Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 2: May 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it. It seems Mary is really into ruffles these days! She has been looking wonderful!

350th anniversary of royal guards:

A pink dress, a repeat I believe. It looks nice but I am not overexcited.
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

A flamenco type of skirt which I really like, looks very nice on Mary as she's tall enough to pull off such an outfit.

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Personally, I think that shade of pink of the tivoli-dress might be too pale for Mary. With her skin (alabaster, as Donnatella Moss would say :whistling:) I think she fades out a bit. She looks smashing in something like the gorgeous deep purple she was wearing the day after the concert in Tivoli, the lovely ruby red gown, etc.

I rather like the top of the Bella Center dress - she looks excellent in black, and the cut is really flattering to her. I'm not sure about the bottom, but it is certainly more interesting than just plain black. :ermm:

I don't like the dress, it's a little bit tacky.

I know that she has worn the pink dress with the white fluffy cardi before to a christening. I really really like the black gown, something different but not to over the top. She looks beautifully groomed as always. I am really impressed.

I rather like the top of the Bella Center dress - she looks excellent in black, and the cut is really flattering to her. I'm not sure about the bottom, but it is certainly more interesting than just plain black. :ermm:

With regards to what I left of your quote above, I think you've summed up how I feel quite nicely. I raised an eyebrow when I first saw the outfit, but its growing on me

350th anniversary of royal guards:

A flamenco type of skirt which I really like, looks very nice on Mary as she's tall enough to pull off such an outfit.

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Im not too sure about this. I like all the layers in the skirt and flows very nice & is very flattering on her but the print is old & boring to me but I do prefer it than it being plain. I like the top part very much, looks elegent

The top of this dress is a stunning cut for CP Mary and the skirt is so pretty and feminine. I love it the more i see it!

This black dress is a nice look for her. Classic, clean, and unfussy is a good combination for her. Sometimes she just loves over-accessorizing but she's found a good balance with this outfit. The earrings add a bit of sparkle and the peep-toe pumps jazz up her outfit more than plain black pumps would.

This dress looks quite a bit like the navyblue dress her sister in law wore on her visit to the French Embassy.

I'm not really a big fan of that black dress she wore to the gala dinner in Melbourne.. It's too simple..

I'm not really a big fan of that black dress she wore to the gala dinner in Melbourne.. It's too simple..

I think the black dress is very simple. It might have looked nicer if she did something different with her hair or jewellry (although, I do love her hairstyle; it just looks too simple with that dress).

I dont think the black dress is simple, its quite elegent. Its also a recycles dress, worn first at a concert/dinner in Denmark.

I dont think the black dress is simple, its quite elegent. Its also a recycles dress, worn first at a concert/dinner in Denmark.

Yes she did, and I'm glad we have some better pictures of it this time! :)

I think the black dress is very simple. It might have looked nicer if she did something different with her hair or jewellry (although, I do love her hairstyle; it just looks too simple with that dress).

Whilst I agree that it is elegant as it is, I think that it would also be suited to some well-chosen jewellery; which would mean that she can recycle the dress with it being just that little bit different.

I have haven't checked to see if I am right, but didn't she wear a part of the parure with it last time???

:previous: Correct marmi, she wore the brooch and bracelet of the Ruby Parure with the black dress last October

This black dress is quite sophisticated and very elegant. I like Mary hairdo, I wish could see close up of it from the back.

Thanks JessRulz!

Sometimes I do wish that all the princesses had access to far more extensive jewel collections. Then there would be many many different possibilities, especially with a dress like this...
Not very realistic I know, but I enjoy the thought...

I do so agree with you, Marmi. Mary doesn't seem to have access to many jewels at all. Other than her ruby parure and her wedding tiara, she seems to have very little to choose from. A shame really....

I agree. Imo she is in dire need for another tiara, a decent diamond or pearl one. She only has that "spiky" thing QM bought her and that overserious ruby parure "thing". Some decent necklaces wouldn't hurt either.

Or perhaps something with aquamarines? Would go lovely with her pearl choker and aquamarine earrings. And she has a couple of lovely aquamarine and diamond rings, also.

Personally, I'd love to see her in a saphire suite or parure.

Re: Dress worn in Melbourne

Hiya Everyone,

Does any one know who designed her black dress that she wore to the charity dinner in Melbourne?

Also, has anyone seen it online for sale?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps, she shall wear a dress with more colour on Wednesday night at the Victor Chang gala with perhaps a new necklace.

She looked great at the event.

Having seen today's gorgeous new outfit, I hope Mary wears a new dress tonight!

Mary's dress at the Victor Chang Gala, a repeat from the Beijing Ballet Gala event. For me it's another perfect gala appearance from Mary, as I said before, she's one of those who can pull off the "regal look" (sorry Fred but that's something you can only dream about, he's more the type Bob the Builder, forced into a suit).
Image Results

she looks really well - i like that dress on her (i dont know why i prefer it now to when she wore it in china it must have grown on me)

Me too PrincessofEurope. The hair style was nice (elegant but not too intricate) and it complemented the dress and I think it complemented the dress more/better.

Crown Princess Mary looked absolutely glamorous in an understated way. The silver or platinum cold colour became her well. The cut of the dress favourably enhanced Crown Princess Mary's figure. By the way, I was not keen on this dress earlier.

I think that she wore similar dress not this. Mary looks much much better than event before in black dress.

I love the dress. The more I see the grey polka dot dress the more I like it. I see something new each time. It is really beautiful but not overwhelming the wearer.

I love the dress. The more I see the grey polka dot dress the more I like it. I see something new each time. It is really beautiful but not overwhelming the wearer.

I do like it more this time than the last, but I dont really want to see it again in the next little while. Twice within about a month is enough for me ;)

:previous: That's a very thin line to expect Mary to walk. Wear it too often and we, her adoring public, get bored. Buy new eveningwear and have the piranna pack of anti-royalists whinge about conspicuous consumption and her spendthrift ways. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom