Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like her sens of fashion, it's voguish, yet it is very simple and classy.

I love that grey dress. It looks very regal-exactly what one would expect a crown princess to wear. The gloves are a nice addition to the look.

If Mary is a decade older, it would be a perfect gown for a mature woman. I can't put my finger on either the color or the cut....think it's more of the jacket.

In this post by T4phage (Current events thread), you can see Mary recycling her black velvet gown (Also shown in post #9 of this thread; she also wore it in Germany. I think that the "cape" is new though.

Last edited:
In this post by T4phage (Current events thread), you can see Mary recycling her black velvet gown (Also shown in posts #9 #46of this thread; and she wore it (for the first time - I think) in Germany). I think that the jacket is new though.

Mary wore this dark blue dress the first time to Prince Henriks 70 birthday celebration. And I think she wore the necklace from today also the first time to Prince Henriks birthday.

Pic 9 is from Prince Henriks birthday a few weeks after the wedding, Mary wore this dress early 2005 in Germany again. Pic 46 shows a different dress.

Last edited:
Mary wore this dark blue dress the first time to Prince Henriks 70 birthday celebration. And I think she wore the necklace from today also the first time to Prince Henriks birthday.

Pic 9 is from Prince Henriks birthday a few weeks after the wedding, Mary wore this dress early 2005 in Germany again. Pic 46 shows a different dress.

You're completely right Binz, I just realised myself and came back to edit my post!! I'll still do it, sorry for the mistake - completely my fault!

Is this the dress she wore withthe grape necklace and matching earring?

Thanks Binz.:flowers:

I really like that dress on her. It's so incredibly chic and the fabric looks divine.

Here's a link to the top of the dress from a previous wearing.
And here's one from Germany.

Last edited:
The dress was nice, very elegent so was the fur jacket but together didnt look too good. I thought the bottom part of the dress was already alot & the fur jacket was also alot.

The black (velvet?) dress was just perfect. Mary at her best again.:flowers: All accessories, including beautiful fur were matching perfectly.
BTW, someone here was thinking what her real height was. I am also curious about that, is any data about this. Also, she seems thesame/almost the same height with Frederick, what his height is?

Last edited:
Lakshmi,

The height of Fred and mary is discussed just a few posts back. Look at the previous page.

The dress is dark navy blue.

^ Huh, to me it looks black velvet in both pictures.

^^Lakshmi, Mary is said to be around 170cm or 5'7, and Frederik 5'9 (178cm).

The height of Fred and mary is discussed just a few posts back. Look at the previous page.

Mary's height is also discussed in the thread "the heights of Royals" in Royal Chit chat.

fur jacket was too mucht, to me it was a lot of ostentation, she can be elegant and dress in a fashionable was and not be so show off!To me she was too mucht over dressed, but lovely has always of course.

I thought she looked stunning! The dress apprears to be dark blue velvet and I personally liked it with the lighter fur jacket.

I loved the whole look, her hair looks gorgeous. The gown is one of my favorites.

The gown is very pretty. I love the color (to me, it looks dark blue) and the style. Mary always looks so nice when she is dressed for formal events.

Mary looks brilliant in that gown. Purple really suits her, and I love her hair when it is pulled back in a formal style such as the one in this picture.

the dress is beautiful, looks great on her, the hundbag is amazing, i like her hair style, i would like to see a close up from theback of her hair doo andsee what she has on her hair, pairls?

March 12, 2008 Mary in a new strapless aubergine/chocolate color dress.

I thought it was a beautiful dress but thought the color was abit dusty and old for Mary. The cut of the dress is very flattering.

Picture
(originally posted by ayvee)

I love that chocolate colored gown on her, so beautiful. And it seems her hair is getting a tad longer again.

Thanks to Ayvee and Dazzling for posting the latest image of Mary at the Australian dinner event in Denmark.:flowers:

Wow thats truely stunning!!!!

Thats what I call a perfect appearance. Her looks are flawless!

I would have liked a richer color but otherwise the dress is gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom