Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 10: May 2012 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the dress is awful! I don't think the high neck look is flattering on her and I think the skirt is too much.

I think she looks great, I do like that top with the skirt and the skirt has a nice movement to it.

I really love the outfit. I'd wear it in a heartbeat. The skirt is fun and fits and flows well. The top makes the outfit look less hippy and more polished. If she going to hippy chic, this is a much better way of doing it that the psychodelic dress she wore last week. Good look on her.

THis is my favorite kind of look. Simple dress, and a great piece of jewelry. Perfect on Mary. Wasn't she supposed to recieve a tiara from Greenland for her 40th? I wonder if they gave it to her while shes there. Would that be done in private? Cant wait to see better photo of brooch.
It wasn´t CPss Mary who was supposed to get the tiara. It was QMII due to her 40th Jubilee Anniversay earlier this year :flowers:

I certainly prefer this outfit over the hippy number worn last week. Nice flow to the skirt and the pattern is attractive.

Crown Princess Mary this evening, June 14, at a dinner for Chinas President Hu Jintao in Copenhagen,
wearing an evening dress in nude. Elegant, but with that colour she looks a bit too naked for my taste ;)

** Full view ** Upper part **

Fab dress, but the colour is not for Mary. It washes out, big time.

I think the dress is very beautiful in general, love the bottom part, however the color does not flatter her. At least her hair is very elegant.

Here she is wearing the same dress in 2010.

Last edited:
I don't know why but I loved this the first time she wore it. Its such a gorgeous dress. Hard color to wear. I would have preferred her hair up and a nice cover on her shoulders or something. But I shouldn't complain, I'm just glad to see Mary pull some jewels out for today!

Nice style, unflattering color. It should have been in something more vivid

I actually really like the look, colour and style included.
The dress itself is beautiful, and I love the colour too although it does wash out Mary slightly. Nevertheless, a great overall appearance.

I love the dress, and the hair. Looks more like she's at the Oscars than a state dinner, however.

This is not the State Banquet

This is not the banquet for the Chinese state visit. That is tomorrow night. This is a dinner the Danish Royal Family is hosting for an association of European businesses.

Nice style, unflattering color. It should have been in something more vivid

Exactly. I can imagine how stunning she would have looked if the dress were in a shade of blue (maybe sapphire). This particular color washes her out. The style is great for Mary, however.

I loved it when she wore it in 2010, I love it now. I do agree though, it would have looked just wonderful if it had been in another colour, I don't think it's that bad though. Mary looked very elegant and beautiful tonight.

she still wears this dress perfectly, even after the babies.
she has a nice figure and we cant deny that not all women can pull well this dess of like Mary

No issues from my end about how well this gown fits Mary, but a stronger color would have looked fabulous on her.

I also loved it more when she wore it for Victoria's wedding weekend. I'm thinking that the top was altered in some way, it looks like it was taken in or the band across the top was altered to make it tighter. It doesn't fit as well across the top, strapless is almost impossible to wear faultlessly and this time around she's got the "slumping down, losing my dress look imo so let's take in the top!"
Also, these images were taken inside, 2 years ago mostly outside as I remember. Lighting is everything.
Great hair!

Exactly. I can imagine how stunning she would have looked if the dress were in a shade of blue (maybe sapphire). This particular color washes her out. The style is great for Mary, however.

Sapphire would be beautiful here. The dress is gorgeous, and she sure wears it well!

A gorgeous look for Mary, oozing "understated glamour." However, I do agree that the shade, although lovely, washes her out a little.

This is not pictures from the state dinner for the chinese president. Accordning to the courts website it takes place first on Friday evening. This was a dinner for international enterprisefederations. So website can see forward to a New event tonight.

I love the gold from the stae dinner and the jewels she wears with this are among my favourites. She looks amazing.

TV just showed Mary arriving at tonight's dinner at Christiansborg for the Chinese guests.
She is wearing the hot pink dress with the lilac belt from the wedding last summer in Monaco - and her wedding tiara.

I LOVE that dress! When I saw the very first time she wore it, I though she looked amazing! The color is gorgeous and the cut is great. I love the color combination of pink and purple! This is one of my favorite looks from her and I have been hoping she will wear it again!

Last edited:

Here's a full view pic of Mary's outfit this evening - great colour and cut!

** Full view **

Dress from the Monaco wedding I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom