The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Nobility

I like the dress as such, but the belt and the earrings I do not.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Ive always wondered what Mary uses on her skin for that amazing glow. Ive tried everything. Although I dont have lights and cameras on me. Her skin is perfect.
She could be drinking a lot of water combined w/just making sure you do a good job of cleaning it. Everyone compliments me on on my great skin and wants to know my secret. Then comes the disbelief when I tell them what it is. :big grin:

I use just regular Aveeno and reapplying during the day as needed, then w/Olay's battery powered little cleaner, I use Bert's Bees Facial Cleanser at night for a good clean of my face, along w/a last go round of Aveeno. Combined w/lots of water throughout the day and that's all I do. It could be just as simple for Mary too.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
She could be drinking a lot of water combined w/just making sure you do a good job of cleaning it. Everyone compliments me on on my great skin and wants to know my secret. Then comes the disbelief when I tell them what it is. :big grin:

I use just regular Aveeno and reapplying during the day as needed, then w/Olay's battery powered little cleaner, I use Bert's Bees Facial Cleanser at night for a good clean of my face, along w/a last go round of Aveeno. Combined w/lots of water throughout the day and that's all I do. It could be just as simple for Mary too.
Bert's Bees Facial Cleanser is that good.......Thank you, I think I am going to try that, does it do a deep cleaning of the skin? I have oily skin, make-up fades in an hour, as my hair is also oily needs to be washed every other day yet in a way it's good as at 70 I have few wrinkles says the experts and what do they know...lololo. Going to get it tomorrow, Thanks.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
.Here are two bigger pics of Mary's dress - I like the colour, but the belt-thing is really strange.

** Full view ** Upper part **
Ooops! Epic fail! IMO of course. Ouch!
Old 09-13-2014, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I like gold, I like sunshine yellow, just not that mustard /vomit yellow.
It's like green. I didn't like that green ensemble of Queen Mathilde's the other day. I like colors, but not certain shades.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Ooops! Epic fail! IMO of course. Ouch!
What happened here? let's hope these become items for donation (the dress, the earrings, the belt . . .)

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 09-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Either that, or go back in the closet, never again to see the light of day...
Old 09-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I like it. The style, the colour, the fabric and the belt, though it looks a bit too casual for the gown, I think it works. I just dislike that clutch and that horrid black bracelet.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Nobility

I really like that dress but that belt! It screams day wear to me. A sash or evening belt would have been preferable. Marie looks amazing.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The color is lovely on Mary but something with the dress two front layers are off, the lengths don't work well. The belt was a bit too harsh with the dress but the dress did need such a wide belt. I also thought the dress was several inches too long. The one shoulder is great, the hair and earrings looked great.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:41 AM
Nobility

I think the belle of the ball was the queen. She looks really elegant.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Can you post a pic of the Queen in her thread?
Old 09-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is lovely on her. The belt is junk. No one should where that on anything.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Can you post a pic of the Queen in her thread?
I would if I could! I think one needs a photobucket account or similar, and I don't have one. - But it was food for thought; I'll go and learn how to post pictures on TRF. :)
Old 09-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Nobility

I like the cut but the color and the belt are a big miss.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I would if I could! I think one needs a photobucket account or similar, and I don't have one. - But it was food for thought; I'll go and learn how to post pictures on TRF. :)
Thanks. No worries- doesn't have to be you - kinda meant anyone in general.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Several close-up pictures in the DM article
Royal rebel: Princess Mary steps out for dinner in Denmark wearing gold-toned draped gown with daring diagonal neckline and cinched leather belt...without her Prince | Mail Online
Old 09-15-2014, 04:56 AM
Serene Highness

I think she looked great !! love the colour and the belt !
Old 09-15-2014, 05:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I really hate the belt and the black leather/biker bracelet or whatever it is, very ugly and un-elegant.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Anyone else thinking Big Bird!???

That shade of egg-yolk yellow is very trying, and the belt looks totally wrong! The earrings might be okay with a different outfit, but with that dress they look like too much.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary, crown princess mary evening dresses, crown princess mary evening wear, princess mary, princess mary cocktail dresses, princess mary evening wear, princess mary fashion, princess mary gala dresses, royal fashion