Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the style and the color of the dress are amazing on her. I do hope more photos show up. That way we can confirm the color of the dress. She looks amazing.

I like the dress but I don't like the colour.

Very lovely. Would like to see a pic of her walking to see how it flows in motion.

I rank this gown up there with the beautiful red pre-wedding gown. Simply Stunning!

WOW, what the dress, I like this tone of brown color too.:flowers: Mary is a person that looks perfect in almost each color. I wish we had closer look at her hairdo, it looks kind of nice too.

01-01-2008

New Years reception at Amalienborg in Copenhagen

Mary recycled the beautiful purple gown she already wore during a State Visit in 2004.
This dress really blongs to my favourite dresses worn by a Royal lady and I'm glad to see Mary finally decided to recycle it.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
I think this gown is fabulous, but, somehow there seems to be a lot more volume in the skirt than the last time we saw it. The skirt is not as voluminous as Queen Margrethe's, but it's getting there!

This dress is so elegant and simple. I think that she looks fabulous in this picture.

March 25, 2008 - Mary in a black top & black skirt with a block of embroidery and a beige/taupe sweater jacket. Pretty pieces, put together does not look nice. Maybe the beige sweater jacket toned the look down abit too much.

Picture
Posted by paty

I liked the jacket. It was the shoes that ruined the outfit.

Pics from Royals:
http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/26/25march.jpg
http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/26/25_maart.jpg

I didn't like Mary's look. She looked really pale and the hair was rather messy.
Somehow she looked really tired.
And urgh: those shoes! :ermm:

I couldn't agree more! The hairstyle is very unflattering and those shoes ... I always thought that Mary's greatest asset was the ability to pull off a regal appearance but this is happening less and less.

Beautiful dress! Very simple, but stunning anyway.
I hope to see it again.
I am glad Mary didn't wear any heavy jewels (big necklace for example) with this dress. She looked really elegant!

Gorgeous! That's the kind of elegant and classic look that I associate with Mary.

do you think we will see new gala dresses when she travel to Australia?
Ww did see a few in their tour a few years back

April 27, 2008 attending the annual ‘ Reumert Awards’ night at the Royal Theatre.

Mary in a lovely dark blue/navy silk sleevless dress. The ruffles on the sleeves/shoulders look very pretty, like the waist detailing, makes her waist look tiny

Full view 1 -- Full view 2 -- Waist detail -- Ruffles
(pictures by Søren Steffen )

I am not too keen on the "Hollywood" super-plunge cleavage. A tad too trashy. OMG I just used the "T" word when discribing CP Mary and fashion! :ohmy:

Lovely and elegant dress. I like it alot. This shade of blue looks great on her! :flowers:

I am not too keen on the "Hollywood" super-plunge cleavage. A tad too trashy. OMG I just used the "T" word when discribing CP Mary and fashion! :ohmy:

I looked at the neckline too, but decided that it was so narrow that its ok. And the dress would look very different if it was higher - very dark and I think you'd loose some curves.

She looks wonderful. I love the dress and shoes. When Mary gets it right it is perfect!

There was nothing showing so I do not know how it could be trashy.:bang:

Elegant couple.
She wore only earrings...good but not enough for me.:D

I think that this was an evening engagement so discussion should be here.

Mary

The top is from Bush's visit, and I believe the pants are part of a suit, maybe one she wore in Germany???
I love this new combination!

I'll try to post the recycling links very soon!

EDIT: The suit I was talking about & the top

Last edited:
Didn't she first wear this top when she was expecting Christian? Not trying to fuel any pregnancy rumors here, but was just wondering... if she did wear it on that occasion then she must have had it taken in for this occasion...?? Regardless, she looks lovely! Love the top!

Yes, I thought she did too, but then I looked at this picture and wasn't sure if they were identical - espescially round the neckline.

Amelia, I agree about the pants, but I also still have another picture of her wearing them in mind, the link I posted above. I know its not a great picture but I'm pretty sure they're the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom