The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can say it is not my favourite but I also imagine that fabric would look amazing "in the flesh" the colour would be so rich. Heavens what is thething in her hair?

Old 01-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Another picture of Mary's recycled dress/coat today:
http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/unca.../5_januari.jpg

Shoes
http://i40.tinypic.com/258nx2c.jpg

All of Mary's New Year Gala dresses
royals.web-log.nl: Overzicht Prinses Mary bij Nieuwjaarsdiners

source: Royals

Old 01-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Nobility

The overcoat is okay. It's the headband that I dislike. It looks like those things you can get at the local Forever 21.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Royal Highness

It's the first time I see this coat and I admit I don't like it.Actually,I can't even believe it was her choice.But in the collection that Her Majesty posted above Mary is glowing.She's a true Princess
Old 01-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/tro...aarsrecep.html
this was never one of my favourite dresses on Mary - i would however like the see what the brown dress underneath looks like without the curtain fabric coat

That was a lovely collection of all her new years dresses - thanks Her_Majesty for posting it
- my favourites are the red velvet pregancy dress and the purple coat dress
- i adore the purple velvet cape/coat worn to last year
- i would like to see her recycle the silver dress and matching bolero from last year recpetion and also the blue satin gown worn in 2006

It is also intesting to note how far Mary has come since her first new years in 2006 - she tended back then to over accessorise by wearing the entire rubu paraue which was a bit overwhelming but in the last few years she has grown into her role as a future Queen

Old 01-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Royal Highness

Seems I am the only one who likes today's court dress (or coat). I think the fabric is eminently suited for this type of dress (female uniform)
Old 01-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

UserDane,we can all share our thoughts with absolutely no fear
About Mary's appearance with the purple velvet coat that PrincessofEurope mentioned aboveDon't you get the impression that she just came out from a fairy-tale?Like Disney's Belle or Cinderella,for example.This was the photo that made me say she looks like a true Princess
Old 01-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

You are absolutely right iakynthi - she does
That dress must have been for one of the evening courts (tiara events) whereas today's court for the diplomatic corpse (day event) is with QMII and Mary in the more uniform-like dresses. Next year we will perhaps see the beautiful blue/purple coat again and in two years' time the grey ensemble Mary wore last year for the first time.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Aristocracy

Count me as another fan of this outfit. I think it is unusual, yet a classic cut. I hope that we see the dress one of these days as I bet it is a stunner too.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

At first I didn't think I liked it, but I have changed my mind. The fabric has a lovely sheen to it and as I stated before I like PMary in warm colors. Her skin looks good in them IMO.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Royal Highness

I noticed the fabric and it shines too much.Not to say that-generally-this coat doesn't seem new to me.It looks as if it stayed in a closet for decades.That's why I said before that I doubt if that was her own choice.Mary has much better taste,I never expected that.I hope you all know what I mean.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Courtier

I like the coat, it is not a favourite but i agree that it complements her colouring and her tallness. And going out on a limb, the headband(?) is a nice change. She is trying something different and taking a risk. I really like it. What i do not like are the white gloves. What is going on there????
Old 01-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nope, not one of my favorites and like many, I have to wonder what in the world is in her hair. I think that the coat is unique but would have liked it better on the Queen.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

anyone knows who made the silver dress that she already use too in , before her wedding, i love it? and this coat who design it? , wish i could see the dress underneeth!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The gown is by Danish designer Malene Birger, as was reported by Billed Bladet.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Royal Highness

Well it certainly is an interesting choice! It certainly isn't one I've seen before. I like the headband - it "suggests" a tiara but blends with her hair. But as for the ensemble, I think I prefer last year's.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane View Post
What i do not like are the white gloves. What is going on there????
Etiquette is what is going on here The royal ladies wear gloves at this particular event - that's just how it is. And they take off the right hand glove when they shake hands and hold the right hand glove in the left hand.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's time to close this thread, as its reached 20 pages. Thanks to everyone for participating.
Please continue the discussion, Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear: Part Three here. See you there.