Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 16: October 2015 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks great in that black suit. I love the lace top.

I'm not a fan of the lace top but, Mary still manages to look lovely.

You must be right, it is the skirt from the Bambi awards. The new combination with that velvet top is gorgeous, perfect for the new years court.

Absolutely stunning! Elegant and regal.

Wonderful Mary!!!!Navy is beautiful with the rubies!

Mary is breathtaking tonight :) And 'the weather Gods' were with her - it was almost magical when she stepped out of the car and a light puff of wind folded out her beautiful gown.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8aadc10ea97c0e0763bd82d732b6999e&oe=570B051B

Recycled - Mary is excellent to that!

ADDED:

More full view pictures from tonight:
http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/873/11/x2048-u/11873854-nytrskur-p-amalienborg.jpg
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c04c866b58a7d32f1a80fcad591cb3ca&oe=571B809F

Last edited:
I love the new top with the skirt. She knows how to recycle

What a showstopper! While still being totally appropriate for the event! Good job. The moment she went around the car and the "train" flew behind her... MAGIC!

Crown Princess Mary looks gorgeous. I continue to be impressed with her recycling choices. It looks like a completely new gown.

That is what we could call an outstanding recycled and re-altered dress. Absolutely fantastic.

Im not crazy about the the gown. I preferred the original gown. The velvet is a nice touch but somethings off and the scattered embellishments on the sleeves isn't pretty. Nevertheless, she looks great!

Crown Princess Mary looks great tonight at the New Years Gala Banquet!

That is what we could call an outstanding recycled and re-altered dress. Absolutely fantastic.

I agree, it was a clever way to alter/recycle a gown and I think Mary looks wonderful!

Love the dress and the colour suits her, especially with her summer tan.

Also, her hairstyle is a little softer too, which suits the ruby parure.

Love Mary's dress.
Isn't the top the same style as the altered red velvet dress from last year? Must be the same dress maker.

To be honest, I don't like this dress. The sparling blue dress was so elegant and stylish. The velvet dress was more regal. The combination does not work for me. I also don't like the cutting of the velvet dress. The two dresses in their original versions were fantastic but as for me, she ruined both by putting them to one piece.

I initially just saw a combination that didn't have the same impact as the Bambi dress in it's original form. It's slowly growing on me. I like the jewell trim on the sleeves to try and match the skirt but I don't quite get the heavy looking velvet over such a beautiful skirt.

Dear Naggi, this is what makes life so interesting. Everyone has a different view and opinion on things. For me if only I could look that good once in my life I would be happy or happier. Ha!

She looks gorgeous . From head to bottom .
And with a handsome Frederik in uniform by her side , they complete the fantastic and regal look

I agree with you Polyesco.
I just had a thought. Knowing how much the Queen loves to design and change things I wonder if she had suggested this look to Mary's stylist. Or had a hand in it in some way. The Queen has designed many of her own gowns apparently.

She looks spectacular!
I love it.

I initially just saw a combination that didn't have the same impact as the Bambi dress in it's original form. It's slowly growing on me. I like the jewell trim on the sleeves to try and match the skirt but I don't quite get the heavy looking velvet over such a beautiful skirt.
This occasion seems to call for long sleeves and heavier fabric like velvet and even fur wraps. If I remember correctly it is pretty cold and Queen Margrethe has been known to wear a full-length fur coat. So, I'm guessing it's cold outside and with the great doors wide open I don't think it's that much warmer in the initial receiving rooms either.

This year's offering from Mary is really rather magnificent and I am amazed at the scope of this particular redo of the velvet with the Bambi skirt. Quite amazing and I have to admit I like the blue velvet more than the red, except when she was wearing its pregnancy incarnation.

It's funny how we wait each year for new gowns for special occasions but for the New Years Court we wait for the latest redo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom