Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 18: September 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the dress, but I think it would look better just a tad shorter. To me, this length makes her appear to be squat. Love the earrings!

Not a fan. Too shiny, and it reminds me of webs. Not a favorite for me :sad:

But the color is beautiful. And absolutely love the accessories, especially shoes.

Her hair and earrings are stunning as well :flowers:

great dress, good that the web is not so prominent, is hardly seen in most photos.
nice gag for halloween but not really good on any other day (maybe apart from a meeting with Maxima, she can wear her spiders)!

Wow, love everything about this look: her hair, her dress, her earrings. Very chic!

A divine blue dress. So beautiful and regal.

Mary looks lovely, I love the soft colour of her dress. Beautiful.

Good pictures of Mary's gown tonight. She looks wonderful.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb72PpvHwQF/?taken-by=detdanskekongehus

A note about the gown Mary is wearing tonight: A beautiful honor and sweet thought from Crown Princess Mary to wear a gown created by the young Danish designer, Cecilie Bahsen, whom the couple tonight gave the Crown Prince Couple's Stardust Award. Mary stood on the scene and with a charming bow she gave an acknowledging nod to the young designer who sat down in the hall. Cecilie became so touched and proud that she almost couldn't held her speech.

Sorry I find it ugly. The only redeeming quality is the beautiful color.

The dress looks cheap and stiff. The cut out flowers seem like a poor art project. Not the elegant look I usually expect from Mary.

A very nice gesture indeed.

I love this blue colour, but the execution of the dress is not the best imo. But congratulations to the designer :flowers:

As before the color is gorgeous on her yet the design is poorly done, something is way off on this dress. The cut out flowers, the long sleeves, the welting around the waist line..........to much on going for me.

Wizard of Oz

Blue dress - esp with the welting around the waist

And red shoes.

Rare fail IMO

Sorry I find it ugly. The only redeeming quality is the beautiful color.

The dress looks cheap and stiff. The cut out flowers seem like a poor art project. Not the elegant look I usually expect from Mary.

You summed it up nicely. The dress is horrible. Nothing redeeming about it!

A rare fail indeed. Ugly color fabric and design. Really nothing about it to commend. The horrible cut work of the hem and neckline and sleeves, I have a tablecloth like this. The the inverted pleats at the waist, the shiny fabric, the bordered waistline, all so unflattering

I really like the color and the top of the dress. I don't like the skirt of it and I don't like the red shoes with it.

The gesture was nice tow wear the winners dress but that doesn't make the dress pretty IMO. The color is great but the overall design was off. The white coat looked nicely matched, I dont care for the red shoes.

Agree with what all posters mentioned who don't like it - I'd like to add that I don't like Mary's middle parting hairstyle, it ages her.

I think there's too much going on with this dress. The fabric looks too shiny. The hem and waist looks weird. The overall style looks kind of unfinished and outdated.
And her flat and severe hairstyle reminds me too much of CPss Victoria's. Yes, this style ages and doesn't flatter any woman in my opinion.
Lovely earrings though.

Last edited:
Not keen on this dress the whole things isn't to my taste

Lovely dress. Interesting cut. And "something blue" Manolo shoes. Nor sure about the red version

Not keen on this, but SHINY fabric never works 'in my book'.. invariably it manages to cheapen a look...

I don't think Mary cared what the dress looked like on this occasion. She wore to honor the designer. I give her credit for making someone's special evening more memorable and thrilling to see future queen wear her creation. I would like to think I would have put my own thoughts aside for one night to honor and make another's evening brilliant. Mary's kindness went up a notch in my opinion.

:previous: Yes, it was a gracious and generous choice on Mary's part. I think grace and generosity look good on everyone and just wish we saw this kind of real beauty more often.

I don’t like the dress much at all, except for the colour, but it was a very thoughtful gesture on Mary’s part. Royals go to these sorts of events to honour the guests, not the other way around, and I’m glad Mary took the opportunity to use the attention inevitably focused on her to highlight the designer’s work.

I don't think Mary cared what the dress looked like on this occasion. She wore to honor the designer. I give her credit for making someone's special evening more memorable and thrilling to see future queen wear her creation. I would like to think I would have put my own thoughts aside for one night to honor and make another's evening brilliant. Mary's kindness went up a notch in my opinion.

Ah, Winnie, you said it best. Even though I don't like the dress it shows just how smart and compassionate Mary is for her adopted country. She won the hearts of many that night in wearing the dress and acknowledging the lady who was the designer. That to me shows Mary's love and devotion to the Danish People....:flowers:

Oh, sorry, I didn’t realize the dress was designed by one of their honorees. It is a very beautiful gesture. But red shoes??

yes, I like the dress but I do not get the red shoes?//

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom