion industry by wearing new outfits; however, I don't think her outfit selection has much impact on the GDP, yet by recyclying more she would show greater sensitivity to the economy and it would be good press for the royal family (just like QEII was praised).

I really like this dress. Looks funny and cute.

Frederik's suit on the other hand... :cool::ninja:

Agreed, the dress definitly looks funny and cute. Frederik should have chosen at least a matching tie ... plenty of room for improvement for him :D

I'm not a fan of the dress personally and I wonder why she couldn't have recycled an older outfit. She has plenty of other outfits and I would like to see a bit more recycling given the world's economic state. Yes, I understand she's promoting the fashion industry by wearing new outfits; however, I don't think her outfit selection has much impact on the GDP, yet by recyclying more she would show greater sensitivity to the economy and it would be good press for the royal family (just like QEII was praised).
The dress WAS worn before, for a private christening party in February 2008 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drws/4dabe5d0.jpg
Mary does a lot of recycling, much more than other Princesses.

Edit:
In 2008 Princess Mary has worn 51 "new" outfits, and 81 times she has recycled something which have seen in previous years or early in 2008.
In 2009 every outfit we've seen have been recycled ;)

Good eye Jinigirl. Thanks for pointing that out. I should clarify - I never meant to suggest she doesn't recycle often. I know there are many examples, which it great. I just would like to see it more generally.

royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Mary en Prins Frederik bij sportgala

Troonopvolgers!: Frederik en Mary. it look from this picture that Mary has previously worn this dress under the black coat but im not sure when that picture was taken - any ideas?
The picture where you can see the dress under the black coat was worn, as mentioned above, for the christening party for Palma Handwerk (her father Jeppe Handwerk is a old friend of Frederik)
2nd February 2008.

The picture where you can see the dress under the black coat was worn, as mentioned above, for the christening party for Palma Handwerk (her father Jeppe Handwerk is a old friend of Frederik)
2nd February 2008.

Thanks for that info - i totally missed your first mentioning the dress was a repeat (sorry) :flowers:

The dress WAS worn before, for a private christening party in February 2008 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drws/4dabe5d0.jpg

Edit:
In 2008 Princess Mary has worn 51 "new" outfits, and 81 times she has recycled something which have seen in previous years or early in 2008.
my goodnes i wonder how she storogae all that? what kind of wordrobe does she has?

I've been trying to see the dress in a positive light. I gave up. Something about the design I just can't get used to. I think it'll look better as a summer dress, with light hosiery and accessories.

I am not crazy about this sports gala dress it really is a bit boring. IMO. It isn't the sort of dress one wears in winter woith a black coat though more a spring or summer thing. I always think that the notion a piece of clothing is all seasonal a bit odd but then aI am not a nortern hemispere person, The dress is ok IMO.

The dress is lovely and youthful!!!! I love to see Mary in that dress however I have never heard about "temperley" before :rolleyes:

Edit:

You are right, jinigirl. Mary does recycle a lot. And when it comes to the post made by Laduchesses in which Laduchesses is wishing that CP Mary would recycle a bit more given the world's economic state - it is IMO relevant to mention, that not all nations in the world are affected by the financial crises. Furturnatly Denmark isn't. As CP Mary is a representative of Denmark, IMO, it is more important that she reflect the Danish society in her choice of outfit (also when attending an event like this), then showing solidarity for the unfurturnat people around the rest of the world who are facing financiel problems.

This dress happens to be recycled. But if she had worn a brand new dress - that would have been all right as well. IMO.

The dress is lovely and youthful!!!! I love to see Mary in that dress however I have never heard about "temperley" before :rolleyes:

Yes, temperley is a popular design company now. They even did a low cost line for Target here in the United States.

You are right, jinigirl. Mary does recycle a lot. And when it comes to the post made by Laduchesses in which Laduchesses is wishing that CP Mary would recycle a bit more given the world's economic state - it is IMO relevant to mention, that not all nations in the world are affected by the financial crises. Furturnatly Denmark isn't. As CP Mary is a representative of Denmark, IMO, it is more important that she reflect the Danish society in her choice of outfit (also when attending an event like this), then showing solidarity for the unfurturnat people around the rest of the world who are facing financiel problems.

This dress happens to be recycled. But if she had worn a brand new dress - that would have been all right as well. IMO.

Yes, this dress was worn once before. We, however, did not get to see it in it's full glory. It was under a coat, so the top half didn't show.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dress looks like Target IMO, there are so many beautiful youthful things out there that would be elegant on her great figure. I only hope she didn't pay more than 29.99 for it.

This dress is really beautiful and quite different.Her hair in the 2nd photo might not have been that good,but at least,I enjoyed seeing that beautiful bolero again :flowers:

The dress looks like Target IMO, there are so many beautiful youthful things out there that would be elegant on her great figure. I only hope she didn't pay more than 29.99 for it.

That clothing brand did do a one time line for Target. That is why it looks familiar. The difference comes in fabrics and finishing.

I really lovrd her hair that evening Princessof Europe it is interesting how we all see things as that was one of my favs on her. Thanks for posting those I too love the swingy 20's look skirt.

The occasion was the opening of the new Concert House building in Copenagen.
CP Mary wore what I would say is a great version of the proverbial "little black dress" - glamorous, sexy, smart.
Along with nice hair and perfectly accessorized (notice the splashes of red: Purse and heels!), it's such a classy, elegant overall look:

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I loved her dress and am in LOVE with that coat gorgeous clutch and I love her nails painted is it rouge noir I wonder I am just crazy about the whole thing. Thanks for the prompt posting.

is it my idea, but did she cut her hair? i love her dress, shoes, everything, she looks beautiful! thankyou for the pics!

Really stunning!!! I love the whole outfit. She looks very pretty and soft. Even Frederick looks super cool. Love the scarf. THE shining stars that night.

is it my idea, but did she cut her hair? i love her dress, shoes, everything, she looks beautiful! thankyou for the pics!

I don't know for sure, but to me, it looks shorter because of the curls. It is a really pretty style. This is one of her best evening looks, IMO.

I don't like Mary's look at a Concert Hall on 17th January 2009 because everything is too dark:a black coat, black shoes etc. She is too young to dress like middle-aged woman. I wish she had worn sth that lighten her look but this is only my opinion!

Black is timeless and elegant.
I loved her whole look. Simply stunning! The cut of the dress is just perfect on her. I also loved her curly hair. All in all a perfect look. :flowers:

Mary looked lovely. I liked the new black dress, really elegent and the shimmer on it gave it a perfect night look. The shoes and bag were a good match since it gave off abit of color. Not too sure about the hair, looks like it was done last minute. I would liked to see it pulled back from the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom