Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 2: May 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful dress. Mary looks great. I'm not sure about hair but she looks great.

Wow, IMO the royal couple put the movie stars to shame. flashy but classy dress, i like the fancy hair but the bangs kinda hangy in the front would bug me in my eyes all night. in one of the videos they are whispering to each other and it's like they're the only people in their own world... thanks for all the links

The dress looks absolutely stunning and i agree with you marmi, the different hairstyle makes an incredible difference. Mary's skin looks amazing, very clear. She really is shining on this night. Radiant.

Great dress, but the hair is too distracting. Also, she should have gone with simple earrings (although they are incredible earrings!) with the hairstyle she chose. It's all a little too messy, IMO.

does anyone have a good picture of the back of this dress ? film award one. i saw small pic on billed bladet but am intrigue to get a better view. thanks.

I do not like the back of the dress. Never have. I'm trying to find a picture of it onlie from the earlier event, as I dont have my pics on me...

EDIT: Still havent found a picture of the back of the dress, but havnt given up.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=186184&postcount=46 - Mary wore the dress earlier at the opening of the Copenhagen Opera House, as seen in this post.

Does anyone have anymore pictures of this outfit? It is obivously an old one as the countess is the LIW, but I dont know any more...

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the back of the dress, but now that I am able to see the details up close, I like it even more. I especially like the details of the skirt. The dress is gorgeous.

i don't know the designer but she also wore it for a private party in sweden (?) where she was pictured with princess victoria and carina axelson.

she has worn this jacket on numerous occssions before (i think the first time was New York Jan 2005)

I don´t like the jacket.
Black usually suits her, but in those pics she looks too pale -perhaps it´s because her make up:ermm:
But she doesn´t look bad to me.

The whole ensemble had a very goth look to it. And it didn't help the flash of the cameras made her already pale skin look ghostly. I have to say I don't like this outfit.

I was disappointed in this outfit. The entire look is too dark, and the details on the edge of the jacket look strange in the photographs. I didn't care for the turtleneck underneath the jacket. I thought that it looked better when she wore it in New York in 2005.

I'm suprised people think this is goth. It isn't goth style. Yes, she does look pale but it has more to do with the camera lights than her skin or makeup I think. I think this is the best this jacket has looked. But it is not my favorite.

All black (or dark) outfits are not a favorite of mine. She is way too fair skinned to be wearing such dark colors near her face. The fit of this jacket is wonderful, I would love to see it in a different color on Mary. And just a side note, I've heard that wearing black near your face after a certain age makes you look older (I still do occasionally but not as often as I did when I was younger, don't need any help looking older that's for sure!).

I don't mind her in black. The gown that she wore last week with Frederik to the film awards was really pretty. She has worn some other things in black that have been pretty. I think that when she wears a lot of black (i.e. the outfit for Prince Charles' 60th birthday), it tends to overwhelm her, and make her look really pale. Perhaps this jacket would have worked if she hadn't worn the black turtleneck underneath. It washed her out. I have also heard that wearing a lot of black makes you look older. I think that this is due to the fact that one's skin stands out much more, and it makes any aging more visible, but I don't think that she looks older, just more fair.

the jacket is Prada and I think she looks nice in it. I like the fact Mary keeps her clothes and brings them back.

Well the lighting was unfortunate, and looking back, it seems that this jacket is (by Mary) only ever worn with black, but all in all, I think its ok. I would (& I've made similar statements before) like to see her try this jacket with another colour, maybe cream as I think that it would look totally different.

I like the fact Mary keeps her clothes and brings them back.
So do I! ;)

I'm sorry marmi but this jacket with cream would be hideous!!!! I am not a huge fan of the jacket but if it is to be worn then it has to be with black. I think wearing it with the black turtleneck was a bit too much, however it might have been quite cold and CP Mary wanted to be warm!

I'm sorry marmi but this jacket with cream would be hideous!!!!
No need to apologise, you are perfectly entitled to your own opinion. I was just getting at the fact that Mary has only ever (publicly) worn it with black, and I'd like to see another colour with it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom