Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant get these links to work. Or they work but they dont go anywere. Has anyone else had any problems?

Here are some more links that I found of the same dress. The links above actually worked for me but they are messed up some. When I opened the above links I had to scroll down a ways to find the pic. But try these, hopefully they will work. Sometimes ANP is difficult I think maybe b/c of a high volume of users. :)

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Mary certainly has the beautiful eveningwear. She has an elegant taste and I think that she also takes advice from fashion advisers seriously. My only wish is that Mary would wear brighter colors a little more often. She's a "cold color" person as I am and if I wear the brighter blues, greens, fushias she would look great. I've noticed that when Mary wears greys, taupes, brown or black, they tend to wash out her complexion. Since she's naturally fairer, black pales her even more. At the most she could add bright accessories.:flowers:

Mary from tonights event Oct 11, 07
A black lace dress picture gallery by Søren Steffen

I have not been able to find photos from this event on either ANP or PPE and was wondering if anyone else had had better luck, with finding pictures of the event which we are able to save?

Many thanks to anyone who has managed to and is able to provide a link for me.

I suspect that my searches of the ANP website are not so efficient as I would like them to be. Other people have been able find pictures is the past which I have not, but this may be simply because I search too early!

I have not been able to find photos from this event on either ANP or PPE and was wondering if anyone else had had better luck, with finding pictures of the event which we are able to save?

Many thanks to anyone who has managed to and is able to provide a link for me.

I suspect that my searches of the ANP website are not so efficient as I would like them to be. Other people have been able find pictures is the past which I have not, but this may be simply because I search too early!

marmi, I have search on ANP, Polfoto, Getty, PPE, DRWBS and Corbis for pics of Mary on October 10th (the above pics) and the Soren Steffen pictures are the only ones I have found. It's strange, so few pictures

Well JessRulz, thanks for you efforts - it is nice to know that I am not the only one who is struggling, and your searches were far more extensive than mine!
It's a shame, from what I remember the dress she was wearing was a pretty one.

Its not about money, you can buy a top from H&M and mix it up with a skirt/pants from zara and still look like your in designer wear. The thing is, they look more fashionable after marriage is due to people who help tem such as a stylist & some royal houses do have requirments on how one should dress:)
Some people do have millions but dont have tast nor style & some who have both

Couldn't agree more. I don't even favor Mary personality-wise above some of the other princesses, but anyone who follows royalty marginally would have to agree: Mary does the total head-to-toe appropriate-for-the-occasion looks better than anyone else on the royal scene.

She always looks like she's made an effort to wear what's most appropriate. Not only that, but she manages to do just that in combination with being more fashion-forward than any of the other princesses - and without seeming to become a fashion victim.

I think dressing up, for her, while she may enjoy the fashion aspect of it, really isn't about fashion at all. Rather, it seems to be for her about showing respect for A, her role as princess and her place within the oldest monarchy in Europe and B, respect for the people she will meet.

Of course, I can't speak for others let alone for someone who I only know from the media, but that's the ipression I get.

I wish that Mary would wear this dress again, if only so that we can see what it looks like when she stands, walks etc.

I wish that Mary would wear this dress again, if only so that we can see what it looks like when she stands, walks etc.

Oh it seems so beautiful! When did Mary wear it?

Oh it seems so beautiful! When did Mary wear it?

the dress seems lovely. it's a shame we didn't get to see any other pictures of it, but i'm sure we will see it being recycled at some point.

mary wore it at the silver wedding of the grand dukes of luxembourg a summer ago.

Yes - by all appearances most of the CPCs dodged the press that night (aside from M&P), so that photo is the only one we have of Mary.

the dress seems lovely. it's a shame we didn't get to see any other pictures of it, but i'm sure we will see it being recycled at some point.

mary wore it at the silver wedding of the grand dukes of luxembourg a summer ago.

Thank you, Carlota. It's a real shame Mary didn't wear it again, it seems so beautiful and creative. She doesn't wear flower patterns a lot and this dress was a nice surprise. I hope we can see it again one day.

It'a a summer dress so we have to wait one more year to see if she will be dressing it again! Although I think those flowers are a bit oldfashion but... lets see!

I completely agree this gown is my favourite of all she has. She looked gorgeous.

Finally Mary recycle's this gown. Its simple yet so elegent. The sari fabric makes it rich, the gold work/sari fabric aganist the lilac purple is lovely. Soft colors suit Mary really well. I like the cape/coat and I dont, cant fifure out exactly what I dont like in it yet.

03-01-2008 Christiansborg Palace

Princess Mary wore a new, grey dress with white gloves.

Full View
another View

(more pictures can be found here)

I really like it. It's something new for Mary. I cannot remember seeing her in a smilar gown. The gloves make it look really elegant.

The new grey dress is lovely, its very classic imo. Something I could see Grace kelly in. Love the fabric and cut and the fact that the jacket is quite short and plain trimming.. Gloves are great, its nice to see Mary in a gala dress with gloves, its so elegent.

The new grey dress is lovely, its very classic imo. Something I could see Grace kelly in. Love the fabric and cut and the fact that the jacket is quite short and plain trimming.. Gloves are great, its nice to see Mary in a gala dress with gloves, its so elegent.

I agree!!! It's super elegant and Mary looks terrific. I would have preferred grey shoes to the nude shoes she's wearing but doesn't really matter ... another perfect appearance by CP Mary :clap:

I am completely in love with this look hair pearls DIVINE. Thanks for the photos.

I love her hair and the cut of her dress,but i think that the collur of the dress make Mary look abit to pale for my taste.
I woud have lovede it she had chosen a diffrent collur maby read, yellow, orange, ligthe blue or a green collur.

Last edited:
03-01-2008 Christiansborg Palace

Princess Mary wore a new, grey dress with white gloves.

Full View
another View

(more pictures can be found here)

I really like it. It's something new for Mary. I cannot remember seeing her in a smilar gown. The gloves make it look really elegant.

I ADORE this dress on her! It's divine! Very Jackie Kennedy! I love how the sash is partially hidden by the jacket, and I think pearls were the perfect choice to accessorise it. It gives it a relaxed formal feeling.

Last edited:
mary appears to favour those short box jackets remember her Jackie Kennedy suit pre wedding for the armed force display

If queenofcelts is talking about the purple and gold gown, previously worn during the Romanian state visit back in March of 2004 and again for New Years reception at Amalienborg, then that is what she is talking about.

If not, then the other dress, the pale greyish one, she is referring to is not a recycled gown. It's new.

I think I'm in the minority, but I much prefer the purple sari gown to the gray. I just think the gray sort of washes out Mary with her pale skin. I love the purple dress though. It manages to mix quite a few colors without appearing too busy or overdone.

Great dress, but that strand of hair that has separated from the rest draws my attention in every photo. I really like the hair style, and I think it suits the dress, but the escaped lock makes her hair seem unkempt.

I hope Mary recycles the new grey dress but with the jacket off. If its a sleevless dress, than I think it would look stunning if worn with a tiara.
I prefer the new dress over the purple

I'm looking for pictures of two dresses:
1st: A dress, which Mary wore on some evening event - I think it was a concert for her father-in-law. It was by Valentino and she wore it in 2004. Creamy white, it ended under her knees, on the belly were somekind like glittering stars and the aperture was also glittering, like a pharao's necklace.
2nd: The violet/ purple Hugo Boss dress on the cover of Australian Vogue in 2004 - full or big picture !!!
If somebody can post this, I'll be happy ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom