Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fandesacs2003 said:
And I do not like the black colour on her neither
I agree, the colour doesn't complement her skin tone or dark hair colour (both of which i love imo and suited the red dress completely!)

I thought she looked great that night fur and all.It's one of her better dresses, in my humble opinion. The dress flatters her body and curves in every way.
Had the dress been a nice bright color like fushia, apricot, or even a mint-tarragon color, it would've easily been my favorite gala dress from Mary.

I don't like the neckline on Mary. It makes her look awkward and she's not an awkward lady.

sm1939 said:
od on her ....... it looks to big . could be just the photograph's arent doing it Justice's.
I don't think it's the photographs. It just looks like variations on a big black tent thingee. Not a good look and the colour makes her look sallow. All in all, not a good look, for the very first time. Worse, the haircut just adds to the whole wash and wear, 'I am having a lousy pregnancy, I just can't be bothered, and, I feel as good as I look :sad: .
I hope she improves (on all fronts) in the very near future. :flowers:

Heck, if she is having a "lousy" preganacy, sign me up for that!!! My pregnancy was lousy!!!!!! Much worse that anything Mary has ever had. Mary looks amazing for a pregant woman. Nothing seems lousy about it. When she doesn't take a shower, do her hair and make up and wears the same outfit for two days, then she's having a lousy pregnancy!!

It is difficult to find a decent outfit when your pregnant. Even after all these years the offerings are not too great. Now, I know some will say Mary has money etc. True, but there is only so much you can do with a pregnant figure. Mary is most likely wearing an outfit she is comfortable in. She likes more muted tones, but does go in for the occassional bright ensamble. In that outfit she is not distracting from the King or the hosts in anyway. She sort of blends into the background which is what she likes sometimes I think. Maxima on the otherhand has a much different personality and it shows.

I don't actually mind the dress itself. It just looks boring on Mary.

I liked the black dress. I have to keep in mind she's 5-6 months pregnant, and therefore she wants to be comfortable as well as stylish. Comfort should come first, or else why go? I mean, if she's going to look great but feel like poop because the dress is too tight or she thinks she looks bad in it, it'll be a waste of energy for her to bother attending. It was classy, but it wasn't like she was hanging out of it either. That little sheer part at the top was cute, especially with the beading.

Her_Majesty said:
Princess Mary attending King Harald's birthday Gala, wearing a simple, black dress:
Mary's dress

I don't like this dress on Mary. :ermm: IMO it doesn't suit her at all.

If you copy and paste it, then brighten the picture, it doesn't look as big as it does in the dark picture and it seems that there are sequins or ? around the waist and neckline. The shadows do make it look bigger than it is though.:)
I think she looked pretty.

The dress is one that doesn't photograph well.

mims111 said:
Here is collection of almost all her gowns (except two last gowns and dress wore in bulgaria). I hope you enjoy it: ImageShack - Hosting :: nepojmenovan1kt8.jpg
That is such a beautiful collection of all her gowns, Mims111 ! I can not say, that I have disliked one single one of them, except for maybe the grey/beige one worn in Sweden. That one really looked horrible on her.. Other than that one, she is always beautiful and appropriate.

At the 2nd gala in Norway, Mary recycled this dress :flowers:

Last edited:
MissSaga said:
At the 2nd gala in Norway, Mary recycled this dress :flowers:
Wow! Now that's more like the Mary we love seeing. Perhaps the black one did indeed not photograph well.:flowers:

12-09-2007

For the State Banquet during th State Visit from Brazil CP Mary wore the blue gala dress she already wore for her portrait in Australia.
Blue Dress ANP

This is just one of my all-time-favorite Mary-dresses! The color suits her very well and I love the cut of the dress!

:)

She looks nice in this picture. Thanks Her Majesty for the picture!

CP Mary looked stunning at the gala - a dress both regal and with a touch of 1940's-style glamour, the wedding tiara looking a bit more substantial than usual with this hairstyle, great posture as usual - IMHO, Mary is the only one among the current CP's who evokes the image of our childhood's fairytale Princess.
Compared to the dress worn by CP Victoria for the Swedish gala, which drew inspiration from the same time period, Mary's gown is so much better cut and executed. Does anyone know who the designer is? I too like the fact that Mary seems to realize what her best outfits are and then 'recycles' them.

12-09-2007

For the State Banquet during th State Visit from Brazil CP Mary wore the blue gala dress she already wore for her portrait in Australia.
Blue Dress ANP

:)

Finally the dress being recycled. Beautiful color & not many crown princess's would wear. Love the cut, does shape her really well. She looks just as good as she did when she first wore it in Australia:)

CP Mary looked stunning at the gala - a dress both regal and with a touch of 1940's-style glamour, the wedding tiara looking a bit more substantial than usual with this hairstyle, great posture as usual - IMHO, Mary is the only one among the current CP's who evokes the image of our childhood's fairytale Princess.

I agree with you Boris. IMO Mary represents everything a crown princess should be. Her cloths are beautiful (this blue dress is Amazing) but put the same cloths on any other crown princess and the end result wouldn't be the same. Mary is truly special.

^What a pretty dress! It looks like Oscar de la Renta.

I think it is very dark blue dress

Sunday September 23, 2007 (anp) Princess Mary in a beautiful navy blue dress with black flowers & embroidery. Loved the dress & choice for the event. Length was great not too short.

Picture 1
picture 2
picture 3
picture 4

This dress is gorgeous! I have notice that all those who became princess were very unfashionable when they were normal. I guess thats what money does for all.

No one will argue that money doesn't help. You can buy more outfits at once and things to go with it. So you automatically look more put together. I do wish Mary would just wear her purple Indian Sari evening gown again. But I love that she has worn her blue green satin one shoulder engagement gown more than once. I love that on her.

This dress is gorgeous! I have notice that all those who became princess were very unfashionable when they were normal. I guess thats what money does for all.

Its not about money, you can buy a top from H&M and mix it up with a skirt/pants from zara and still look like your in designer wear. The thing is, they look more fashionable after marriage is due to people who help tem such as a stylist & some royal houses do have requirments on how one should dress:)
Some people do have millions but dont have tast nor style & some who have both

Yes she has really good taste for clothes and she can buy from lots of designers but she always get it right!!!!

CP Mary IMHO is the only current CP who looks neither like a fashion victim - or like some TV anchor woman playing it all too boringly safe - or decked out as if she was on her way to a Hollywood premiere.
I do not particularly like CP Mette-Marit's and CP Victoria's taste in clothing but at least they don't fall into fashion traps either - but CP Mary is just the best dressed for me.
I'm certain that if you look back at recent pics from her in ten year's time, she will still retain a look of timeless elegance which holds up. Bravo.

She is beautiful...I love her smile, her bone structure, and her eyes; they just light up when she smiles.

I'd say overall that she has great taste in clothing. Her formalwear isn't overly grand, and her casual wear isn't slovenly.

It seems that she knows very well what looks good on her and what she can cast aside with little to no worry...or she has an incredible and honest stylist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom