Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 10: May 2012 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm it reminds me of Desigual though I wouldn't put it past Daisy to have designed the dress herself lol.

That's certainly very... colourful.
Reminds me of a watercolour I made aged 4 or 5.

:ROFLMAO: 'Colorful' is definitely a good adjective for this...creation. I sincerely hope it goes back to the farthest recesses of Mary's closet, never to come out again. Yikes :eek:.

That might just be the ugliest piece of clothing Mary owns, what happened? I usually adore her taste in dresses in particular, but this one ... ahem.

The redeeming parts of the ensemble are sleek hairstyle and perfect makeup. The dress/tunic (?) appears to be well-fitted.

The redeeming parts of the ensemble are sleek hairstyle and perfect makeup. The dress/tunic (?) appears to be well-fitted.
I thought the dress is anything but well-fitted.
The sleeves appear to be too long, as is the dress itself (the black part underneath the colourful one). The earrings are quite out of place too.

Agree about the makeup though.

iceflower said:

Crown Princess Mary at a dinner celebrating the WWF Denmark's 40-year anniversary today, May 30,

wearing a very special and very colourful dress :)

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Wow..... Makes me think of the word "psychedelic".

I am dying to know the name of the so-called designer who created this nightmare.

I get what she's trying for; but this is awful.

No Izzie has better taste than this! :) Maybe Mary has recycled some old curtains being left-over after the renovation ?

Yes I still blame Daisy for being the designer lol.

This is got to be one of the most hideous dresses she's ever worn! The print is way too much!

I still hope there is a reason why she is wearing it. Like promoting a special charity of her or something like that.

There must have been somekind of wicked theme, otherwise I lose my faith in all four of them (Frederik and Joachim, thank goodness, looked good enough in their suits).

Wow, flashback to the '60s, she's feeling really groovy. Maybe she raided Princess Anne's retro closet for something to wear. And with Margrethe, I can't tell if that's her normal attire or if she's dressing for the theme of the occasion.

Last edited:
It's ....interesting. It seems to be a little sheer and there are black pants underneath. Not my favorite!

Guess I'm in the minority but I like it. I think it's a long tunic over pants. would have liked a to the knee tunic length better.
It would be better as an "off duty" outfit, IMO

This reminds me of something from "laugh in" or serena from Bewitched would wear. I get what it could be, but fabric is just not elegant enough to pull off. I like Marys hair and earrings.

This reminds me of something from "laugh in" or serena from Bewitched would wear. I get what it could be, but fabric is just not elegant enough to pull off. I like Marys hair and earrings.
LOL perfect, Serena from Bewitched! I always liked her style too:flowers:

Wow, flashback to the '60s, she's feeling really groovy. Maybe she raided Princess Anne's retro closet for something to wear. And with Margrethe, I can't tell if that's her normal attire or if she's dressing for the theme of the occasion.

None of the other guests were dressed for a "theme" party so the royal ladies and Prince Henrik stuck out even more. I picture them sitting in cushions on the floor passing the bong around after dinner.

The Dress So colourful , I’m Not Like The Dress , But I Think She Looks Nice , Her Makeup & Hairdo Perfect On her .

Oh, man :ROFLMAO:. I won't put it past Anne to have something like this in her closet either. The Danish ladies definitely went for 'eccentric', didn't they :D?

Is the Royal Palace Chapel missing a stained- glass window?
Oh, it's Mary's dress!:ROFLMAO:

You're too much :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:. I sure hope it didn't cost her too much. It'd be a waste of good money (and good materials too).

You're too much :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:. I sure hope it didn't cost her too much. It'd be a waste of good money (and good materials too).
Mary is the Crown Princess of Denmark- I doubt she is down to her last dollar, though I quite agree with you! :D

That might just be the ugliest piece of clothing Mary owns, what happened? I usually adore her taste in dresses in particular, but this one ... ahem.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

This IS, by far, the ugliest thing she's ever worn. Looks like some sort of horrific item from the late 60's or early 70's. The only thing that would have saved this monstrosity was if it were a mini and she wore it with long white leather boots as a 60's themed costume.

Last edited:
II agree with everybody here, it is really awfull, her worst nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom