Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 14: June 2014 - January 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok this is horrible the colour the cheap kraft crepe paper material and the pot belly stove fire grill used as a belt urggh! :ohmy:
Now that was just plain mean. You really should have started you post with:

Important Message:
Please do not eat biscuits or drink coffee while reading!​

Rofl, I needed that to finish my day. Thank you. :flowers:

Here are two bigger pics of Mary's dress - I like the colour, but the belt-thing is really strange.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Ok, this mustard-colour (I could not say it better) is really hard to wear for everybody, but would suit better for a Lady with a Little more tanned Skin .... on CP Mary (who has a very pale Skin) it Looks very washed out. The belt destroys the rest of the Dress...

The earrings are great!
BYe Bine

I think this color works best on darker skin. But the extra fabric gives it a costume look. Like she just left dress rehersal...he!! Positive? Hair perfect!

I am totally in the minority here but I don't have a problem with this. You can tell that she's playing with different styles and that she has a bit of an edge - and I totally respect that.

I get the criticism of the belt and accessories, and this isn't the best color for her (it actually makes her hair look much lighter), but I applaud her for trying new styles and not sticking with the same old/same old.

If this is Mary's new hairstyle, middle parting and longer a la Kate, its not working.

I'm not sure how I feel about this outfit. One the one hand, I like that she is experimenting and adding some edge with the belt. But on the other, the color is not the best on her and the cut is making her look bigger than what she is. Her hair is good and the earrings are very nice.

The color looks like something my cat would throw up. The dress itself is lovely but the wrong color for her. It's just screaming 'look at me' which is not appropriate for the event. Actually a nice tribute to the Red Cross would have been a red dress...not cat barf yellow.

The gladiator belt is so not working. If it had been a thinner jeweled type belt it would have worked better.

Overall a miss.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Here are two bigger pics of Mary's dress - I like the colour, but the belt-thing is really strange.

OK- sorry but the dress reminds me of vomit. That's not a good one shoulder cut either, and the bag and belt are both awful. The belt looks painful. The dress needs an iron. I like what Marie wore better than Mary- doesn't happen much. Huge miss.

Last edited:
Gosh how awful the whole outfit is very odd IMOand i agree the belt is strange I can't believe it.

A big miss. The color looks nice on her and her earrings are beautiful, but the dress and belt are pretty bad. And her clutch...looks like she's carrying a small bird.

Oh dear. I am not liking this look on our beautiful Mary at all. The color is awful, as is the belt and furry bag. Even the style is odd, to say the least. The only positive to say is that Mary herself looks lovely with her hair and makeup and pretty smile.

Oh I like it.
Daring but really gorgeous.

The yellow dress is an awkward choice. The crumpled Grecian-style dress is further aggravated by a belt.

i am also not a fan of that dress. the colour doesn't really suit mary, but nevertheless that colour is really hard to pull through. the design and fitting of the dress could have saved the colour issue, but in this case it doesn't work for me.

I love the colour and usually I hate mustard yellow (I agree with carlota in regards to mustard yellow being a hard colour to pull off), but it just looks wonderful on Mary. The dress is alright, but I feel that she has worn nicer ones. However, I don't like her earrings, belt or bag. Her earrings are not my cup of tea, her belt is as iceflower said a little strange, and her bag does indeed look like an animal of some sort.

I'm sorry, but this is an awful look on Mary. The color is awful, and the style of the dress isn't much better.

A real miss. Not only is that awful belt painful and costume-y looking, the dress is way too long and the one shoulder doesn't even have the same material going up over the shoulder in one piece! Dislike her hairdo, ugly clutch too. don't mind the color but it is not for her.

I like the dress as such, but the belt and the earrings I do not.

Ive always wondered what Mary uses on her skin for that amazing glow. Ive tried everything. Although I dont have lights and cameras on me. Her skin is perfect.

She could be drinking a lot of water combined w/just making sure you do a good job of cleaning it. Everyone compliments me on on my great skin and wants to know my secret. Then comes the disbelief when I tell them what it is. :D:D:big grin:

I use just regular Aveeno and reapplying during the day as needed, then w/Olay's battery powered little cleaner, I use Bert's Bees Facial Cleanser at night for a good clean of my face, along w/a last go round of Aveeno. Combined w/lots of water throughout the day and that's all I do. It could be just as simple for Mary too.

She could be drinking a lot of water combined w/just making sure you do a good job of cleaning it. Everyone compliments me on on my great skin and wants to know my secret. Then comes the disbelief when I tell them what it is. :D:D:big grin:

I use just regular Aveeno and reapplying during the day as needed, then w/Olay's battery powered little cleaner, I use Bert's Bees Facial Cleanser at night for a good clean of my face, along w/a last go round of Aveeno. Combined w/lots of water throughout the day and that's all I do. It could be just as simple for Mary too.

Bert's Bees Facial Cleanser is that good.......Thank you, I think I am going to try that, does it do a deep cleaning of the skin? I have oily skin, make-up fades in an hour, as my hair is also oily needs to be washed every other day yet in a way it's good as at 70 I have few wrinkles says the experts and what do they know...lololo. Going to get it tomorrow, Thanks.

I like gold, I like sunshine yellow, just not that mustard /vomit yellow.
It's like green. I didn't like that green ensemble of Queen Mathilde's the other day. I like colors, but not certain shades.

Either that, or go back in the closet, never again to see the light of day...

Well, I like it. The style, the colour, the fabric and the belt, though it looks a bit too casual for the gown, I think it works. I just dislike that clutch and that horrid black bracelet.

I really like that dress but that belt! It screams day wear to me. A sash or evening belt would have been preferable. Marie looks amazing.

The color is lovely on Mary but something with the dress two front layers are off, the lengths don't work well. The belt was a bit too harsh with the dress but the dress did need such a wide belt. I also thought the dress was several inches too long. The one shoulder is great, the hair and earrings looked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom