Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot Her Majesty, the problem is fixed :lol:

Indeed the dress is a piece of art.

She wore this dress very well.
Ruffles are very tricky to wear imo. You can't be too thin and you can't be too large to wear them. However, because Mary has little to no curves, the ruffles gives volume to her lower body; that paired with clinched in waist of dress makes her look a little shapely.

I especially like how silvery/powder blue color of the dress matches the diamonds in the tiara.:flowers:

Absolutely stunning gown with exquisite detailing. It also looked great in the wind - with every tier made of several layers in very light fabric, it had a beautiful movement to it. My winner of the wedding in the fashion stakes.

Gorgeous gown!!! I love that there is a few different things aboutit. The layers at the bottom, the cinched in wrap waist and the horizontal bustling at the top. Very interesting and different. The jewels are amazing too.

Looking at the close photos, I have to admit that Crown Princess Mary looked absolutely stunning. I was not sure about the pastel colour of the dress, but I have changed my opinion about it. She pulled the outfit off.

i love the dress, STUNNING! who made it? which kind of fabric? is just divine!

Great colour and the bodice is nicely done. Not too fond from the waist down though. Would be nice is she tilted the tiara forward a little from time to time. HRH wears it more like a Kokoshnik.

Last edited:
Great colour and the bodice is nicely done. Not too fond from the waist down though. Would be nice is she titlted the tiara forward a little from time to time. HRH wears it more like a Kokoshnik.

A Kokoshnik? What is that?

Kokoshnik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Below, a diamond and pearl tiara in the design of the Russian Kokoshnik worn by HIM Tsarina Maria Fyodorovna (nee Princess Dagmar of Denamrk).

Mary often wears the Desiree Diamond and Ruby Ivy Leaf Tiara in a similar fashion, in that it sits on a considerable angle making it appear somewhat similar to the provided 'comparison'.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/PPE08052423.jpg

MariaFyodorovna-1.jpg

Last edited:
the dress was beautiful, very valentino with all the ruffles. The dress was designed by a danish designer, very impressive. The ruffles were all place in the right place and moved with Mary, not stiff at all. The color was a great choice, suited the dress style as well. One of her nicest big dresses

I think this dress is going to be a favourite of mine. Mary looked absolutely beautiful and the way the dress moved as she walked gave her such an elegant look. A great choice!

those long dress are always the same and boring but Princess Mary achieve a very beautiful and esquisite dress, very different, tottaly aprropriate for her body, wonderful just has Princess Mary is.

i love the dress, STUNNING! who made it? which kind of fabric? is just divine!

Princess Mary's pale blue dress with tiered skirts was designed by Ole Yde.

YDE - by Ole Yde

This was mentioned during wedding broadcast at DR1.

-Ayvee

Princess Mary's pale blue dress with tiered skirts was designed by Ole Yde.

YDE - by Ole Yde

This was mentioned during wedding broadcast at DR1.

-Ayvee
Looking at this site you can definately see that ruffles are going to be the next big thing. CP Mary takes the initiative and dares to be different first. Bravo!

Yes, I like the ruffled dress...I thought wow, Mary has hit on a new trend and she'll only have to wear it (ruffles) once and the trickle down effect will occur...but no, on the balcony for Frederik's 40th birthday, she is again wearing ruffles...a dark grey, satin dress/skirt (with pink jacket) and I thought 2 times in 2 days...she has overdone the ruffles already ;) ...If only she waited a month or so before introducing the grey dress/skirt...but she is going for maximum impact I think...

Yes, I like the ruffled dress...I thought wow, Mary has hit on a new trend and she'll only have to wear it (ruffles) once and the trickle down effect will occur...but no, on the balcony for Frederik's 40th birthday, she is again wearing ruffles...a dark grey, satin dress/skirt (with pink jacket) and I thought 2 times in 2 days...she has overdone the ruffles already ;) ...If only she waited a month or so before introducing the grey dress/skirt...but she is going for maximum impact I think...

Both Maxima and Letizia have sported the tiered/ruffle gown or skirt from time to time for the last 4 years. Mary's gown flowed beautifully when she walked but I wished she had picked a color to flatter her skin tone...maybe purple?

Regardless of who wore what first, I think it was a good choice for her. She looks great in just about all she wears. I think the color was good for a spring wedding.

It was spring in Denmark, right?

Mary looked lovely on J and M's wedding. I think she went out of her way not to upstage the bride, maybe that's why she choose this rather bland colour. Otherwise all the attention might have been on her, instead of on Marie (who looked fantastic imo).

Denice where did you saw a full picture of that green dress? Yes she looks lovely has always!

What I can see of the dress looks very lovely. Problem with Rex Features is that you can't enlarge the pics. Has anyone located that other site with the full view?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom