The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Serene Highness

Crown princess is absolutely gorgeous with that new dress!!!
They are such a beautiful couple!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 03-28-2009, 07:35 AM
Nobility

The style of the dress is beautiful, but the fabric is horrid!

Old 03-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Courtier

I really love the dress, she looks stunning. Mary is just so elegant and beautiful she looks great in most of what she wears.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
NYC pics are in! Heartmade gown.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
I adore the dress, i think mary looks stunning in it.
Maybe if it was just on solid colour, purple or blue.
x
Old 03-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The New York dress is nice but there are a couple of dresses in her wardrobe which she has only worn once and i would like to her wear them again (red dress from Australia, black dress from Australia, flower print dress from luxembourg etc) I really dont her hair with this dress though and im glad she kept her jewellery very simple

dress

Old 03-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

this is definitely something new for mary! not really the kind of dress we are used to see on her. it's not my favourite of hers, but i like it! my only complaint is that the danish condecoration gets extremely lost in such a colourful dress, which is a shame.

it's nice to see how she suited her style and her hair-do to the likes of america this time. it's definitely not a very danish style or a european style, so i'm sure she made the effort to blend better with the people who were going to be in the meeting.

the cut of the dress is actually very similar to a brown one she has!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
The New York dress is nice but there are a couple pf dresses in her wardrobe which she has only worn once and i would like to her wear them again (red dress from Australia, black dress from Australia, flower print dress from luxembourg etc) I really dont her hair with this dress though and im glad she kept her jewellery very simple

dress

I usually dislike the prints she wears but I relly like this.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

at the end of the photo i can see a model useing it ,, which designer is? i love the dress, diferent
Old 03-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
at the end of the photo i can see a model useing it ,, which designer is? i love the dress, diferent

Acrroding to website it is by Heartmade 2009 but the Danish Royal Watchers suggest it is a Malene Birger gown - my guess is it is Heartmade

Old 03-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Courtier

Horrible dress and up do.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Courtier

I think it was a very riscy choice with the very bold fabric, and I also think that it would have looked unflattering on a little of people but somehow it just works on Mary ! As for Makeup, hair and jewels, she did well ! But I'd give her a B+ for this outfit.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

A wonderful dress and print, imo. Her hair fashioned in a contemporary style (though it evokes a certain, however small, Princess Royal likeness in the front) and a figure to boot!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...de/NewYork.jpg

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The dress is average, but I do like the cut of it. Her hair on the other hand, ... not very flattering. She has a long face and with that poofy hair in front does nothing for her; in fact it makes her face look even longer.

Overall, the ensembles she has worn on this trip has been quite nice. Thumbs up... except for this evening gown.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Nobility

I'm not a big fan of the print of the dress, but I think that it fits Mary very well. I would also have preferred for her to have worn her hair up or least in a different style. It seems puffy and messy.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
the cut of the dress is actually very similar to a brown one she has!
That it is. A sort of mocha brown if I recall correctly...and worn to an Australian event hosted in Copenhagen last year.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The dress looks pretty & it suits for her. The earrings look lovely,too. I just don't like her hair.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Aristocracy

Normally I wouldn't care for fabric like this, but this works for Mary. It's bold, flirty and fun. As for her hair, a serious, formal hairstyle would spoil the look completely. This is an outfit that just wants to have fun. Mary has a wonderful figure, and having her dark hair hanging down frames those lovely shoulders.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Acrroding to website it is by Heartmade 2009 but the Danish Royal Watchers suggest it is a Malene Birger gown - my guess is it is Heartmade

It is Heartmade Spring/Summer 2009 collection.
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n...2181265541.jpg

The Malene Birger is the blue top she wore underneath the suit in Colorado March 25, 2009.

It's just a misprint on Danish Royal Watchers blog.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

The only thing I like about the dress in question is that it is perfectly tailored to fit Crown Princess Mary's figure. Prints/patterns are in vogue. So it is not suprising that Princesses choose to wear dress with prints/pattterns. I do not like her hairstyle, which looked unpolished to me.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

It looks really gorgeous on her love her hair and it shows that figure she works really to maintain. I really like her hair as well wonder what shoes she is wearing.

Tags
eveningwear, princess mary