The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Courtier

Yes, Mary looks good. The dress is not my cup of tea, but it is correct for the evening. She looks good, her dress never overpowers her.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Courtier

Love it , love it. What a great fun choice. She never gets it wrong in my book.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I really like this dress. Looks funny and cute.

Frederik's suit on the other hand...

Old 01-11-2009, 06:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post

I know!!! Why is it so shiny and wrinkled? at least it is a black suit and it isn't so obvious. Imagine if it was grey!!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
CP Mary and CP Frederik attending a sports gala in Denmark on 10 January 2009:

B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning
Photo via Paty in Frederik and Mary current events thread

I like this dress. At first glance, I thought that it was a bit too 1960s; then, I looked at the other attendees, and I realized that this dress was a perfect choice for this event.
I love this dress!!!It´s funny and youthful, not "very formal", perfect for the event.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Commoner

I love the dress! It shows her confidence in her style. Who is the dress by? Does anyone know?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Royal Highness

Well,it needs courage to wear such a dress-in any event,in my opinion-and generally,it's not my cup of tea.In other words,I wouldn't wear it,but I like seeing it on Mary She definitely knows how to wear "difficult" pieces.Now I have to comment on Frederick's suit,right?Well,I'll put it like this:I'm sure that Elton John would be very jealous
Old 01-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayzie View Post
I love the dress! It shows her confidence in her style. Who is the dress by? Does anyone know?
As read on another board the dress is by Temperley autumn/winter 2007/2008
http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/show....id,4418/Page,3
Old 01-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the information,Jinigirl
At the first glance I thought it was Marni,I was wrong,of course
Old 01-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

i'm not such a fan of the dress. i think it doesn't look amazing, although considering she was meeting sportspeople, it seems appropriate not to wear something extremely formal.

it's actually temperley, here is a picture in the catwalk.

http://www.condenast.co.uk/imagelib/...ley/00340f.jpg
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Royal Highness

Actually,it's the type of dress I could easily imagine worn by a female artist:a painter or a sculptor,for example.Not a princess,no way
Old 01-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
CP Mary and CP Frederik attending a sports gala in Denmark on 10 January 2009:

B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning
Photo via Paty in Frederik and Mary current events thread

I like this dress. At first glance, I thought that it was a bit too 1960s; then, I looked at the other attendees, and I realized that this dress was a perfect choice for this event.

I'm not a fan of the dress personally and I wonder why she couldn't have recycled an older outfit. She has plenty of other outfits and I would like to see a bit more recycling given the world's economic state. Yes, I understand she's promoting the fashion industry by wearing new outfits; however, I don't think her outfit selection has much impact on the GDP, yet by recyclying more she would show greater sensitivity to the economy and it would be good press for the royal family (just like QEII was praised).
Old 01-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post

Agreed, the dress definitly looks funny and cute. Frederik should have chosen at least a matching tie ... plenty of room for improvement for him
Old 01-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse View Post
I'm not a fan of the dress personally and I wonder why she couldn't have recycled an older outfit. She has plenty of other outfits and I would like to see a bit more recycling given the world's economic state. Yes, I understand she's promoting the fashion industry by wearing new outfits; however, I don't think her outfit selection has much impact on the GDP, yet by recyclying more she would show greater sensitivity to the economy and it would be good press for the royal family (just like QEII was praised).
The dress WAS worn before, for a private christening party in February 2008 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/4dabe5d0.jpg
Mary does a lot of recycling, much more than other Princesses.

Edit:
In 2008 Princess Mary has worn 51 "new" outfits, and 81 times she has recycled something which have seen in previous years or early in 2008.
In 2009 every outfit we've seen have been recycled
Old 01-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Aristocracy

Good eye Jinigirl. Thanks for pointing that out. I should clarify - I never meant to suggest she doesn't recycle often. I know there are many examples, which it great. I just would like to see it more generally.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Mary en Prins Frederik bij sportgala

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/tro...ik-en-mar.html it look from this picture that Mary has previously worn this dress under the black coat but im not sure when that picture was taken - any ideas?

Old 01-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Mary en Prins Frederik bij sportgala

Troonopvolgers!: Frederik en Mary. it look from this picture that Mary has previously worn this dress under the black coat but im not sure when that picture was taken - any ideas?
The picture where you can see the dress under the black coat was worn, as mentioned above, for the christening party for Palma Handwerk (her father Jeppe Handwerk is a old friend of Frederik)
2nd February 2008.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
The picture where you can see the dress under the black coat was worn, as mentioned above, for the christening party for Palma Handwerk (her father Jeppe Handwerk is a old friend of Frederik)
2nd February 2008.
Thanks for that info - i totally missed your first mentioning the dress was a repeat (sorry)

Old 01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
The dress WAS worn before, for a private christening party in February 2008 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/4dabe5d0.jpg
Mary does a lot of recycling, much more than other Princesses.

Edit:
In 2008 Princess Mary has worn 51 "new" outfits, and 81 times she has recycled something which have seen in previous years or early in 2008.
In 2009 every outfit we've seen have been recycled
my goodnes i wonder how she storogae all that? what kind of wordrobe does she has?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Mary looks fantastic, I really like this dress on her. A very youthful look. Although it does look like she isn’t wearing any shoes, they seem to blend into her tights.

Tags
eveningwear, princess mary