Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was at the wedding of Kylie Mattews in Sydney on November 2002. He was or is a Mary's friend.

antonieta said:
It was at the wedding of Kylie Mattews in Sydney on November 2002. He was or is a Mary's friend.

So this is before Mary and Fred married...no wonder! I kept looking for an engagement ring and couldn't find one! :wacko:

Thanks Antonieta!

nokklav said:
love her or hate u cannot deny she has a superb wardrobe and always l;ooks elegant and classy...a true princess!

But you know what's great about Mary? She doesn't look like the typical princess. She's every inch a princess, but in a whole new, refreshing way. She always looks appropriate, but modern and sleek at the same time. It's a great change from the "royal" way many royal women dress, looking a little like meringues! She's definitely taken the role and made it her own.

Hi everyone :flowers:

Following the gala dresses videos I made for Princess Mette Marit and Letizia, now I have made some new ones for Mary, while we wait for new gala dresses and also while we wait for the new babies :lol:

I hope you enjoy them and find them interesting, :flowers:

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
Video 4
Video 5

I would like to thank everyone that has participated in this thread, and I would like to thank to all the people that have posted the photos and the information that have made posible these videos: Josefine, Micas, Misshelen, Monalisa, pdas1201, cute_girl, Larzen, and Alisa.

The music for the videos is as follows:

Video 1, "The War Zone Theme" from the film the "The War Zone" by Simon Boswell.

Video 2, "Air On A G String" Orchestral suite no. 3 in D major by J.S. Bach, from the film "Seven".

Video 3, "Flower Duet" from "Lakme" by Delibes.

Video 4, "Odissea" from "Duetto" by Marrale.

Video 5, "Band of Brothers" by Kamen.

:flowers:

antonieta and magnik I´m really glad that you enjoy them, :flowers: Thank you so much for your words :flowers:

really enjoyed making them as it is very nice to see all the dresses together :wub:
I hope to be making more of them in the future:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Olga 7777 The videos were wonderful. I am sure there were several gowns I have not seen before. :clap::clap:
You choice of music was inspired. Absolutely magnificent. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formal or casual Crown Princess Mary wins the fashion stakes.

Thank you so much for the wonderful videos Olga 7777!
They were beautiful, especially with that moving music.

Wonderful Olga! I love your choice of music- so dramatic and royal.
And also pictures were lovely a lot of them were for me unknown till now ;)

I have just watched your videos Olga,They are wonderful.Thank you.
Could you do some more of other royal ladies?

Thank you so much :flowers: :flowers:

I´m really, really happy that you enjoy the videos, and I really want to thank all the people that have contributed to the thread,as only thanks to them the videos have been possible :wub: :flowers:

Actually I´m right now a bit overwhelmed :flowers:

:heart: :heart:

blyton said:
I have just watched your videos Olga,They are wonderful.Thank you.
Could you do some more of other royal ladies?

Actually I have already made the same type of video for Princesses Letizia and Mette Marit. The links to the videos are in their gala dresses threads. And I´m planning to do more videos of this type for other Princess, I´m trying to do somenthing for Rania, but she has so many dresses that it is very difficult to actually work with them as with the other ones. It´s going to take me a bit longer for her, but I´m on it :flowers: :flowers:

Thanks Olga for your hard work and great choice of music. There were a couple of gowns that I hadn't seen before. I really loved watching your work.

She wore this black dress for the 90th birthday of Count Carl Johan Bernadotte.
(Polfoto)

Last edited:
Hmm, I loved that dress. It was wonderful!
It's a pity, we don't have more pics of them :rolleyes:

Could you post better photo of this dress, please?

Mary wore two new Galadresses for the New Year Celebrations 2007:

Deep Red Galadress with long Sleeves (01-01-2007)
Red Dress

A Purple Dress and Coat (03-01-2007)
Purple Dress

Her_Majesty said:
Mary wore two new Galadresses for the New Year Celebrations 2007:

A Purple Dress and Coat (03-01-2007)
Purple Dress

Is that new?? didn't she wore the same or a very similar, sometime before?

fandesacs2003 said:
I don't know... The Coat looks new to me...:rolleyes:

The purple dress looks really good. I love that deep tone of color on Mary.
But what about the coat? It's shiny, made from other material than dress was made and also I think colors weren't chose very good.
Sorry but I just dislike that coat. :ermm:

The dress seems to be made of dark purple chiffon, the coat of grape colored satin and the bottom of the coat an indigo colored satin...
It's not necesarily one of my favorite outfits, but I don't dis-like it either. She looks very pretty, though a little washed out.

O.k. I just looked at the dress picture again and it seemed that the coat is a periwinkle blue? Maybe that's why the bottom of the coat is dark blue...and perhaps her dress isn't dark purple but seems like it is because of the fabric it's made of and the lighting? Anyone have a better picture?

2 more pictures of the upper part of the purple coat:

Coat 1
Coat 2

I didn't find a better picture of the lower part of this coat yet... but I think it is really dark blue..:ermm:
The dress would have looked perfect without this blue part...

The deep purple gown topped off with a deep lavender coat is not my favorite ensemble worn by the Crown Princess.

The material of the gown as well as the military inspired cuffed coat seems to be made from stretch satin. Not my favorite material.

fandesacs2003 said:

I'm pretty sure it's new- I feel pretty certain that she didn't wear it when she was expecting Christian, and since she is now quite pregnant, she wouldn't fit into her regular clothes, so it must be new. I have the same critique of it as I did of Princess Sybilla of Luxembourg's wedding dress: it's beautiful, but they need to leave off the last ten inches.

Picture from Biledbladet

WOW! A very beautiful photo of Crown Princess Mary. She looks perfect!
thumbsup.gif

Link : http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=4728
progress.gif

Last edited:
fandesacs2003 said:

Well coat is new, but I think dress is recycled.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=11538&zoektype=2&search=03-01-2007 Copenhagen

she wore it on gala dinner in Canberra I think :rolleyes: it's really similar. Here it looks like blue dress but it depends on lightening. Material looks similar too.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/192111-post40.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/183463-post24.html

I'm pretty sure the dress is new. Mary is showing a lot more now than she was in Canberra (when she was 1 or 2 months pregnant) and probably wouldn't be able to fit into the dress. Also, the color is pretty different even if the lighting differs. The Canberra dress is a very solid blue while this New Year's dress seems to have more of a purple tint to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom