Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 3: January 2009 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mary looks really good. I agree about prints on evening gowns can really be a disaster but Mary looks great and has this whole visit IMO!!

you mean like a girdle?

I'm not a fan of prints on anyone, I just don't really like prints especially bold colored ones. The cut is very nice though, perfect.
yes, a body shape, corsett or what ever is the name?

I do't like the dress with the prints, and the hairdo isn't good either.

The cut of the dress is good though, and sometimes large prints and patterns are beautiful. But imo this one was not.

But CP Mary is shining and is indeed a beautiful woman. :flowers:

I agree, princess gertrude. No other woman would wear this dress like Mary does. I think this dress looks nice only because CP Mary is wearing it. When I looked at the same dress on fashion model, it seemed just average.

I definately agree ! The only other royal I could imagine looking good in this dress is Rania.

Here are some of yesterday's pics without watermarks

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess
Mary of Denmark arrive at the American-Scandinavian Foundation
Dinner at The Pierre Hotel on March 27, 2009 in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

abaca gallery

I love Mary's dress! I also love how Frederick's crutches match the blue on Mary's dress :ROFLMAO:

They really are a good double act. Fabulous dress style and nice to see she chose her gown so that the spashes of blue and neon pink of Fred's crutches harmonised to perfection. Now that, my friends, is love! :wub:

The cut of the dress reallys shows off Mary to great advantage. The slim black band looks much better than the wide cumberband on the model version. However, the print is very distracting. Reminds me of 60's psychedelic style. Plus I'm not crazy about mixing red with magenta. And a smaller black clutch would have been an improvement over the purple one.

Mary looks beautiful in this dress. But there's something what I don't like her hair. They are to short for this dress.

A lot of people don't like prints, esp if they are graphic. And in evening wear especially. But I think Mary looks great in it. I would look awful. She has the coloring and physique to pull it off and she does. I love that it is different. You need a dress like that every once in awhile. I like her hair. What I love is she changes the style a lot. Which makes it interesting for us!

A lot of people don't like prints, esp if they are graphic. And in evening wear especially. But I think Mary looks great in it. I would look awful. She has the coloring and physique to pull it off and she does. I love that it is different. You need a dress like that every once in awhile. I like her hair. What I love is she changes the style a lot. Which makes it interesting for us!

I agree! She wears so many solid colored gowns it is nice to see her in something so young and fresh. After all she is both. Life is too short to wear solid colors all the time. She looks so beautiful in the gown. It shows how wonderful her figure is. Her hair is gorgeous the way it is pulled back off her face. All in all I would say she had a wonderful USA trip. The Danish people should all be very proud of their CPrincess. She represents their country with class, charm and beauty. :flowers:

She looks lovely, as usual! I can't wait to see how she 'recycles' this dress - perhaps at a New Year's reception?

She looks lovely, as usual! I can't wait to see how she 'recycles' this dress - perhaps at a New Year's reception?

I would doubt that she would reuse it at the New Year's reception as the dress isnt formal enough for that occassion - probably she will reuse it at some film premiere or dinner

I was thinking she could throw a coat over it like she's done in the past.....maybe in a solid color so the print of the dress peaks out.

I agree with 4Pam and MARG...Mary did a great job of colour-co-ordinating with her husband's crutches...That is actually the first thing I noticed of the dress - which I think I have seen before? - Fred's blue crutches really highlighted the blue patches on Mary's dress, I don't think I noticed the blue bits before....just the pink and magenta...Good job!!! ;)

:previous: The dress was new (worn the first time publicly) in New York ;)

The dress is very colourful, three different colour are combined, and it looks very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom