Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 16: October 2015 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 16 of the thread for Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 15: January 2015 - October 2015 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I think if the top was more tailored it would look better on her. The skirt is amazing as are her shoes.

Maxima could do this but not Mary. I usually like her choices but not this one. Too much black. Having said that Maxima doesn't wear a lot of black.

Mmmm not her best gown ......

I liked the dress. :flowers: In addition, the feathers hit of the season they are in the collection of all designers.:lol:

Here a full view: https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e6f29d6a32d596d6f34c5de7e363ef87&oe=56B87CC1

They are.. funny.. those feathers shoulders (; She isn't afraid to try something different once in a while and Mary can pulls them off. I'm not sure I like them, though.. :D Especially because without them the white stunning gown would be an A +++ and Mary herself looks gorgeous.

The gown fits Mary's figure like a glove. I love the cut in the waist and the way the gown folds. I hope the feathers shoulders are removable and we one day we will see this stunning white gown without them.

Last edited:
:previous:Agree, the feathers dont convince me but kinda seem appropriate for this event.
Its for new designers, she usually experiments a little at events like this

I'm not sure about this gown - I like the Grecian style of it and the jewelled neckline. The feathers are nice, but maybe better going all the way across the collar (like Mathilde/Maxima's black feathered dresses) instead of just the shoulders. If the feathers can be removed and a matching cape added, I think it would look great.

Agree that it is horrible...it needs a few darts rather the ballooning it's doing in the bust. Her waist it's non existent and those feathers?? Did she owe someone a favor?

No. Just no.

:eek:

That feather-hell is killing an otherwise very beautiful and well-worn dress.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about this gown - I like the Grecian style of it and the jewelled neckline. The feathers are nice, but maybe better going all the way across the collar (like Mathilde/Maxima's black feathered dresses) instead of just the shoulders. If the feathers can be removed and a matching cape added, I think it would look great.

I agree about the neckline. it is lovely.
And hopefully they can remove the feathers completely

I like it, except the neckline. Love the creamy color and the big pleats. Like the way there is no waistband. It is different and not too many could wear those pleats. The neck makes it too busy with the feathers. Love the feathers

I like it, except the neckline. Love the creamy color and the big pleats. Like the way there is no waistband. It is different and not too many could wear those pleats. The neck makes it too busy with the feathers. Love the feathers

I love the fact that Mary is not afraid to try something new. I give her credit even though I might not put this look number one on my favorites list. Yes, feathers are all over the place in upscale stores and on expensive runways. Even shoes and handbags. Not for me but will smile as won't last forever. I give tons of appreciation for the woman that can wear beautifully. The overall dress is a lovely style and not many could pull it off as one must be on slender side. Mary can and does.

I love this dress and without the feathers would more perfect for the event.

Love love love it. She looks amazing great to see her not afraid to try something different

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The dress is lovely but the feathers are hideous and they dont suit her style IMO. Without the feathers, the dress wouldve worked perfectly as it has a nice style to it and a nice embellished collar. Her hair was nice and so was her make up. Nevertheless her overall was really nice. This is also a great shade of white/cream on her.

What an ugly dress. The only redeeming quality is the color.

:previous: You said it! There are absolutely no redeeming features to this monstrosity. How uncomfortable to have furry underarms . . . the mind boggles. The neckline looks like it's trying for a nun's evening dress and the big ugly box pleats evoke distressing reminders of school uniform gym slips which at least had a yoke to ensure the pleats fell straight and didn't separate over the breast line.

Love love love it. She looks amazing great to see her not afraid to try something different

I love the fact that Mary is not afraid to try something new. I give her credit even though I might not put this look number one on my favorites list. Yes, feathers are all over the place in upscale stores and on expensive runways. Even shoes and handbags. Not for me but will smile as won't last forever. I give tons of appreciation for the woman that can wear beautifully. The overall dress is a lovely style and not many could pull it off as one must be on slender side. Mary can and does.

Exactly, and the price was to upcoming design talents which means new things and she sure pull it off.

Gown is from Danish Ole Yde (one of Mary's favourites)

YDE Official @ydecopenhagen Crown Princess Ma...Instagram photo | Websta (Webstagram)

Here a full view: https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e6f29d6a32d596d6f34c5de7e363ef87&oe=56B87CC1

They are.. funny.. those feathers shoulders (; She isn't afraid to try something different once in a while and Mary can pulls them off. I'm not sure I like them, though.. :D Especially because without them the white stunning gown would be an A +++ and Mary herself looks gorgeous.

The gown fits Mary's figure like a glove. I love the cut in the waist and the way the gown folds. I hope the feathers shoulders are removable and we one day we will see this stunning white gown without them.
There's a lot going on there...
The silhouette is gorgeous, and I don't mind any of the elements (pleats, feathers, sparkling collar). But all together, it made me channel an old episode of Dyanasty just a bit. Joan Collins flashbacks

It is certainly a different look for her I like the colour on her hard to wear IMO but I am not certain about the feathers

W/0 the feathers- I would like it.

This is one of the rare times when CP Mary earns the dreaded Fashion Victim Booby Prize from me....SILLY is the first thing that comes to mind looking at that feathered evening gown and the second thing is UNFLATTERING.:sad:

There is something to be said for being daring enough to try something new, but this one is a flop from a woman who usually brings it big tine for evening wear.

Last edited:
You have to put it in the time and place then it makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

You have to put it in the time and place then it makes sense

Of course one should. I think that Mary's choice was for the Danish Talent Award participants. If criticism is to be handed out, the designer's name and work should be emphasized and critiqued more than Mary who is trying to help the cause on award night. That is the point of the entire night and awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom