The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
i wonder if she use some kind of corsett to modelate her figure undernith, she looks stunning, i love the dress!
Mary is a keen exerciser. Dedication to one's health is I think the answer to a svelte figure. Certainly in HRH's case.

Maintaining her figure is evidently something Mary prides herself on, and good on her.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Royal Highness

I must say, my favorite part of her look is her fur jacket!

Old 01-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I like her dress.She looks very stunning! I really like her fashion!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Mary is a keen exerciser. Dedication to one's health is I think the answer to a svelte figure. Certainly in HRH's case.

Maintaining her figure is evidently something Mary prides herself on, and good on her.
you can be very thin but some times even if you have a great figure corsetts make the dress to fit better and doesn't matter that you are thin, show yourshape better, for this i was thinking if she has one.
i love the dress is the same one that she use before her wedding?
Old 01-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Royal Highness

It's true,she looked amazing in that silver gown!!
I also loved the fur jacket she wore.When it's short like hers,we call it "bolero",borrowed from French.Can we use the same word in English?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
i love the dress is the same one that she use before her wedding?
Yes, it is the same gown worn at the gala the night before the wedding.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Aristocracy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
It's true,she looked amazing in that silver gown!!
I also loved the fur jacket she wore.When it's short like hers,we call it "bolero",borrowed from French.Can we use the same word in English?
It's the same in Danish at least. We call it a bolero as well. :-D
Old 01-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Royal Highness

I'm glad that Danish members know this word
I wish I could see CP Mary wearing boleros more often.She was perfect the other day
Old 01-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Aristocracy

Yeah, Boleros are great. :-D
Old 01-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Courtier

Mary has worn this dress twice before. I think it is nice for her. She looks good in it. Also, since we have seen it before it lets Marie shine.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Courtier

you are right fashionista100,at least it let's Marie shine.
Mary's dress is so nice,I am happy to see her reclycling it again.
It's good that she is still able to wear it after 2 pregnancies.She is thin but she seems heathlty .I hope we can see this type de ladies in magazine instead of skinny creatures.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Courtier

mary looked stunning. love the dress. it looks great with the ruby parure
Old 01-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, this gown still looks amazing on Mary. The bolero looks great too (nice to see it again).
But I had hoped to see a new gown...
Old 01-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Serene Highness

Mary's dress was just gorgeous and stunning. I am not sure if it is white or silver, I even thought it was silver-white, but since everyone writes it is silver, I am OK with calling it just silver too.
I missed Mary wearing this dress before, so I am amazed. Beautiful (white?) bolero, hopefully fur, since I love furs. CP Mary looks beautiful.
I never liked that ruby tiara she is wearing, but it is not Mary's fault.
It is her "duty" to wear royal jewelery and ruby goes perfectly with her outfit.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 01-05-2009, 01:58 AM
Royal Highness

What I find to be sheer genius is that the fur bolero tones down what would be the busy-ness of the brocade fabric of the dress, the chain/collar of the Order, and the ruby necklace. It would be too much going on, but the fur wrap covers most of it up. You only see a little of the necklace and Order, enough to know it's there.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:19 AM
Majesty

that is also one of my favourite gowns of mary ever. certainly my favourite of her engagement period - the red one she wore for the theatre evening doesn't quite match at the very least the beauty and elegance of this one! it looks plain gorgeous, feminine and discreet. a lovely choice to recycle.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-05-2009, 03:21 AM
Commoner

I think that the fur bolero with silver dress and a tiara is too much. I wonder If Peta likes the fantastic bolero the same way as you do. Poor animals had to die because Mary from Australia wanted to wear fur, tiara, and "husband". Mary tries to look like Posh Spice from her best years! Mary is not natural! She is done like a plastic doll! I don't like her fake smiles. She should find her own unique style and stop to pretend to be someone else. I know that you will be extremely angry or whatever but I don't care.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Unfortunately, and once again, many posts have been deleted due to several members who cannot post without insulting one another as well as posting off topic remarks.

If members continue to post inane rhetoric over and over again this topic will be closed permanently.

Thanks.

GT
RHofF Mod
Old 01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Courtier

I really love this dress. Mary looked so beautiful in it back in 2004 when she wore it for the first time and looks even more beautiful in it now. Even the tiara has never look better on her. I guess it just a result of being more comfortable in her role as CP. I have to say I generally wouldn’t even entertain the idea of wear fur myself but I think if presented with the chance to wear something like Mary’s bolero I might find it hard to say no.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Copenhagen 5 January 2009: Mary attending the Dinner for the Diplomatics corps

Recycling the same coat she wore in 2006

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/11732095.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/11732101.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/11732093.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/11732092.jpg

I didn't like it in 2006... and I still don't like it.

Closed Thread