The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the jacket and the dress, but not the belt nor the tights.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 11-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I actually like the tights here - without the red jacket, they'd be impossible, but they are a good alternative to black or nude. Mary having quite perfect legs helps the matter.
Smart of her to brighten up the all-grey with this nice shade of red, as grey is absolutely not her color. The only thing which annoys me is the very unnecessary belt.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Call me crazy but I just don't like this shade of red on Mary. Love the dress and tights and especially the shoes, but I think the red washes her out. Maybe because she has gone back to a darker hair color. Great to see her back working! Looking forward to some great holiday looks from classy Mary!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Nov 18, 2009
The Crown Princess takes part in the Mary Foundation's conference about violence in relationships in The Black Diamond in Copenhagen

Full view http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/16611796.jpg
Close up http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/16611800.jpg

Love the grey and wine red combo (clothes and shoes ) but why the brown belt - it makes the jacket look ill-fitted. The skirt is too short, hair is very blah.
I like each seperate part of the outfit, but not together.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The jacket is a recycle, worn in 2004 or 2006 & 2007.
The overall look is very nice and very well put together, the red jacket was a smart match. I really like the tights here, they work well and since they are the same shade of the shoes, they make her took quite taller.
The belt ruined the look for me.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't help agreeing with Dazzling!
Although, the whole of Princess Mary is great!
Red colour fits her perfectly!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I liked her look except for the belt, it looks as if it cuts her in half, and it wasn't flattering. Mette-Marit has worn her belts this way and it didn't work for her either. Mary, lose the belt.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that the belt was not required and looks out of place. The dress and jacket were nice and love the shoes, but she should have done something about her hair, they look flat. Also, her purse doesn't really match anything. She should have gone with either a grey or a red purse (red IMO, otherwise it would be too much grey). I forgive the tights, she has to be comfortable as well. I am sure it must be very cold in Denmark, considering how cold it is here in the south of the US, which doesn't usually experience heavy cold.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Commoner

I like the look. Her make up is very flattering and the belt gives the outfit a modern edge. It looks comfortable but still functional and elegant. Is there a close up shot of her brooch. Looks like it has an oriental motif. Wonder if it is a new purchase from Vietnam?
Old 11-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I like each seperate part of the outfit, but not together.
I have to agree with you here, the separates are nice, but together it just doesn't work for me. Definately would have been better without the belt. And her hair is a little on the flat side, not typical Mary. I adore those shoes though! Great versatile color!
Old 11-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love how her shoes match her dress perfectly
Old 11-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mary in a rather drab outfit on Day 2 of the Stockholm program celebrating the 20th anniversary of the UN Rights of the Child.
I don't care for it, but looking at this pic I would not be surprised if a pregnancy is announced rather soon...:

Picture details
Old 11-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Mary in a rather drab outfit on Day 2 of the Stockholm program celebrating the 20th anniversary of the UN Rights of the Child.
I don't care for it, but looking at this pic I would not be surprised if a pregnancy is announced rather soon...:

Picture details
This is an average working suit, nothing special and nothing too formal.
The detailing on the blouses collar is abit too much for the jacket which already has details on the sides.
I think this is a miss outfit.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Picture details
I like the jacket and blouse; the pants are quite unflattering, though.
But maybe you´re right about her belly...

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 11-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
This is an average working suit, nothing special and nothing too formal.
The detailing on the blouses collar is abit too much for the jacket which already has details on the sides.
I think this is a miss outfit.
I agree. And the colors don't look so good together.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Picture details
I love the outfit, casual but formal at the same time.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Picture details
I overlooked her outfit and honed in on the bag: black crocodile-skin Hermes Birkin bag

http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/galle...en/sitter2.jpg
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/galle...leine-mary.jpg
Old 11-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

I really like this outfit, the jacket is fab! Pants, blouse and bag are well matched, all in all a good business chic combination.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Courtier

Love it! Totally professional, business like and elegant Crown Princess!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Nobility

Perfect look for the occasion I think. Elegant and a little business like combined.