Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 14: June 2014 - January 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looks fantastic. Love the off the shoulder look on her.

According to Bunte, the dress is by Jesper Høvring, a danish designer. Mary has worn lots of dresses designed by him.

close up:
http://i3.bstatic.de/sites/default/...ry_660x915/public/458913500.jpg?itok=zp7sigM2

I love the dress, hairstyle, earrings but the make-up is too heavy.
I have to agree, she looks stunning. Pity she used too heavy a hand with the blusher brush.

I love the hairstyle. Now this is the sort of adult use of braiding that is elegant rather than childish.

Wow. Justlove everything!!

An absolutely beautiful dress! She looks lovely.

I do not like the look. Although all elements were well-chosen, there was something off in the ensemble. The hairstyle was lovely.

Last edited:
Mary looks wonderful! I adore that shade of blue on her, and I'll bet the dress must've looked stunning in person due to all those sparkles. However, I don't think I'm as keen on her hairstyle, though it's interesting and gives off a rather medieval feel to me, though that might be because I've recently been watching the Brian Blessed adaption of Shakespeare's King Lear for some papers, and the actress who played Goneril had a hairstyle that was rather similar to Mary's here.

I love the dress, and the earrings, are to die for! I like Fred with blue taxedo also! both look fantastic!

I've seen some gorgeous appearances by several Royal women this year, but I think CP Mary takes the prize in that sparkling off the shoulder midnight blue stunner. She looks as beautiful as a film star there!:)

Agree, Moonmaiden23! BUT, with one huge exception. Mary looks regal and elegant as a Crown Princess should. A film star can only dream about looking like the real thing! Mary looked simply exquisite in all of her glory. She took my breath away...

Quite right udyusa. No starlet today that I can think of has that special *something* to be able to compete with a Royal princess, and especially not looking the way Mary looks in that incredible gown!

she looks really lovely. this may be her best look this year. i remember having seen Mary first before seeing Catherine on the other thread. Mary really set the bar high. she's got all the right bling and the dress is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

November 21, 2014 - Mary attending the gala show with Mary Foundation

Picture 1 ** Picture 2

Not a bad dress. I am not liking the match of the leopard print pump and the red clutch.

A really cute dress, would buy it in a second, yet the accessories are out of touch with each other, leopard shoes, red purse...so mismatched. Do one, not both....they are throwing the outfit off.

Mary's dress is wonderful and her hair also looks great, though for me her dress is more of a very dark green, but then again I guess we all have different lighting behind our screens. I also agree with dazzling and SElizabeth about her shoes and clutch, they look a little missmatched to me. The clutch is alright and would look fine if the shoes were black too, but with the leopard print it clashes a little.

You and I think alike Lady Nimue. She needs a diamond necklace!!!!

You and I think alike Lady Nimue. She needs a diamond necklace!!!!

A necklace would help, too! :flowers: Diamonds for sure! :p That dress is made for some serious bling around the neckline. She looks a bit naked without it, but it does not seem to be what today's royal princesses focus on.

Mary could have worn her wedding tiara as a necklace, or I have always thought that HM could have the King Faud diamond necklace which she rarely wears, redesigned and give it to Mary to wear.

Which necklace is that Tarlita?

A necklace would help, too! Diamonds for sure! That dress is made for some serious bling around the neckline. She looks a bit naked without it, but it does not seem to be what today's royal princesses focus on.
She took breath away with her gown, but here's also a picture of Mary's beautiful updo at the Bambi Charity Award:

https://36.media.tumblr.com/6ade9fea3537690e8fdf997eca8faf84/tumblr_nf05r1eeyq1sydlj8o1_500.jpg
Fair dues Lady Nimue, Crown Princess Mary has never underestimated the power of jewellry. Right from the very start when she walked out wearing the entire Ruby Parure, her carriage perfect, ensuring that she wore the parure and not the other way around.

No, Mary understands couture and knew that the gown, being a "statement" gown, had to stand on it's own merits, even more so when such a dramatic asymmetrical neck and shoulder line is involved. This event was not a 'royal' event as she was there as just one of the many recipients. She intended to look royal, not rich. So, her hair and her jewellry could either make or break the gown.

Her fabulous aquamarine chandelier earrings more than complimented both Mary's colouring and her gown, but wearing such a gown takes more than just zipping up the back or side, it takes an innate sense of style. Had she added a diamond necklace it would have hung scooped around her neck, it's body line at total odds with the asymmetrical neckline and, in doing so would have looked both "Hollywood" and tacky. Even the remarkable bracelet she wore was a little borderline OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom