The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freye View Post
I think there's something wrong with the coat picture. Maybe the aspect ratio is out. They both look weirdly proportioned.

Here's a better picture

Marys middag med Lina Rafn - MSN Starlounge
ok compared to most other guests who look really horrible with the most strange fashion taste mary's coat is nothing to complain about

Old 02-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree re the coat it is just not right plain odd looking IMO. The other guests look very strange what is going on.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
sort of: http://www.sunpig.com/abi/images/2005/11/hagrid.jpg
I don't like Mary's hair at all but it's not THAT bad!

The beard would have looked very nice on Mary though. What a pity it isn't Mary on that photo. If it was - beards like that might soon have become very trendy here in Copenhagen.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

The pants and the blouse look quite good on Mary...
but what's going on with thats super huge and super ugly necklace? I really don't like it.. the coat neither.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Troonopvolgers!: Prinses Mary reikt award uit.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really like the pants and the blouse but, that necklace??
It´s too much. It looks very strage in this outfit IMO.
The coat isn´t ugly, but I agree, is too big for this outfit. It would look better with more casual clothes.
And her hair looks good, but I prefer it more straight.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 02-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

I cannot say anything about coat besides it is black. I just don't see its style, shape, maybe pictures are too dark.
But I really like the blouse and necklace. The blouse is very simple and a necklace is big and eccentric, this makes very interesting effect. If Mary wore just a top and maybe some small necklace, the whole would be boring and too plain.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 02-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Certainley wow at the necklace :)
I love the outfit, perfect for marry
Old 02-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Courtier

I think that necklace is better suited to a strapless gown...or off the shoulder type gown...other than that, I think she looks pretty. I like her hair loosely curled.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

i like the blouse and the necklace, i am not sure about the coat and trausers, but the neclace look similar to one i have, my husband bought it for me when he went to southafrica.
the other outfit, i like the pink blouse. i suppose it is difficult to have so many evens and you have to dress diferent, i wonder if she has some help, does she dicide by herself what she will use that day, she has it plan it in advance or just wake up go to the wardobe ,ok today i use this , this sand this!!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
i like the blouse and the necklace, i am not sure about the coat and trausers, but the neclace look similar to one i have, my husband bought it for me when he went to southafrica.
the other outfit, i like the pink blouse. i suppose it is difficult to have so many evens and you have to dress diferent, i wonder if she has some help, does she dicide by herself what she will use that day, she has it plan it in advance or just wake up go to the wardobe ,ok today i use this , this sand this!!!!
She has a stylist, Anja Aladji, she is a professional stylist and business partner of jeweller Marianne Dulong
http://www.altfordamerne.dk/upload/m...lajdi-400x.jpg

I think they meet on a regular basis, maybe twice a month, and decide what to wear for which engagement, and what to buy etc.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well the coat for outside was an unusal unqualitified disaster for her, for appearances sake. Probably warm though.
Its not often that Mary wears pants for an evening event, so that interests me.
I really like the necklace combined with the top. They shouldn't work together when you look at them, but somehow for me, they do. (I would like to see each seperately though). I really like the satin around the neckline of the top.
The part of the outfit which I am least certain about is her hair. In some pics it looks great, in others, far less so.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Courtier

The coat is double breasted. So it looks huge when she has it opened.
I do like her top and necklace. I think this outfit is a slight departure from what she normally wears. Which makes me like it. I do like her curly hair. It gives her a different look. I like the fact she changes her hair a lot.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Courtier

The necklace is little bit too big, but CP Mary is very elegant, as usual.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Hideous coat, just awful but the outfit underneath is gorgeous. Love the necklace, it is so bold but the colours blend beautifully with the blouse and the pants are very nice too. Great combination.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Although the necklace is little bit too big, Mary looks wonderful.Especially,I like the coat.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:32 AM
Nobility

Mary' outfit from yesterdays event, images from troonopvolgers

And look closer to the photo on the left corner. She must have sweated.

http://img151.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_125lo.jpg
Old 02-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Royal Highness

Now that I saw her full posture,I don't like it at all.It might be a change for her,but she doesn't look feminine.And this top makes her look as if she has no breasts.I just hope she won't start experimenting with such awful outfits!!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonbon View Post
Mary' outfit from yesterdays event, images from troonopvolgers

And look closer to the photo on the left corner. She must have sweated.

http://img151.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_125lo.jpg

I think Mary should use an antiperspirant deodorant. Is not the first time I see that mark in her armpits.
I do not like the outfit,this is huge and too informal.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kroonroyal Mary!: Prinses Mary bij uitreiking

Closed Thread

Tags
eveningwear, princess mary