The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
So, here is a little collection of Mary's State Dinner/Tiara looks:

Mary's Tiara Looks
Royals, DRW, Viewimages

Please let me know if I forget any Tiara event.
Thank you her majesty,you have done a great job
CP Mary is absolutly stunning.She always looks so perfect.
In my opinion,the only princess/queen of her generation who could compete with her is queen Rania.
Although she has only two tiaras,I am suprised that her look never appears boring.
Both tiaras look nice but her rubies one is absolutly stunning,one of the nicest tiaras in the world in my opinion.
I also think that she deserves another tiara after all she is the crown princess of Danemark.
I agree with al bina,her dresses are always well tailored
I have preference for her red,burgundy and both blue dresses.
These colors bring a nice contrast with her porcelain complexion
If I have to chose one it will be the red one although I never wear red

Old 02-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
Thank you her majesty,you have done a great job
CP Mary is absolutly stunning.She always looks so perfect.
In my opinion,the only princess/queen of her generation who could compete with her is queen Rania.
Although she has only two tiaras,I am suprised that her look never appears boring.
Both tiaras look nice but her rubies one is absolutly stunning,one of the nicest tiaras in the world in my opinion.
I also think that she deserves another tiara after all she is the crown princess of Danemark.
I agree with al bina,her dresses are always well tailored
I have preference for her red,burgundy and both blue dresses.
These colors bring a nice contrast with her porcelain complexion
If I have to chose one it will be the red one although I never wear red
I agree with you soraya in everything you said, especially in the competition thing, both have great style on fashion, but so far I have wide preference for Mary than for Rania, as the first one never had a plastic surergy done, while the second had done (at least one, nose job).

My prefered tiara is the one she's wearing with the red gown, with chignon up, very classy, and i am always so empressed by Mary's bearing.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
No sorry Ashelen, the link is in Danish but is shows an example of a modern tiara.

If you come to Copenhagen, you should definitely visit the Rosenborg Castle and see all the fantastic jewellery (and the silver lions in the knights' hall ). I don't know who exactly takes care of the jewellery and repair them. Bjarne at the Royal Jewels of the World board will know that - he's an expert

It was Queen Margrethes' paternal grandmother, Queen Alexandrine who had the jewels transferred from Amalienborg to Rosenborg - which made them available to the public. Alexandrine was said to be not very interested in jewellery and preferred to let Rosenborg take over the management of them apparently.
thank you for the explanation i had been in denmark several times but i miss that one, in my next trip, i promised my little daughter to take her there where my father born in svendborg. i really would love to see actually how they mantein the jewellery, i just mayself put a ring in one of this ultrasonic cleaner and one of the little diamonds come off, it was a present from my aunt before she died, she lost amny yearrs ago one of the clow that hold a pink stone, i am not sure if it is topaz and now i am thinking to repair but it is s18 k and here they use 14k so i don't know what to do. probably if i was mary i would not have a problem to have the ring repair!
Old 02-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Anyone out there has a nice photo of the red engagment dress from the back or side where i can sse the detail of the train?
Old 02-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Anyone out there has a nice photo of the red engagment dress from the back or side where i can sse the detail of the train?
Backview
Sideview
Sideview2

Old 02-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Royal Highness

She looked gorgeous in this beautiful gown!!But I have to say that she had put on too many jewels...The dress is impressive in itself,it doesn't require so much in order to shine.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Those photos of the red engagement gown are far and away my favourites still. The jewels the shoes her hair every last detail was perfect. I love the way the gown draped .... thanks for posting those best ones again.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I actually liked the silver gown worn the night before at the pre-wedding banquet much better.
The red dress seems to be a two piece, and I never thought the top of the outfit was 'anchored' well for Mary's body shape - just didn't fit quite right. And although I disagree about her wearing 'too much jewelry', all in all it was just a bit too much RED.
Everything about the silver dress and her overall look that night was sheer perfection though, IMHO.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Those photos of the red engagement gown are far and away my favourites still. The jewels the shoes her hair every last detail was perfect. I love the way the gown draped .... thanks for posting those best ones again.
I totally agree with you!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
thank you so much i love it! wish i could have it made one for me for a big party that i will have in may!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

This is my favorite Mary gala look ever. She looks amazing in this dress. I love that shade or red, and the train is very dramatic.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

one question? she start to use tiaras actually before the wedding, i was surpprise about when she was pronunce princess?, sorry for my ignorance1
Old 02-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
one question? she start to use tiaras actually before the wedding, i was surpprise about when she was pronunce princess?, sorry for my ignorance1
Mary started to wear a Tiara for her 2 pre-wedding events (the gala and the concert). She recieved the title "Crown Princess of Denmark" on her wedding day.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Mary started to wear a Tiara for her 2 pre-wedding events (the gala and the concert). She recieved the title "Crown Princess of Denmark" on her wedding day.
if i recall correctly maxima started wearing a tiara even earlier and not only days before her wedding. letizia had to wait until her wedding day, she attended m&f wedding without and her own pre-wedding event was black tie only and not white tie.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
if i recall correctly maxima started wearing a tiara even earlier and not only days before her wedding. letizia had to wait until her wedding day, she attended m&f wedding without and her own pre-wedding event was black tie only and not white tie.
Máxima wore the Pavlovnik pearl tiara without the pearls at the Wedding of Haakon and ette-Marit and the aquamarine tiara at the spanish State Visit to the Netherlands in the autumn of 2001 where she was even given an spanish order.
Contrar both Mary and Mette-Marit attended State Banquets before their Weddings but didn't wore tiaras. I don't think Letizia attended a State Banquet before her Wedding.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 02-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
wasn't alexandra's tiara supposed to come back to the family once she is deceased? i thought that was what i read!
I don't know whether it has ever been established as a fact or just guessed. Most guesses I have seen is that the tiara will have to stay in the family line and that probably we will see a wife of prince Nikolai wearing it.
Still wish it had reverted back to the 'main' royal family though. It would be fine if they built up a collection of jewellery, tiaras, which the royal women other than the queen could share - just as it seems to be the case in Holland. Wonder if it would be possible to dispense with the rule that the tiaras in the family foundation, for example, is only for the queen's use.
Perhaps we should cross our fingers and hope that Mr. Mærsk McKinney-Møller feels like donating a tiara to the DRF
Old 02-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Máxima wore the Pavlovnik pearl tiara without the pearls at the Wedding of Haakon and ette-Marit and the aquamarine tiara at the spanish State Visit to the Netherlands in the autumn of 2001 where she was even given an spanish order.
Contrar both Mary and Mette-Marit attended State Banquets before their Weddings but didn't wore tiaras. I don't think Letizia attended a State Banquet before her Wedding.
thanks stefan, i forgot about mette-marit! no, letizia did not attend a state banquet before her wedding. it would have been nice if she had been allowed to wear one at the m&f wedding that only took place 2 weeks before her own wedding. on the other hand, technically she wasn't a member of the family as yet so they were only following the rules. disappointing but consistent.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

We are going slightly off topic talking about tiara's & other Crown Princess's. Can we please get back on topic & discuss Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear.

Thank you
Dazz
Old 02-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

A nice collection of evening dresses by BilledBladet

Cocktail dresses
(1) Silver dress , (2) Dark blue dress , (3) Purple dress , (4) Flower dress

Gala dresses
(1) Brown galadress , (2) Pink with mint coloured coat , (3) Grey/brown dress , (4) Black dress , (5) Silver dress , (6) pink/black dress ,
(7) brown dress , (8) black /white dress , (9)colourful dress

Old 02-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Royal Highness

This is the greatest collection ever My top 3:a).the pink/black dress,b).the brown dress(No7) and c).the black/white dress

Tags
eveningwear, princess mary