Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 12: April 2013 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is so-so, not overwhelming to me. What I really don't like is that hair, its starting to get orange-ish with some proper roots that need to be done urgently.

Full view
http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/3/12/50/13/@/1189010-crown-prince-frederik-and-crown-620x0-1.jpg

I don't think this pic does the dress justice: she's in motion, the wind or a breeze seems to be playing with the fabric. Not really showing the piece as it's meant to be seen.

The dress is pretty, but those shoes are a big miss-match.

I don't like the blue dress at all - it's not figure flattering and looks uncomfortable imho.

The dress is pretty, but those shoes are a big miss-match.

Agreed. I love the dress. I love her shoes by themselves, but they don't seem to go with the dress. They might go better in a different color.

I can't say I care for Frederick's outfit at all. It's just an eyesore to me.

Last edited:
Just awful. Nothing seems to work. Rare miss IMO

Fred?

Whoah.

Fred, hon, have you ever thought about talking to Joachim's tailor? The reason I ask is because pretty much almost every jacket of yours I've ever seen you in looks a wee tad bit too small, to me (around the middle, when buttoned) and too short. And THIS particular one? What's up with that day-glo color and those North-star bright, white, plastic-looking buttons its festooned with?

Wow.

The pants?

The PANTS?!

Lord, have MERCY!

The COLOR, the WRINKLES?

Your SHOES?

HUH?

Grade: F.

Mary:

Sweetheart, PUH-LEESE get your hair done! Stevie Wonder could see those roots from 1,000 feet away!

Not good.

Not good at ALL.

Shoes: Like 'em, BUT . . .

I'm sorry. They look TOO casual and heavy with that particular dress. I KNOW she was trying to be simpatico with Fred (it's pretty darn obvious!). But sometimes, it's just best for one to go one's own way and do one's OWN thing!

Dress? WAY too much fabric going on. Kinda looks like a last-minute, badly-wrapped, blowing-in-the-wind bedsheet, to me.

Earrings? Like 'em, but not with THIS particular dress. They look too heavy, or something, to me. Guess what I'm trying to say is that as weighty as they look, they don't match the feel of the floaty fabric of the dress.

Bag/Scarf: Again, like 'em, but not with THIS particular dress. The colors are off, to me.

Grade: D.

Gee, I hope there's a MAJOR turnaround from these looks for the BOTH of 'em, coming up!

Last edited:
Awful, the colour is about the only thing going for it just.

Nice shade of blue! their outfits certainly match (perhaps Mary's shoes should have been yellow or mustard color) . . . .hope the ensemble gets buried in their big closet . . . :lol:

Last edited:
The simplicity is equal to class.... Simple gown, great choice.

I love this simple repeat dress. She always looks amazing in the color. Also the dress is just simple and elegant. Her earrings are a similar or the same leaf style that Princess Marie has worn recently.

Hm, silver earrings, golden clutch, silver shoes? Could have been better.

Also: the colour of the Dress is a WOW, the cut is an arrghhhh, she nearly looks fat (I NEVER expected that to be said about CP Mary :ohmy::eek:)!
Bye Bine

Hm, silver earrings, golden clutch, silver shoes? Could have been better.

Also: the colour of the Dress is a WOW, the cut is an arrghhhh, she nearly looks fat (I NEVER expected that to be said about CP Mary :ohmy::eek:)!
Bye Bine

Looks fat??? We saw the same picture??? ;)

CP Mary looks amazing in this dress, but I don't like the top of the dress.
I think that this clutch doesn't match. Silver clutch would be better.
Louboutin's high heels are beautiful.

Pretty dress. I liked it when she wore it with the nude CLouboutins though. Earrings are nice but not my first choice with this dress. Something looks off which is unusual for Mary.

I'm not overly excited about this dress. There is something off about the look. I think she needed a necklace. The bag didn't go and the shoes are just okay. If she'd had on a necklace and some strappy heals with a different bag, it would have pulled the whole look together for me.

I have always loved this dress. Great color, and so very beautiful.

Last edited:
I really love the color of the dress. Mary looks beautiful in it.

I absolutely love the color but the accessories are mismatched; her bag should have been silver. I don't care for the cut of the dress top and she definitely could have used a necklace. The earrings are pretty, but something more jeweled would have been outstanding.

Last edited:
The dress is terrific except for the bodice, it looks as though the sides are just going to come down! Yes, a necklace may have helped.
Wonderful makeup

She looked great but chose the wrong clutch

A great look and great colour for Mary at the Index Award yesterday evening, August 29:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I love that shade of purple, it looks lovely on Mary. However, if I have to be picky, then there's something about the left side of the neckline that I'm not too sure about. Her bag is a little bright for my taste, but I think gold and purple go nicely together. I like her shoes as well.

I agree with the comments, her looks is alright but NOT great. I think the style is for a larger frame woman perhaps, so it looks somewhat big on her shoulders, and those big earrings are not doing much for her either. I like her hair style :flowers:

She looks perfect IMO , love the dress on her & the whole style , love her hair-do very Much .

She has worn this before with a nude shoe but I love it with the sparkly ones gorgeous IMO

Not my favorite dress but Mary still looks lovely. I agree that a silver bag would have looked better than the gold. Love her shoes..

:previous: I agree. The clutch was move of an over-statement than a statement.

But I have to admit, I am a little confused. Deduct marks for clashing clutch, or harmonise the entire look and be marked down as too matchy matchy! It's a no win situation so I guess she just decided to play with us. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom