Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 2: May 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitteringTiaras

Heir Apparent
City
.a
Country
United States
Welcome to HRH Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear: Part Two.
The previous can be found here.

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Mandy, dazzling, kwanfan, TheTruth, and GT.

Last edited:
The pink dress Mary wore to Fred's 40th birthday was beautiful, it shimmered nicely & not too much. The lace/fabric suited Mary, very soft when she walked. The mint coat over it was eye-catching, IMO the coat style didnt match the dress but still looked good.
I would love to see a picture of the coat off. Does anyone know who designed the dress?

I Loved the shoes! What other color would she have worn... black:-( ? Mary is becoming the best dressed CP, imo. She is just exquisite in her choices both day and evening.

It seems as if the mint overcoat was used because of the rain. She appears to be carrying a pink wrap that matches the dress nicely. They were probably hoping for better weather:flowers:

This pink dress seems very nice, I say seems b/c I can't see the whole dress. Are there better pics of this dress, pleaasee?:blush: But green coat, oh no.:ohmy:

I love both the dress and coat. Very pretty!

The pink dress Mary wore to Fred's 40th birthday was beautiful, it shimmered nicely & not too much. The lace/fabric suited Mary, very soft when she walked. The mint coat over it was eye-catching, IMO the coat style didnt match the dress but still looked good.
I would love to see a picture of the coat off. Does anyone know who designed the dress?

The dress is by a Lithuanian designer:
Juozas Statkevičius
Fabric is similar to 1st dress on Spring/Summer 2007 Pret-a-Porter Collection and the 10th gown in Autumn/Winter 2001/2002 Couture Collection.

Not sure who designed the coat.

This info is according to a Lithuanian from the CPMary Message Board.

Normally I like almost everything she wears. Some stuff even grows on me later. But this is just plain awful. Yuck!!

have you guys seen Crown princess mary's dress at the most recent wedding , It's the most elegant and brilliant dress I've seen in ages .. it's timeless and alive and super elegant , worthy of a priness of her stature .. it's designer by Ole Yde , a phenomenal talent from Denmark , check his website , you'll see what I mean .. YDE - by Ole Yde

I am not digging the green over coat. I would love to see the dress underneath.

have you guys seen Crown princess mary's dress at the most recent wedding , It's the most elegant and brilliant dress I've seen in ages .. it's timeless and alive and super elegant , worthy of a priness of her stature .. it's designer by Ole Yde , a phenomenal talent from Denmark , check his website , you'll see what I mean .. YDE - by Ole Yde

Thanks for the link, I really like some of his designs esp. the white (cotton?) shirt with the highwaist black (taffeta?) full skirt. I'd wear that if I were Mary.

can't blame her for the green coat, at least it protected what appears to be a lovely dress from the rain. And it looks a lot better that the yellow Margrethe wore over her fuchsia!:eek:

Cat

Loved the mint green evening coat but I wouls have liked something different underneath. Perhaps a fuller view of the pink dress will show it be a good choice. In any case, Mary won so many points with her dress, earrings, etc at the wedding, she's at the head of the fashion game.

Loved the mint green evening coat but I wouls have liked something different underneath. Perhaps a fuller view of the pink dress will show it be a good choice. .

Currier,
Join the club, step in line,etc. Just about all of us are dying to get a fuller view of that dress.:)

I love both the coat and the dress!

I love both the dress and coat, usually i hate when two very different colors are put together , but this is an exception...beautiful.

Over at Hello, there is a bigger picture of the dress and up close too. Dazzling has actually provided a link at the top of this page. Thank you Dazzling!!

Absolutely gorgeous look. The combination of contrasting colors and very different fabrics is bold and works amazingly well.
Lately, CP Mary is the only one who succeeds in going for a combination that's not easy to achieve: Looking regally elegant but still fresh and young, plus adding her individual touch on top of it. I agree that she's on her way to becoming the most stylish Royal lady out there.

The dress is by a Lithuanian designer:
Juozas Statkevičius
Fabric is similar to 1st dress on Spring/Summer 2007 Pret-a-Porter Collection and the 10th gown in Autumn/Winter 2001/2002 Couture Collection.

Not sure who designed the coat.

This info is according to a Lithuanian from the CPMary Message Board.

Thanks. Ive never heard of him. He has some lovely pieces, maybe we see more of her in them. I could imagine the sleeves to be cap sleeves.

Does anyone know what designer is Mary's dress from Joachim wedding is by?
I totally loved that dress!!! I don't know if this is the thread to ask this question, sorry if it isn't...
Maybe there should be a thread to discuss only Mary's fashion
Cheersssss!!!

Does anyone know what designer is Mary's dress from Joachim wedding is by?
I totally loved that dress!!! I don't know if this is the thread to ask this question, sorry if it isn't...
Maybe there should be a thread to discuss only Mary's fashion
Cheersssss!!!

This designer: YDE - by Ole Yde

i never listen about him, but i can not see the dress in the site

i never listen about him, but i can not see the dress in the site

The dress isn't on the site because it's probably tailor-made for Princess Mary. But during the DR1 live broadcast of the CP couple's arrival to Joachim and Marie's wedding, this is what was mentioned as they were walking on the red carpet to get to the church.

-Ayvee

I have loved everything Mary worethis whole weekend. I adored the colour combinations of pink and mint the whole effect was dreamy. The blue at the wedding also allowed the bride to be the centre of attention it was a sensation without being loud just divine.

Lately, CP Mary is the only one who succeeds in going for a combination that's not easy to achieve: Looking regally elegant but still fresh and young, plus adding her individual touch on top of it.

I agree. That gorgeous blue dress was one of her best ever. It seemed fitted perfectly to her, and the skirt made me somehow think of water as she glided along the red carpet with the blue layers rippling around her. I thought the back of the dress was even more impressive and wish I could see that again. :cool:

With exactly enough silvery jewelry to complement the icy blue of the dress without overpowering it, the dress was perfect for an informal wedding and allowed her to look young and, as Boris put it, "fresh"!

Last edited:
I agree. That gorgeous blue dress was one of her best ever. It seemed fitted perfectly to her, and the skirt made me somehow think of water as she glided along the red carpet with the blue layers rippling around her. I thought the back of the dress was even more impressive and wish I could see that again. :cool:

With exactly enough silvery jewelry to complement the icy blue of the dress without overpowering it, the dress was perfect for an informal wedding and allowed her to look young and, as Boris put it, "fresh"!

I quite agree - the dress was a wonderful mix of royalty, freshness and 'Mary'
I haven't seen it from the back though, only from the side

I have loved everything Mary worethis whole weekend. I adored the colour combinations of pink and mint the whole effect was dreamy. The blue at the wedding also allowed the bride to be the centre of attention it was a sensation without being loud just divine.

I agree. The dress for the wedding was so elegant, loved the gray dress for Frederick's 40th Bday, and the pink dress with green evening coat was wonderful. I was so excited about the pink dress I didn't even notice the shoes! LOVE the pink shoes.

I hope we dont have to wait too long to see the pink dress again, and to ask even more, that we can see it without any jacket or wrap. It intrigues me.

I hope we dont have to wait too long to see the pink dress again, and to ask even more, that we can see it without any jacket or wrap. It intrigues me.
As much as I would love to see that gown in full too, I doubt we will, which is such a shame:sad: and i know not many people agree with me, but i really do love it with the green coat.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom