Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 2: May 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I don't think the shorts-discussions belong into and evening-wear thread. At least I do not see any connection between eveningwear and shorts.
And apart from that I don't think Royals have look "royal" 24 hours 7 days a week. I do not see anything wrong with wearing shorts when it's hot outside. We are not living in a Disney or Sissi World where Princesses run around with ballgowns day and night.
Mary, Máxima, Letizia or Mette-Marit: We have seen all of them wearing shorts in their freetime..
missjane said:
this dress is gorgeous. Didn't she wear this on the New York trip recently?
Yes, she did. The dress is by Hugo Boss. :flowers:

Last edited:
I agree Her Majesty. And seing royals completely informal probably carries a lot of charm with many Danes - and who are the Danish royals to please - but the Danes? ;)
Much as many of us love to see the royals all regal and dressed up, I think a lot of people like to see royals look 'ordinary' when doing ordinary things, like taking your kid to get an ice cream on a hot summer's day :flowers:

Many of the dresses today are short like that. There isn't a lot down to the knee. I went shopping yesterday and all the skirts and dresses for women were mid thigh length! Now I'm just a bit younger than Mary. I don't like to wear shorter dresses. As long as it doesn't look too bad, I'm okay with it. I think the dress was beautiful on her. A little bit different from what she normally wears. Fantastic color for her. I say as long as she isn't flashing the world, she's fine. She looked contemporary, and classy imo. However, if she was getting out of the car a la Britney Spears, then I would have a problem! But she's too smart for that.

I also think Mette Marit wears a lot of designer clothes. But she does not due them justice (my opinion) like Mary. Mette Marit does not dress for her figure and often looks frumpy for her age. She is very beautiful, but doesn't take full advantage. I wouldn't call Mary a "fashion" princess. Her clothes are current but not strictly for the fashion crowd. Sometimes, I feel that the Dutch royals dress too over the top fashion, Mary is not like that. All the CP has beautiful moments. IMO, mary is the one who is best and I like. But as far as her participating only in fashion, it is only one of her patronages. It is also one of the largest industries in Denmark. She reuses a lot of her clothes as well. But her patronages are long and varied. She also has some international ones too. She also started her own foundation. She earns her keep.

And as far as the temperature in Denmark is considered: it hardly ever gets over 25 c Celsius, so I don't think she would have keeled over in a skirt!!

Actually the temperatures in Denmark has been between 27 - 30 c Celsius for the last week. It is unnormal for this early in the summertime - but what Mary did - when dressed in shorts - is very very very normal. She simply did what the rest of the population in Denmark did. Enjoyed the sun:flowers:.

Mary was dressed appropriately to go out with her kid for an ice cream. I have to dress up for work, but when my kid wants an ice cream we go to the ice cream parlor wearing shorts.

Actually the temperatures in Denmark has been between 27 - 30 c Celsius for the last week. It is unnormal for this early in the summertime - but what Mary did - when dressed in shorts - is very very very normal. She simply did what the rest of the population in Denmark did. Enjoyed the sun:flowers:.

But Mary is not like every other Dane. She is a Royal, not some celeb. Maybe it's better if we start another topic about this.

So, Mary should wear designer pieces in her freetime aswell?
Everyone would scream : "Stop waisting so much money" and call her a "Luxury Princess" then.
As you see: No matter what Mary does, to some poeple she always does it wrong.

So, Mary should wear designer pieces in her freetime aswell?
Everyone would scream : "Stop waisting so much money" and call her a "Luxury Princess" then.
As you see: No matter what Mary does, to some poeple she always does it wrong.

No, she absolutely doesn't have to wear designer clothes in her freetime, but Mary no shorts in public please, you're a Royal!! (but do wear them in your house, garden, on holiday). I hope you do get my point now.

No, she absolutely doesn't have to wear designer clothes in her freetime, but Mary no shorts in public please, you're a Royal!! (but do wear them in your house, garden, on holiday). I hope you do get my point now.
I would love to see this point put to bed.:rolleyes:

I would love to see this point put to bed.:rolleyes:
Personally I would like to bury it, preferably under some really tightly wound cabbages and liberally covered by the fertiliser so abundantly shared. :whistling:

Mary's wonderful evening wear . . . . more please. Discussion, photo's and opinions. :cool:

The new photo heading on Royals web-log.nl shows Mary in her wedding tiara and a portion of a white evening dress. Anyone know at what event this was taken. I'd love to see what she was wearing.

The new photo heading on Royals web-log.nl shows Mary in her wedding tiara and a portion of a white evening dress. Anyone know at what event this was taken. I'd love to see what she was wearing.

I like that picture too. :wub:

The white part is the wedding veil of the other lady. In this particular event, Princess Mary is wearing her silver/pale blue brocade gown which she first wore during a pre-wedding gala with the ruby parure. The picture with her wedding tiara was taken at this event:
Danish Royal Watchers: The Danish Royal Family at Christiansborg gala

-Ayvee

Thank you, Ayvee, I hadn't seen those pix before. Lovely.

After reading the whole thread, I just want to add:

Green raincoat/pink dress: Mary had a folded up pashmina in her hand - I think that she had planned to wear that over her shoulders - it started raining and she grabbed the raincoat and wore it to protect the dress. I imagine that once she was on the yacht, she put the pashmina over her shoulders. I loved the raincoat and dress.
The short-shorts brouhaha: She should have thrown on a pair of Bermuda shorts (longer shorts) or as I recall the short shorts were rolled up and held by a buttoned clasp. She should have undone the button, rolled down the shorts and rerolled tham once she was back home.

Mary at concert

Hi!

Sorry for going back a bit in time to thread 1, hope it´s ok.

Tried to access these pictures posted by Sofajr, but they don´t seem to work anymore.

The thing is I happened to buy the same dress a few days before Mary wore it. :) I'm going to wear it for my brother's wedding, and I would love to see how Mary accessorized. Does anyone know where I can find pictures from this event on May 19? I believe it was a Bulgarian concert at the Glyptotek.

CP Mary on Concert.
very regal silver dress with little jacket. unfortunately there is no good picture of her shoes. :rolleyes:
Imagine
Imagine
Imagine

Hi!

Sorry for going back a bit in time to thread 1, hope it´s ok.

Tried to access these pictures posted by Sofajr, but they don´t seem to work anymore.

The thing is I happened to buy the same dress a few days before Mary wore it. :) I'm going to wear it for my brother's wedding, and I would love to see how Mary accessorized. Does anyone know where I can find pictures from this event on May 19? I believe it was a Bulgarian concert at the Glyptotek.

This post in the current events thread for the couple has some more pictures from the concert, but they are not of a great quality, sorry

The thing is I happened to buy the same dress a few days before Mary wore it. :)

Hello. Can you tell us who the designer is of the dress? I've been wondering who it is. Thanks for the help.

-ayvee

Stunning dress. It fits her so well and the colour is gorgeous. Love that the shoes match perfectly. She is so regal and composed. The hairstyle is a great match for this dress too.

all dresses she wears look awesome on her, she has the best fit body ever, lucky her:rolleyes:

I don't mean to bring back the subject, but where can I find the picture of Mary wearing short shorts?

I don't know... right now I'm on the fence about this gown:ermm:. However, I will probably grow to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom