Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 14: June 2014 - January 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh she looks utterly stunning! I also think that a floor length version would be great for the New Year Courts!

This is absolutely gorgeous. The color, the style, the neckline...everything! She looks wonderful.

I agree it's stunning! Anyone's knows who is the designer? N wonder what dresss she has underneath ...?????

Mary looks good but the dress is so-so. Its ok for daytime wear but imo not elegant enough for an evening award presentation.

:previous: I was trying to think what it was that bugged me and you just nailed it. The background of the print is too dark for evening wear because the lighter splashes are sort of "in you face", so to speak. Mary's face and hair fade into the dark background too. :ermm:

Great earrings! I actually think the dress is too tight, it is pulling across her whole middle section. The print is ghastly, as are the other of this brand I've seen. Looks like an old Victorian couch slipcover.

Excellent! Love this dress. I agree: perfect fit. :flowers: She is in shape!

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks great!! I disagree about the print - it's lovely and bright but not garish.

Also, she seems perfectly in line with the dress code for the event. Not all eveningwear has to be formal and long and grand.

Once again the dress is way too tight. One to many bites of salad and the seams could rip. It's stretching and pulling in the wrong ways across the middle section.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Its not my favorite dress but on Mary its stunning. She just looks so pretty. I need those earrings!!!

Beautiful outfit.
I love the colour-match of clutch bag and the flowers in her bouquet!
Wonder who organised that, or was it serendipitous?

Ive always wondered what Mary uses on her skin for that amazing glow. Ive tried everything. Although I dont have lights and cameras on me. Her skin is perfect.

Its not my favorite dress but on Mary its stunning. She just looks so pretty. I need those earrings!!!
Having seen the dress in different lighting I have changed my mind. It is lovely and Mary is stunning.

Ive always wondered what Mary uses on her skin for that amazing glow. Ive tried everything. Although I dont have lights and cameras on me. Her skin is perfect.
Great! Terriffic! Now we finally have something to hate about her. :D

I see her in 2 consecutives days she used 2 pair of blue shoes, one in patent and the other in swede! really stunning both! I would like to see her shoes wardrobe! can you imagine to have the same colour but in different material! incredible!

Mary is wearing a goldish mustardish gown to Red Cross dinner. I really dont like it

Beautiful~ Love the colors and the clutch is wonderful too.

Mary looks gorgeous tonight. Love the dress. I hope she'll pair it with orders & tiara in the future (minus that particular belt).

A difficult colour for most to wear, and wrong for her in my opinion.

Hard to find something positive to say about this mustard one....that sometimes seems bright gold.

Last edited:
:previous: It would have benefited from Mary wearing an updo and allowing the gown to, metaphorically, stand on it's own merits. But while this seems to have an early grecian style, the folds are just plain too voluminous to flatter her figure and the colour really made her look almost sallow in these photos.

Oh dear, I had another look just to check I wasn't too harsh . . . umm, no. . . . still downright ugly. Wow! A rare miss, but a really awful one. :ermm:

Its nice maybe she didnt want to be too ostentatious and wanted people to feel she was approachable.
Thats what this dress choice is saying to me. Wearing gowns and tiaras would have looked great in photos but probably would have made everyone else feel underdressed in comparison. A crimson shawl and shoes to match the bag might have picked it up a bit.
Its a bit "Kate" for me but I think its kind of hard for Mary to something look really bad fashionwise, Shes looking pretty hot potato at the moment. :)

Here are two bigger pics of Mary's dress - I like the colour, but the belt-thing is really strange.

** Full view ** Upper part **

ok this is horrible the colour the cheap kraft crepe paper material and the pot belly stove fire grill used as a belt urggh! :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
That belt! :eek:

A completely different belt might have changed the entire look, making the dress a winner- perhaps something in the silver family. But I can't get past the belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom