The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Royal Highness

I've been trying to see the dress in a positive light. I gave up. Something about the design I just can't get used to. I think it'll look better as a summer dress, with light hosiery and accessories.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am not crazy about this sports gala dress it really is a bit boring. IMO. It isn't the sort of dress one wears in winter woith a black coat though more a spring or summer thing. I always think that the notion a piece of clothing is all seasonal a bit odd but then aI am not a nortern hemispere person, The dress is ok IMO.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is lovely and youthful!!!! I love to see Mary in that dress however I have never heard about "temperley" before
Old 01-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
The dress WAS worn before, for a private christening party in February 2008 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/4dabe5d0.jpg
Mary does a lot of recycling, much more than other Princesses.

Edit:
In 2008 Princess Mary has worn 51 "new" outfits, and 81 times she has recycled something which have seen in previous years or early in 2008.
In 2009 every outfit we've seen have been recycled
You are right, jinigirl. Mary does recycle a lot. And when it comes to the post made by Laduchesses in which Laduchesses is wishing that CP Mary would recycle a bit more given the world's economic state - it is IMO relevant to mention, that not all nations in the world are affected by the financial crises. Furturnatly Denmark isn't. As CP Mary is a representative of Denmark, IMO, it is more important that she reflect the Danish society in her choice of outfit (also when attending an event like this), then showing solidarity for the unfurturnat people around the rest of the world who are facing financiel problems.

This dress happens to be recycled. But if she had worn a brand new dress - that would have been all right as well. IMO.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
The dress is lovely and youthful!!!! I love to see Mary in that dress however I have never heard about "temperley" before

Yes, temperley is a popular design company now. They even did a low cost line for Target here in the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
You are right, jinigirl. Mary does recycle a lot. And when it comes to the post made by Laduchesses in which Laduchesses is wishing that CP Mary would recycle a bit more given the world's economic state - it is IMO relevant to mention, that not all nations in the world are affected by the financial crises. Furturnatly Denmark isn't. As CP Mary is a representative of Denmark, IMO, it is more important that she reflect the Danish society in her choice of outfit (also when attending an event like this), then showing solidarity for the unfurturnat people around the rest of the world who are facing financiel problems.

This dress happens to be recycled. But if she had worn a brand new dress - that would have been all right as well. IMO.

Yes, this dress was worn once before. We, however, did not get to see it in it's full glory. It was under a coat, so the top half didn't show.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

The dress looks like Target IMO, there are so many beautiful youthful things out there that would be elegant on her great figure. I only hope she didn't pay more than 29.99 for it.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kroonroyal Mary!: Mary's galajurk im hoping Mary recycles this dress

http://kroonroyalmary.web-log.nl/kro...op-16-feb.html didnt like Mary's hair that night

Old 01-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Royal Highness

This dress is really beautiful and quite different.Her hair in the 2nd photo might not have been that good,but at least,I enjoyed seeing that beautiful bolero again
Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
The dress looks like Target IMO, there are so many beautiful youthful things out there that would be elegant on her great figure. I only hope she didn't pay more than 29.99 for it.

That clothing brand did do a one time line for Target. That is why it looks familiar. The difference comes in fabrics and finishing.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really lovrd her hair that evening Princessof Europe it is interesting how we all see things as that was one of my favs on her. Thanks for posting those I too love the swingy 20's look skirt.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Mary at a concert at DR's Concert Hall 17 January 2009:

kpn.dk - Kronprins tæt på tårer i koncerthus

Mary og Frederik er ankommet - dr.dk/Nyheder/Kultur

Her dress is lovely, and I am pleased to see that she has recycled this coat. I think she looks beautiful!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

The occasion was the opening of the new Concert House building in Copenagen.
CP Mary wore what I would say is a great version of the proverbial "little black dress" - glamorous, sexy, smart.
Along with nice hair and perfectly accessorized (notice the splashes of red: Purse and heels!), it's such a classy, elegant overall look:

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 01-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I loved her dress and am in LOVE with that coat gorgeous clutch and I love her nails painted is it rouge noir I wonder I am just crazy about the whole thing. Thanks for the prompt posting.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

is it my idea, but did she cut her hair? i love her dress, shoes, everything, she looks beautiful! thankyou for the pics!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Courtier

Really stunning!!! I love the whole outfit. She looks very pretty and soft. Even Frederick looks super cool. Love the scarf. THE shining stars that night.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
is it my idea, but did she cut her hair? i love her dress, shoes, everything, she looks beautiful! thankyou for the pics!
I don't know for sure, but to me, it looks shorter because of the curls. It is a really pretty style. This is one of her best evening looks, IMO.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Troonopvolgers!: Opening concertgebouw.

The curls look great from the back, but I'm not so thrilled by pictures from the front.
The outfit however, is completely to die for!
Old 01-18-2009, 03:11 AM
Commoner

I don't like Mary's look at a Concert Hall on 17th January 2009 because everything is too dark:a black coat, black shoes etc. She is too young to dress like middle-aged woman. I wish she had worn sth that lighten her look but this is only my opinion!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Black is timeless and elegant.
I loved her whole look. Simply stunning! The cut of the dress is just perfect on her. I also loved her curly hair. All in all a perfect look.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Mary looked lovely. I liked the new black dress, really elegent and the shimmer on it gave it a perfect night look. The shoes and bag were a good match since it gave off abit of color. Not too sure about the hair, looks like it was done last minute. I would liked to see it pulled back from the sides.

Closed Thread

Tags
eveningwear, princess mary