The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
So, here is a little collection of Mary's State Dinner/Tiara looks:

Mary's Tiara Looks
Royals, DRW, Viewimages
Many thanks Her_Majesty, great collage.

Mary is just awesone, she got the best head which wears a tiara, among whole royal women, and the best figure and bearing, athletic but not sickly skinny, very classy, and not too much.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

Mary does look good in red!!But my personal favourite is the blue gown (No12).It's so regal!!

Old 02-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
i wonder how the keep track of what she wears?

I know for Diana they took photos of what went with what and kept a large book of what was worn when and where. Everything was also tagged. I'm sure Mary has some similar system.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

well, she might even be able to buy the photos from the same sites we see, so that way it is easy to have traack of everything,
Old 02-12-2009, 06:26 AM
Courtier

I doubt she would need to do that. I'm sure they have their own camera.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

My favorite look is the ruby tiara with the red dress that she wore for the concert before her wedding. Her wedding tiara has always looked a bit too small on her (IMO).
Old 02-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
I doubt she would need to do that. I'm sure they have their own camera.
save her posing evreytime at home, and the photos drom the site are more glamorus
Old 02-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks lovely in all her formals!! I do wish she would get a new tiara, she is so modern it would be great to see her in something just a little different. Not that I don't love her other tiaras!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Gentry

Her pre-wedding gala concert look is my all times favourite.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness

Exactly my thoughts,Rubies!!I would love to see her with a new tiara and I mean a brand new one.There are so many "Artists" out there today that could make a unique tiara just for her.Why does it always have to be an old historical tiara?
Old 02-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

the same for me her pre-wedding gala looking is the one i most love! if she would have a new tiara made who would pay for that? her husband? or the goverment money? just curious!......i wonder why des she use alwasy the same 2, why she doesn't sahre the otherones like maxima does?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

I like the wedding tiara much more than the ruby one, as evening dress, make up, jewels put together, it is already so heavy to her, ,make her shorter and older. She is not old! The wedding tiara make the overral appearance a fresh look!
Old 02-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
the same for me her pre-wedding gala looking is the one i most love! if she would have a new tiara made who would pay for that? her husband? or the goverment money? just curious!......i wonder why des she use alwasy the same 2, why she doesn't sahre the otherones like maxima does?

The government would not get her a new tiara. The DRF would pay for it themselves. But when you look at all the times she has worn a tiara, she really has no need for one. She will get a few more when she is Queen. Marie doesn't even have a tiara!

The Dutch royal family has many, many, many more tiara's and jewels than the danes do. They are also much, much wealthier. Althought the Danes are not in any way poor either! Also, imo, the danes are much more laid back in terms of formal occassions than the dutch. I also don't think that the danes have a family foundation for jewels like the dutch and swedes do to maintain jewels. Perhaps someone with more knowledge in that area can answer.

Also, I am not sure on the history, but I am guessing the danes lost a lot of jewels for wedding like they did to Alex, and the dutch gained more. But this is just a guess on my part.

My favorite evening dress with her in her wedding tiara is Henrik's birthday when she wore the 3 strand pearl and bead necklace and a long black dress. I also like her engagement dinner in the icy blue dress with the black ribbon on the train and the ruby tiara.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Royal Highness

There will be lots of opportunities to get inspiration for a new tiara for Mary - if Frederik should be contemplating a serious birthday gift, say for her 40th From March 3 till August this year, there will be an exhibition at the Amalienborg museum on tiaras (Rosenborg Slot - De Danske Kongers Kronologiske Samlinger), focusing on new design but also with pieces made available by the royal family. The exhibition should show how the tiara is interpreted as a contemporary piece of jewellery and also show some of the workmanship behind tiaras.

Fashionista100, the Danish royal family does have a family foundation. There are the crown jewels - for the queen's sole use - kept at Rosenborg, a family foundation which I think is also reserved for the queen - and then privately owned jewellery.
I still think it was a pity that countess Alexandra's tiara was allowed to follow her once she left the family. I suppose it is enevitable that pieces should leave the family, but still..... I would also have loved to see the Khedive tiara (the "wedding tiara") still in the royal collection - instead it went to queen Anne Marie from her mother.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Courtier

Thanks UserDane, I knew about the royal jewels, but I didn't realize they also have a foundation. I wasn't sure.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

thank you UserDane and Fashionisa100 for your explanation , it is a version in english for your link "tiaras"?
so the foundation takes care of having the pices clean, repair, etc,etc...? so evrytime they want to use them they have to drive to the vaults to get them? it must be amzing to see that vault!
Old 02-14-2009, 05:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
thank you UserDane and Fashionisa100 for your explanation , it is a version in english for your link "tiaras"?
so the foundation takes care of having the pices clean, repair, etc,etc...? so evrytime they want to use them they have to drive to the vaults to get them? it must be amzing to see that vault!
No sorry Ashelen, the link is in Danish but is shows an example of a modern tiara.

If you come to Copenhagen, you should definitely visit the Rosenborg Castle and see all the fantastic jewellery (and the silver lions in the knights' hall ). I don't know who exactly takes care of the jewellery and repair them. Bjarne at the Royal Jewels of the World board will know that - he's an expert

It was Queen Margrethes' paternal grandmother, Queen Alexandrine who had the jewels transferred from Amalienborg to Rosenborg - which made them available to the public. Alexandrine was said to be not very interested in jewellery and preferred to let Rosenborg take over the management of them apparently.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I still think it was a pity that countess Alexandra's tiara was allowed to follow her once she left the family. I suppose it is enevitable that pieces should leave the family, but still..... I would also have loved to see the Khedive tiara (the "wedding tiara") still in the royal collection - instead it went to queen Anne Marie from her mother.
wasn't alexandra's tiara supposed to come back to the family once she is deceased? i thought that was what i read. in any case, i think it was a nice recognition from the queen of the spotless work of alexandra when she was a princess of denmark.

Quote:
i agree ashelen, the vault must be a great sight!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-14-2009, 06:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
Also, imo, the danes are much more laid back in terms of formal occassions than the dutch..
I absolutly disagre about that, is it something queen MArgrethe is not laid back about it is gala occasions and IMO it is a good thing, I hate how you never know if a dutch gala dinner with be men in white tie or just business suit, you never have to wonder about that in the scandinavian countires. When Queen B has a birthday it is celebrated with a concert in business suit and short dresses/pants for the women, when Queen Margrethe will have a round birthday I guess the -queestion is if it going to 2 or 3 white tie dinners.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Good point Larzen, Queen Margrethe always seems to do up the whole Queen look whenever she needs to which I love. Where as Queen Beatrix seems much more casual about dressing. Also I think the Prince can buy PMary a tiara. She sports very expensive clothes, shoes and bags, he could save up and buy her one!!!!!!!hehe

Tags
eveningwear, princess mary