Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 12: April 2013 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary looks very elegant in all the photos; I love seeing her in gala wear because she wears it well. My favourite dress the first one, second favourite is the fourth one. I like the other dresses too, but those two were my particular favourites.

A lovely photo shoot; the photo of Mary and Isabella is my favourite. I wouldn't mind getting a copy of that issue of Woman's Weekly. I'll see if they have it online as I don't think it's available in my country.

Last edited:
I love the photos, stunning clothing , of course the one with the cream/yellow dress in that gold room is incredible! yes really like Disney princess! te one sitting with the white dress is beautiful too and the one with Isabella is so sweet! just notice Isabella doesn't have tights for dance? I though it is a kind of funny go and kiss your momy and she is with her tiara on! I guess for them is normal! anyone wknos who are the designers! love it,love it ,love it! she is the most regal princess!

You can find the list of designers here:

Styleofmary: Women’s Weekly

Crown Princess Mary at the Danish Design Talent award 2013 yesterday evening, October 3 - I'm not excited about the blouse, but she looked great nevertheless:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

I don't like the dress at all. I dislike the design on the top.

its different and its growing on me. i think it works on mary and i like the hairstyle. it would have looked horrible with open long hair.

I'm not a fan of this dress or the hair.

I would not like it on anyone else or on it's own, but on Mary it looks very good, she makes it her own:flowers:
That woman can make a potato sack look good:lol:

Adore the black and white dress. She knows how to wear her hair to show off the dress. So nice to see a "warm" evening dress with sleeves that is also gorgeous and hip.
Was she wearing her black pearl earrings? I could hardly see.

And thank you for posting the pretty Australian fashions Mary modeled. Lending herself to promote Australian fashion seems a bit of a stretch to me, but I enjoyed all the dresses.

It's a sort of sexy Edwardian secretary look.

I actually like the top part. And this may sound crazy, but I would have loved to have seen it with a leather skirt and hit right above the knee, just to give it some edge. All in all, its not bad but I've seen her wear better.

Mary looks good and I like her hairstyle, however I'm not a fan of her dress, the pattern is a bit busy for my taste. Until I read that it was a dress, I firstly thought that Mary's outfit was a jumpsuit (I hadn't blown up the photo at that point) and then I thought it looked like a blouse and skirt (this time I had blown up the photo a little).

It's a sort of sexy Edwardian secretary look.

I also think the outfit looks a bit Edwardian-ish.

I like it a lot as I like the colour combination!

I love that it is black and white, but it's not one of my favorite looks. I love that her hair is worn up but I think it is too severe.

I actually like the top part. And this may sound crazy, but I would have loved to have seen it with a leather skirt and hit right above the knee, just to give it some edge. All in all, its not bad but I've seen her wear better.
I like your idea, other than that......ick!

I don't think this gown does anything for Mary .. it's quite matronly IMO ...

I don't think this gown does anything for Mary .. it's quite matronly IMO ...
I always think it's funny when someone says a dress is "matronly". The first definition listed in Webster's of matron is "a married woman, usually marked by dignified maturity or social distinction." CP Mary is married, in her forties, dignified and definitely possess social distinction. :lol:

Last edited:
I find Mary looks best in bright colours, actually.

Mary could wear a burlap sack and still make other women jealous. I read somewhere awhile back that Prince Charles was quite taken with her when they visited:cool:

Wow, look at this picture of the back of the dress from Myroyals. I wonder if Mary's was open backed too:flowers:

Picture

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a great back why not show it? It looks elegant and stylish to me.

Yep, agreed! But a bare back just doesn't seem a very "royal" thing to do. I don't have a definition for what "royal" should be, but have a feeling that too much exposure is not the thing to go for. What goes for celebrities and models doesnt' necessarily go for royals, I think.

^^^^^
Well she certainly would not be the first royal lady with a bare back. Diana rather famously wore barebacked gowns with a string of pearls hanging down in back.

Delighted to hear that! - Didn't really think the dress had a bare back, but you never know!

Thanks for that LauraS as with many words in the many lauguages the use of and meaning has evolved with time if you don't agree just say so and that is your opinion but that is mine and that is that I don't like the dress it appears matronly to me in the modern evolved use of the word ... and that is that .....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom