Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 12: April 2013 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 12 of the thread for Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 11: October 2012 - April 2013 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I really like the altered version of the gown (the original not so much), very elegant!
original version
http://img162.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=59616_mary400_122_380lo.jpg
altered version
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/dansk-galamiddag-april/mary-frederik-1.jpg

Regarding the mullet dress, its not for me. It may be fashionable but I dont think it looks good on Mary, in general and especially on this occasion. Screams 'fashion victim' to me.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Noblesse & Royautés » La famille royale danoise au Palais Molkte

I agree with you.
The altered version seem to have a more coloured underdress that makes the upper dress stand out more.

The white H&M dress looks weird. From the back it looks like a dress from Pride & Predjudice.

the white mullet dress from H&M looks awful on Mary - cheap and not befitting the event

She does look good at the banquet in the repeat/altered dress

I think its the same "overlay" (very expensive material, I think) but the lining has been replaced with what looks like blue silk. Her is a view of the back of the "new dress", which shows a clearer view of the lining. So clever to turn the dress around!

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534885_470262586378844_1924448401_n.jpg

I think the new style is an improvement not least of all because it looks like a better fit. She looked beautiful.

Definitely the altered version looks more elegant and more expensive. Blue suits Mary better.

The white is really odd IMO I totally hate the cut up the front and the shoes are too day for evening and the bodice is Amish like ... it is weird I don't like it at all.

I really like the altered version of the gown (the original not so much), very elegant!
original version
http://img162.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=59616_mary400_122_380lo.jpg
altered version
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/dansk-galamiddag-april/mary-frederik-1.jpg

I must say they have to have a lot of fabric to altered like that the neck line is so different and look all in one piece, who ever did it it must be superb!I really like it and I wonder wher they buy thos kind of fabric because i check several places localy and internet and i couldn't find it!

Product Detail | H&M US
isn't this the dress drom Mary that she used with the Finish president party?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also like the new version more, but I liked it more when she wore it the last time. I don´t think this dress look good with tiara and sash. IMO, the detailing is too much and such elaborated dresses look better with discrete jewells, like she wore last time (at Vietnam?).

I would have liked to see how the original one would look with tiara and sash. I have the impression that it would look better beacause of the neckline. I prefer the current skirt, though, without the slip on the front.

The altered version of the dress is absolutely stunning. However, the H&M dress needs to be put very, VERY far away. It's terribly ugly.

i don't think it had been altered

Ah! So Mary's was also beige? It seemed white to my screen.

Mine too ;). It looked beige on the model and white on Mary. I think those were two different colours.
I liked it on the model better, maybe it's the colour, maybe it's the fitting. Mary's version looked too big on her.
Also, on Mary that dress looked like crossing of granny / little house on the prairie and the white lady ghost on the castle :D. One of her worst ideas ever. Hope not too see that dress again.

I think may be is the light in the room that makes the difference of the colour, but yes in the model looks very nice! i like it despite this strange look of little house in the prairie! I am sure Mary doesn't care, she has so much clothing and try so muh that probably like she said is her uniform for work!

For me it's a winner. I love the design, colour is a bit blah though.

I love this dress, it's a beautiful look for Mary.

The dress is very different. It looks lovely on her. Never have been a fan of her wedding tiara though. Wish the queen would loan her another one for occasions just like this.

Mary looks really nice. From a distance it looked like an Elie Saab couture dress. That is an interesting dress how and where the embellishments start, looks like its an off shoulder dress. Mary's hairstyle from the front is a bit too high which she doesn't pull off.

Wow she looks amazing! Beautiful dress and her wedding earrings are to die for.

I like the way Crown Princess Mary pulls soft pastel colours off.

Mary looks amazing. I love the dress and think it goes perfectly with the tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom