Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 2: May 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very much a 'Lulu' style, the femme fatale character from the Wedekind stage play and later the Louise Brooks silent movie.

You are absolutly right.

Actually - when I first saw the outfit I didn't know whether to like it or not. But as I turn back to look at it again and again I have begun to like it more and more. With your remark above I have made my mind up. I simply adore the outfit - even with the belt which I didn't like the first time I saw it.

She really does look like a femme fatale caracter from the Louise Brooks silent movies. The outfit is extremly elegant and daring.....and she looks incredibly beautiful wearing it.

CP Mary was even wise enough to leave out the one accessory which would have been completely in style with the rest of the outfit, but which would have turned it almost into a 'Lulu' costume: A looong single white row of pearls.

I have just looked at the outfit again imagining her with a long single white row of pearls. Actually I think that could be ok with the outfit - but not in combination with the belt.

I do prefere the belt to a long string of pearls though.

Wow! I simply adore this look! The combination of dress, hairdo and makeup makes her look stunning! Love the curls and the red lips! I think this is the most beautiful I've ever seen Mary (and I've been following her a looong time).

I'm so happy she didn't go for a classic gala dress. Often they are only variations on the same theme, quite predictable. This dress is so cool and edgy!

Well said Empress. When times are tough we all get a vicarious thrill seeing the Royals dressed to knock your socks off! It makes us feel proud and it doesn't bust the bank account.

The only "Economy" I would recommend in these straitened times is a moratorium on the purchase of new jewelry and a concious effort to recycle the "heavy artillary" of historical jewelry.

There is no sense of conspicuous consumption when wearing "history" but there is a great sense of stability and national pride in seeing the royals hold the line.

On a personal note. I don't see the point in whining about new clothes etc. What are our expectations in the real world? Do we want all the female members of the various royal houses stomping around in sackcloth and ashes? Swop Doc Martins for the stillettoes? Now wouldn't we all feel just peachy looking at that. Not to mention the horrendous hit the entire fashion industry would take. And, oh? Did I mention that it is just us plain old working stiffs who make the shoes and sew the dresses.

Unemployment anyone?

I have to laugh about the new clothes. Didn't we have a 6 pages "discussion" on Isabella's shoes having a hole in them. And "how dare she" put her child in that." Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. She recycles very, very often. She also gets gifts and loans. She has a budget and sticks to it.

Honestly, I usually like 98% of the things Mary wears. She has the best style. No one can do it 100% of the time. No one. I love the outfit for Charles' Birthday from the waist up. Fantastic. The waist down? NO thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked this. A little more colour would have been great, but this is an amaxing look.

I have to laugh about the new clothes. Didn't we have a 6 pages "discussion" on Isabella's shoes having a hole in them. And "how dare she" put her child in that." Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. She recycles very, very often. She also gets gifts and loans. She has a budget and sticks to it.

Honestly, I usually like 98% of the things Mary wears. She has the best style. No one can do it 100% of the time. No one. I love the outfit for Charles' Birthday from the waist up. Fantastic. The waist down? NO thanks.
I agree with every word you say!;), what makes me crack up is how some people won't let anyone say something they don't beleive in, and will try to have the last word!

Mary on official visit in Thailand. Dinner 24/11

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Mary looks great but I don't like this dress - it looks ill fitted and I am not overexcited about the batic / washout colour style fringe. Doesn't look too traditional either. For once, Fred looks nice.

Mary looks great but I don't like this dress - it looks ill fitted and I am not overexcited about the batic / washout colour style fringe. Doesn't look too traditional either. For once, Fred looks nice.

I think this is the 3rd time she has worn this dress - it isnt one of my favourites on her

I love it and have from the first I agree though some of the photos make it look poor still can't help wihing I looked that good in it.

I have just looked at the outfit again imagining her with a long single white row of pearls. Actually I think that could be ok with the outfit - but not in combination with the belt.

I do prefere the belt to a long string of pearls though.

Mary chould have borrowed the long string of pearls which Marie Chantal wore - Marie Chantal's ugly outfit would not have missed them!

i loved to see her recycling that dress! the colours are quite lovely.

I really thought Mary looked nice, she put more makeup on which is good IMO. I always think she looks a little 'pasty'.

I've always liked that dress. I'm glad she's taken it out again:flowers:

I don't care for this dress. The top of it is okay, but I am confused about the detail on the skirt. Does it have a long sash that comes from the waist and hangs down? The skirt looks kind of strange to me with the sash detail.

Attending dinner hosted by Danish company Danfoss, 27/11
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Lovely outfit, Mary looked great during this trip, simple but effective outfits.

Very pretty outfit! I also like the pink dress on the woman in the background (LIW?). Mary has done a wonderful job with her wardrobe selections for this trip.

CPs Mary and Frederik attending the European Film Awards in Denmark:

BelgaPicture - Category details

I like this dress. It is very simple, but very elegant.

She has worn this dress before. It is beautiful on her. She looks great.

She did, but it was several years ago. Here are a few pictures, posted by Pdas1201 in the first thread for this topic.

It's a really pretty dress and the right way to do black for evening without looking harsh or funereal.

:previous:
And also to the birthday dinner for Count Carl Johan Bernadotte in late 2006, whilst pregnant with Isabella

Stunning dress, Mary looks great and best this time wearing this dress. Again she looks relaxed and happy and both M & F comfortable as a couple. I don't think she's pregnant but since a few months especially Mary seems to have found herself more and more, to be at ease with her role and everything that goes with it.

The Crown princess is ravishing!:wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom