Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 17: September 2016 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she looks gorgeous! I love the skirt and top..very elegant. And to top it all off, her hair is so feminine and compliments the outfit beautifully.

This look is a win for me. I really like the contrast between the skirt and the top. Very stylish without being too much.

The soft curls and earrings are beautiful :flowers:

I love the skirt. The colors and pattern are beautiful.

The top is lovely. But it doesn't work with the skirt. Both pieces need a better pairing to really make them shine.

I agree with other posters - beautiful skirt but the top doesn't work with it.

Love the skirt and Mary wears maxi skirts very well but the top, it was the wrong choice, it seems too heavy for the skirt.

I love the overall look. I think the skirt and top go well. The top is a nice contrast to the busy skirt.

Quite like it, but it would be even better with the top a few inches shorter.

Yes, she is recycling her gold Jesper Hovring gown. She wore it for a portrait that was released in August 2016 and for the 2017 New Years Court.

I do love the dress, but as she just wore it with the Ruby Parure, I would have preferred a different gown. (like the silver one from her pre-wedding dinner) :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely dress and I like that Mary kept it simple, not wearing over the top jewellery, just about right. I personally wouldn't pair the gold dress with the silvery ruby parure.

Love the dress! She looks beautiful

Guess I'm the only one that doesn't really like her dress.

LaRae

Awesome to see the full necklace again!!!!

The gold dress is lovely. Beautiful color.

I must say I miss the cape. But indoors so I guess I have to live.

The dress is a beautiful color. And the jewels are regal. :flowers:

But like earlier in the day, not my top pick or close. A bit under whelming.

I like the gold dress but like other wouldn't have paired it with the Parue (first world problems).

I would love to see some of her earlier gowns again.

I also wish she would recycle one of her earlier evening gowns (we saw this golden dress only recently, in January 2017).
But its a lovely gold dress on Mary and it fits her perfectly. If only it weren't so shiny (perhaps it just photographs like this?).

I must say I miss the cape. But indoors so I guess I have to live.

The dress is a beautiful color. And the jewels are regal. :flowers:

But like earlier in the day, not my top pick or close. A bit under whelming.
I agree. This dress is okay, but not great. Kind of a let down for me. Of course, you are right, the jewels are gorgeous. But this whole visit has been a let down for me as far as Mary is concerned.

Last edited:
Now this is more like it! Our Mary knocked it out of the ballpark with this stunning dress. Love her hair and clutch.

I had to look at it a few times but now I have decided that I like the dress. The top is very unusual but I think it works. Colour is stunning. Hair up would have been better for Mary.

I agree hair up would have been better because of the halter neck style but this is lovely! Got a bit of sexiness to it.

Look at this picture:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSMdh5RjUq-/?taken-by=detdanskekongehus

Mary in her stunning gold gown :wub:
Guess I'm the only one that doesn't really like her dress.

LaRae
No, I am not a fan at all. While I like the style of Mary's gown, I loathe the illusion of metres and metres of stiff-looking plain material that is at the mercy of the lighting in any different location. On the way in the gown looked silver, in the group shot it looked gold and in bad light it looks beige!

Strangely, Mary's and Mathilde's gowns both suffer from another illusion caused by photo flash that makes them both look considerably, erm, more robust than they actually are, :eek: And there, standing in the middle is the epitome of cool, Queen Margrethe looking both petite in a magical, knock your socks off, new gown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom