Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 15: January 2015 - October 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan either. I was pleasantly surprised by the back but really can't see why she would have considered buying this one.

Not a fan either. I was pleasantly surprised by the back but really can't see why she would have considered buying this one.

Do you think it could, possibly, be because she likes it ;)

Nice to see something different. A perfect dress for a private event like this. Beautiful dress and it suits Mary very well.

her dress yesterday was really unimpressive. nothing wrong with it, but washed out and slightly boring. i like the simplicity of the cut, but if i were her i'd cut this and use it as a daytime dress rather than for a gala appearance.

Nice to see something different. A perfect dress for a private event like this. Beautiful dress and it suits Mary very well.

I agree, I like it. To be honest, I like it more than the tiara outfit. I know I am in a minority but I never liked the outfit form the gala dinner/dutch inauguration, top & skirt, I don't think the tiara goes well with it, I didn't like the hairstyle either.

If ranking Mary's appearances for her MIL's birthday I'd put first the dinner on April 8th, the black prada dress, then yesterday's private dinner and last the gala dinner.

Mary's otfit looks very 'James Bond' (perhaps, Roger Moore's Bond :))
I like it very much

I agree, I like it. To be honest, I like it more than the tiara outfit. I know I am in a minority but I never liked the outfit form the gala dinner/dutch inauguration, top & skirt, I don't think the tiara goes well with it, I didn't like the hairstyle either.

If ranking Mary's appearances for her MIL's birthday I'd put first the dinner on April 8th, the black prada dress, then yesterday's private dinner and last the gala dinner.
That would be my ranking too (although I like the Dutch inaug dress, just not with the tiara).
I think that this grey dress as well as Maxima's black dress looked better on TV than on pics though.

bertie5252003---you should never regret a post that is your honest opinion. You did not defame or mock or critique the shape of Mary. You gave honest opinion on clothes and style. The couture style now is for throw back to 60, 70 & 80s. Since I lived through them [and well before] the clothes bring back nice memories. To others they look odd. I am sure Mary has been "advised" on certain dress options that she picks from. Five years from now the "look" will be quite different. A point of fact: Letizia recently wore a gown with a huge black print on white. That look was quite the style at proms in the 60s. What goes around, comes around in fashion. I, for one, enjoy reading other's fashion opinions.

Do you think it could, possibly, be because she likes it ;)

I had read once that she always asks Fred his opinion before purchasing "formal" clothes. If true, maybe Fred liked it and that closed the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid I am in the "dislike" corner on the grey dress. It think it ages Mary, and that is hard to do. I rarely dislike what Mary wears as she is able to carry most things off with aplomb and grace, but I just don't care for this dress. Still...

The grey dress is not my favourite either; but I kind of like that she tries something completely different from her usual style - gives us all something to discuss :)

The gray/silver dress has a "jumpsuit" vibe to it - like it was meant to be a jumpsuit, but was made with a floor-length skirt instead. And that's probably why I don't like it.

The more I look at it the more I like it. Not an easy dress to wear.

_ Post removed from the daytime thread to the eveningwear thread_

F&M tonight participates in gala celebration at Hotel d'Angleterre on the occasion of the hotel's 260 year anniversary, Copenhagen.

Mary in long black Danish Ole Yde dress from 2013, long earrings and soft curly hair:

Nice dress even not my favourite. Mary herself looks absolutely beautiful.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd...._=1441005289_132b28d25133d14e016a197faba21fd1
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd...._=1440511615_3105bbbbb7d542371fba5b44675144d4
https://scontent-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=f825d405d697f1c7f5d92e3aa36d5d70&oe=55E04CA3

I think the dress is awful. The style and design is too much.

I think the dress is awful. The style and design is too much.

I don't think it is actually awful, but certainly not my favorite of Mary's. Don't care for the fake "sweetheart neckline". The top just seems a bit off some how. Might look great in person, just don't know. JMO Otherwise, she looks nice as hair and makeup lovely.

I do not like the Dress either.... too much, especially the upper part could have been much better without the tulled neckline.....
BYe Bine

I think the black gown is really an odd fit the top appears to make her look stooped over and is just not flattering I like the skirt though.

The top half of the dress is very pretty but it didn't work with the bottom half. Moreover, I thought the band under the bust was too maternity looking style IMO.

Her hair and make up looked lovely as usual.

A rare miss, for the Crown-Princess.

I'm not a fan of the dress, even though black looks nice on Mary. It reminds me of something Maxima might wear (I'm not saying that I think Maxima's outfits aren't nice by the way, it's just what I think) and doesn't strike me as the sort of style evening gown Mary would usually wear. I like her curls but generally, I actually think her hair looks a little unkempt (particularly in the first photo posted by Roskilde), though that's probably due to a wind as she's outside.

Mary looks so pretty but its not my favorite dress shape. She made up for it with her gorgeous amythest earrings!!

Not up to Mary's usual standards. I rarely dislike what she wears, but this one doesn't do it for me. (As if anyone cares!).

_ Post removed from the daytime thread to the eveningwear thread_

F&M tonight participates in gala celebration at Hotel d'Angleterre on the occasion of the hotel's 260 year anniversary, Copenhagen.

Mary in long black Danish Ole Yde dress from 2013, long earrings and soft curly hair:

Nice dress even not my favourite. Mary herself looks absolutely beautiful.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd...._=1441005289_132b28d25133d14e016a197faba21fd1
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd...._=1440511615_3105bbbbb7d542371fba5b44675144d4
https://scontent-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=f825d405d697f1c7f5d92e3aa36d5d70&oe=55E04CA3

Big, big, miss. I don't even know where to begin! But her amethyst earrings rock! No pun intended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom