The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The jacket looks better in that picture, I think the flash from the cameras in the other pics really emphasized her pale skin. I'm not a fan of that material (satin?) in general though.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Nobility

The whole ensemble had a very goth look to it. And it didn't help the flash of the cameras made her already pale skin look ghostly. I have to say I don't like this outfit.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I was disappointed in this outfit. The entire look is too dark, and the details on the edge of the jacket look strange in the photographs. I didn't care for the turtleneck underneath the jacket. I thought that it looked better when she wore it in New York in 2005.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Courtier

I'm suprised people think this is goth. It isn't goth style. Yes, she does look pale but it has more to do with the camera lights than her skin or makeup I think. I think this is the best this jacket has looked. But it is not my favorite.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

All black (or dark) outfits are not a favorite of mine. She is way too fair skinned to be wearing such dark colors near her face. The fit of this jacket is wonderful, I would love to see it in a different color on Mary. And just a side note, I've heard that wearing black near your face after a certain age makes you look older (I still do occasionally but not as often as I did when I was younger, don't need any help looking older that's for sure!).
Old 12-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't mind her in black. The gown that she wore last week with Frederik to the film awards was really pretty. She has worn some other things in black that have been pretty. I think that when she wears a lot of black (i.e. the outfit for Prince Charles' 60th birthday), it tends to overwhelm her, and make her look really pale. Perhaps this jacket would have worked if she hadn't worn the black turtleneck underneath. It washed her out. I have also heard that wearing a lot of black makes you look older. I think that this is due to the fact that one's skin stands out much more, and it makes any aging more visible, but I don't think that she looks older, just more fair.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Nobility

the jacket is Prada and I think she looks nice in it. I like the fact Mary keeps her clothes and brings them back.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well the lighting was unfortunate, and looking back, it seems that this jacket is (by Mary) only ever worn with black, but all in all, I think its ok. I would (& I've made similar statements before) like to see her try this jacket with another colour, maybe cream as I think that it would look totally different.

Quote:
I like the fact Mary keeps her clothes and brings them back.
So do I!
Old 12-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Courtier

I'm sorry marmi but this jacket with cream would be hideous!!!! I am not a huge fan of the jacket but if it is to be worn then it has to be with black. I think wearing it with the black turtleneck was a bit too much, however it might have been quite cold and CP Mary wanted to be warm!
Old 12-14-2008, 04:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I'm sorry marmi but this jacket with cream would be hideous!!!!
No need to apologise, you are perfectly entitled to your own opinion. I was just getting at the fact that Mary has only ever (publicly) worn it with black, and I'd like to see another colour with it.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Nobility

I like her last outfit very much . It's elegant and I love the combination of the colours with her hair and complexion .
Old 12-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Mary bij premiere

Old 12-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Now that I can see the details of this jacket up close, I like it even less. They look like the type of trinkets pinned on to blouses by kindergarten teachers (no offense to teachers!). It is not an elegant look.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

royals.web-log.nl: Glamourprinsessen > Prinses Mary a look back at the 70th birthday celebrations in Oslo

Old 12-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I love this jacket, the border is so unusual and different. With the roll neck sweater and black pants the outfit looks very elegant.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
royals.web-log.nl: Glamourprinsessen > Prinses Mary a look back at the 70th birthday celebrations in Oslo
This was a beautiful dress. I really loved the whole look. Her hairstyle and earrings were especially beautiful.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

Mary is glowing one more time!!I loved the fur.
She's so unique.Elegant and sweet at the same time!!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettiara View Post
does anyone have a good picture of the back of this dress ? film award one. i saw small pic on billed bladet but am intrigue to get a better view. thanks.

i know this is only small but it gives us some idea of the way the dress is at the back
[img=http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/93/maryshinetj3.th.jpg]
Billed-Bladet - Mary funklede som en verdensstjerne

Old 12-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Mary is glowing one more time!!I loved the fur.
She's so unique.Elegant and sweet at the same time!!

I loved the fur too, the dress is really elegant but I don't think it suited her. She looks mmm, I'm gonna say wide for a lack of a better word
Old 12-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
I loved the fur too, the dress is really elegant but I don't think it suited her. She looks mmm, I'm gonna say wide for a lack of a better word
Maybe because she was pregnant with Isabella back than

Closed Thread