The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

In ebay you can find some Mathew dresses and clothes at a lower price!

Old 06-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Princess Mary wearing a very elegant and beautiful black dress today:

Black Dress

Old 06-06-2008, 04:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane View Post
What difference does it makes how many children she has? What difference does it make how old she is? She is a modern, attractive women setting amazing examples for women everywhere, and she looks phenomenal. Nothing is on show except her legs and with those pins why shouldn't she show them off? She gets ticks all around, i say, but i respect your opinion.
I would like to know though, what your opinion is of her casual outfit to get icecream? That was a pair of real short shorts. And she had her son with her. Was this tacky too? Should CP Mary have been wearing long pants on that hot hot denmark day??
Why does having her son with her have to be tacky?? I don't mind what she wears inside her house and in her garden, but the moment she steps on the street she is the future queen of Denmark, so she should be dressed accordingly. So no shorts, but a nice denim skirt or a pair of jeans. She isn't an Aussie beachgirl anymore.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Why does having her son with her have to be tacky?? I don't mind what she wears inside her house and in her garden, but the moment she steps on the street she is the future queen of Denmark, so she should be dressed accordingly. So no shorts, but a nice denim skirt or a pair of jeans. She isn't an Aussie beachgirl anymore.
So because she stepped outside the gates of Fredensborg castle to buy icecream for herself and her son (and the icecream stand is actually right outside the gates of Fredensborg) she destroyed your impression of her as a clothes obsessed person which you have previously complained about . She just cannot do anything right by you, can she?
Old 06-06-2008, 07:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I wonder if you are constantly chosing to disagree with me because i am an Aussie?Or do you need to continue to find something wrong with CP Mary? And jeans???? Wasn't it one of the hottest Denmark days? Good lord, she would have keeled over. And if this is what CP Mary was wearing when they all decide to go get ice cream, are you suggeting that she should have changed??
Old 06-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Princess Mary wearing a very elegant and beautiful black dress today:

Black Dress
This dress is gorgeous. Didn't she wear this on the New York trip recently?
Old 06-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
This dress is gorgeous. Didn't she wear this on the New York trip recently?
yes, it took it in new York

Old 06-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
So because she stepped outside the gates of Fredensborg castle to buy icecream for herself and her son (and the icecream stand is actually right outside the gates of Fredensborg) she destroyed your impression of her as a clothes obsessed person which you have previously complained about . She just cannot do anything right by you, can she?
Oh yes, she does a lot of things right by me, don't get me wrong. It's just that if you are a royal, you are a royal 24/7, so noblesse oblige!! No shorts and anklettes in public please.

Quote:
I wonder if you are constantly chosing to disagree with me because i am an Aussie?Or do you need to continue to find something wrong with CP Mary? And jeans???? Wasn't it one of the hottest Denmark days? Good lord, she would have keeled over. And if this is what CP Mary was wearing when they all decide to go get ice cream, are you suggeting that she should have changed??
You being an Aussie has nothing to do with. And as far as the temperature in Denmark is considered: it hardly ever gets over 25 c Celsius, so I don't think she would have keeled over in a skirt!!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well I also think that is a bit excess to wear shorts this time of the year, 25 degress is not so mucht!!!!! And yes maybe a long dress like Amber would have been more appropriate but then we can say that Royals are not has they used to be and things have really changed!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really agree and am happy that I am not as old fashioned as my children tell me. I am Australian too but did fee lMary should have done better in the shorts icecream thing this is important stuff being the next Queen of Deanmark and it is really unfortunate and goes with the situation she has bought into and great care must be taken look I love her but it always bothers me when things like this happen royalty is not ordinary in any way and yes it has to change and evolve but with greater care a dress would have been a better choice. IMO
Old 06-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Somehow I don't think the shorts-discussions belong into and evening-wear thread. At least I do not see any connection between eveningwear and shorts.
And apart from that I don't think Royals have look "royal" 24 hours 7 days a week. I do not see anything wrong with wearing shorts when it's hot outside. We are not living in a Disney or Sissi World where Princesses run around with ballgowns day and night.
Mary, Máxima, Letizia or Mette-Marit: We have seen all of them wearing shorts in their freetime..
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane
this dress is gorgeous. Didn't she wear this on the New York trip recently?
Yes, she did. The dress is by Hugo Boss.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Royal Highness

I agree Her Majesty. And seing royals completely informal probably carries a lot of charm with many Danes - and who are the Danish royals to please - but the Danes?
Much as many of us love to see the royals all regal and dressed up, I think a lot of people like to see royals look 'ordinary' when doing ordinary things, like taking your kid to get an ice cream on a hot summer's day
Old 06-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Courtier

Many of the dresses today are short like that. There isn't a lot down to the knee. I went shopping yesterday and all the skirts and dresses for women were mid thigh length! Now I'm just a bit younger than Mary. I don't like to wear shorter dresses. As long as it doesn't look too bad, I'm okay with it. I think the dress was beautiful on her. A little bit different from what she normally wears. Fantastic color for her. I say as long as she isn't flashing the world, she's fine. She looked contemporary, and classy imo. However, if she was getting out of the car a la Britney Spears, then I would have a problem! But she's too smart for that.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Courtier

I also think Mette Marit wears a lot of designer clothes. But she does not due them justice (my opinion) like Mary. Mette Marit does not dress for her figure and often looks frumpy for her age. She is very beautiful, but doesn't take full advantage. I wouldn't call Mary a "fashion" princess. Her clothes are current but not strictly for the fashion crowd. Sometimes, I feel that the Dutch royals dress too over the top fashion, Mary is not like that. All the CP has beautiful moments. IMO, mary is the one who is best and I like. But as far as her participating only in fashion, it is only one of her patronages. It is also one of the largest industries in Denmark. She reuses a lot of her clothes as well. But her patronages are long and varied. She also has some international ones too. She also started her own foundation. She earns her keep.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
And as far as the temperature in Denmark is considered: it hardly ever gets over 25 c Celsius, so I don't think she would have keeled over in a skirt!!
Actually the temperatures in Denmark has been between 27 - 30 c Celsius for the last week. It is unnormal for this early in the summertime - but what Mary did - when dressed in shorts - is very very very normal. She simply did what the rest of the population in Denmark did. Enjoyed the sun.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

Mary was dressed appropriately to go out with her kid for an ice cream. I have to dress up for work, but when my kid wants an ice cream we go to the ice cream parlor wearing shorts.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Actually the temperatures in Denmark has been between 27 - 30 c Celsius for the last week. It is unnormal for this early in the summertime - but what Mary did - when dressed in shorts - is very very very normal. She simply did what the rest of the population in Denmark did. Enjoyed the sun.
But Mary is not like every other Dane. She is a Royal, not some celeb. Maybe it's better if we start another topic about this.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

So, Mary should wear designer pieces in her freetime aswell?
Everyone would scream : "Stop waisting so much money" and call her a "Luxury Princess" then.
As you see: No matter what Mary does, to some poeple she always does it wrong.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But Mary is not like every other Dane. She is a Royal, not some celeb. Maybe it's better if we start another topic about this.

Not in the fashion forum.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
So, Mary should wear designer pieces in her freetime aswell?
Everyone would scream : "Stop waisting so much money" and call her a "Luxury Princess" then.
As you see: No matter what Mary does, to some poeple she always does it wrong.
No, she absolutely doesn't have to wear designer clothes in her freetime, but Mary no shorts in public please, you're a Royal!! (but do wear them in your house, garden, on holiday). I hope you do get my point now.