Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 11: October 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much gold for me! The dress is ok but the jacket looks too shiny, hate the ugly bow.

You're right; too much gold combined. I like the dress though, it looks delicate. Reminds me of her top from Heartmade we've seen many times.

The dress is nice (at least the part we can see under the jacket). The jacket looks tacky to me, both fabric and colour, with the especially tacky addition of the bow. Overall, too gold for my taste.
I like her hairdo, though.

If I am not mistaken, Mary has worn this gold jacket with a white dress / gown at a tiara event in the last few years as well.

Yes I found this picture from May this year :flowers:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2012/2/~/media/BilledBladet/Kongelige/Nyheder/Kronprinsesse%20Mary/2012/1/marygallaeftermodestortHJ.ashx

The dress is stunning, but I really dislike the jacket.

Have we never seen the dress without the jacket? Somebody who can remember? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the dress that Mary is wearing we haveseen it before it is so delicate.

Mary more times than not gets it right and this time as well or perhaps QM may have just beat to be the best dressed of the three ladies.

Mary more times than not gets it right and this time as well or perhaps QM may have just beat to be the best dressed of the three ladies.
I think I agree with you re QM. She looks really good in that red suit (dress suit? not sure what to call it). She has so many flamboyant evening outfits that this clean-cut suit is a nice supplement :)

Roskilde

I think Mary has worn the dress two or three times and I think each time with the jacket.

I loved Mary's hair for the concert, she looked beautiful.

i really like the gold dress, really pretty!
however, even though i like the jacket with the white gown from the dinner early this year, i cant find it well-fitting with this gold dress, something's off!

The dress is beautiful, but the jacket is too golden and too shiny with it.

I have a feeling that Mary's make-up is getting more and more unflattering these days, is she trying too hard to cover up the signs of age? I think her face looks pretty harsh lately and sometimes not very natural :ermm:

The jacket (which is horrid BTW) looks like it is a little small for her. I do wish she would not insist upon having all her clothing so skin tight. The jacket is starting to bunch/pull in the armpit area.

I like the dress but the jacket is overkill.

I think if any one of us has lost a close friend we wouldn't like the camera in our face so people can pick. Mary recently lost her lady's maid and by all accounts she is extremly upset by her sudden passing as are all the people that knew Tina.
So If Mary needs a little extra makeup to get through so be it, although if you look at other photos that are not posted on this board her makeup is lovely.

IMO I think Mary looks great

Last edited:
I agree with jacket is just not good. It is making her look wider and shorter than she actually is. The dress is lovely though and her hair looks nice.

Golden girl Mary ;) at a concert and dinner at Fredensborg palace yesterday evening, November 6, 2012:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

WOW! What happened here? Way too much gold. The dress looks nice (would need to see the dress itself), but why the golden tacky jacket (which should be thrown away very fast) with horrible bow and golden shoes and golden tights? All those make the outfit look cheap. Hard to save a pretty dress with such company ;). Was she trying for the Bond golden girl look or something? A huge miss.
I wonder how blind felt the people looking at her in the light ;).

Agree about her make up, it's been very harsh lately. And I doubt it has anything to do with the passing of her Lady in Waiting, Mary's make up has already been this way before the Lady passed. It looks like Mary started using too much which in her case is a bad idea.

Roskilde

I think Mary has worn the dress two or three times and I think each time with the jacket.

I loved Mary's hair for the concert, she looked beautiful.

Agree, Mary always wears beautiful hair updos IMO. But I wish there were better pictures of her hair from behind. But I can't find any.

Last edited:
Gorgeous dress, but the jacket needs to go. Other than that Mary looks lovely.

Agree, Mary always wears beautiful hair updos IMO. But I wish there were better pictures of her hair from behind. But I can't find any.

Almost always I would say. There is this weird alien updo at the Luxemburg wedding...

I love it the gold is always stunning on her IMO

Mary looked quite nice. The golden dress is nice, but I don´t like that jacket. Too much gold combined. She reminds me a christmas ball

Roskilde

fairy tale kindly posted a link to some photos in the Danish currents events thread which has a great pic of the back of Mary's hair. IMO really lovely updo.

Surprised at such a miss. The jacket, as many have noted, is too small. Any garment with a frontal bow on the waist is a mistake for anyone over 12.

I agree the jacket is bad. The dress is okay though.

I really like the hole ensamble, the acket it is beautiful, and the dress too! wouldnt mind to have it myself!!!!including her shoes and clutch! heair perfect! i wonder from who designer are all the outfit!!!!!

She looks great. I have no idea why some would call her makeup harsh-she's wearing quite neutral colors so as not to overpower r clash with the outfit.

To shinny, too mucht gold, too mucht for me...too shimmer

i really like the gold dress, really pretty!
however, even though i like the jacket with the white gown from the dinner early this year, i cant find it well-fitting with this gold dress, something's off!
You are right. Something is "off". I am not quite sure what it is but it makes the jacket look oddy harsh against such a delicate dress. Perhaps the flash photography reflects an overly harsh and shiny finish.

You are right. Something is "off". I am not quite sure what it is but it makes the jacket look oddy harsh against such a delicate dress. Perhaps the flash photography reflects an overly harsh and shiny finish.

That could be it. I remember when she wore it to the wedding (from an earlier post) and it didn't seems so shiny.

WOW! What happened here? Way too much gold. The dress looks nice (would need to see the dress itself), but why the golden tacky jacket (which should be thrown away very fast) with horrible bow and golden shoes and golden tights? All those make the outfit look cheap. Hard to save a pretty dress with such company ;). Was she trying for the Bond golden girl look or something? A huge miss.
I wonder how blind felt the people looking at her in the light ;).

Agree about her make up, it's been very harsh lately. And I doubt it has anything to do with the passing of her Lady in Waiting, Mary's make up has already been this way before the Lady passed. It looks like Mary started using too much which in her case is a bad idea.
Oh! . . . This jacket is awful:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom