The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Mary recycled a grey dress for the New Year's Cours on January 5th.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2010/1/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kongelige/2010/Farverig%20Nytaarskur/kur4.ashx
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2010/1/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kongelige/2010/Farverig%20Nytaarskur/kur3.ashx
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...skur/kur6.ashx

She wore the same outfit for the same event in 2008.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2008/08010303.jpg

I like the dress. I think she looks better in it then the last time she wore it.
Maybe it is because I like her hair much better now.
The dress is fine and the gloves make her look quite elegant.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

New gown for Mary at today's court:
Royalportraits (courtesy giov, posted in the court thread)

It's pale pink, it's pouffy, and it's paired with a dark (velvet ) waist jacket...

Old 01-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

You beat me to it.
I love it, very princess' and I love the velvet jacket.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Amalienborg
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Amalienborg
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I adore the dress but I wish she wore something new.
I love the dress,elegant and classic and I adore the white long gloves
She would look better with less dark hair,imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

It's pale pink, it's pouffy, and it's paired with a dark (velvet ) waist jacket...
Beautiful pink dress,so sweeping as I love sweeping dresses.She looks romantic and classy.I think she would look better with a bun
Old 01-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

So far I really cannot decide what to think about this look.
My first impression when I saw the pictures was: "What is that?"
Then I thought that this outfit could easily be taken out of the "Sissi" movies with Romy Schneider...
and then I thought that the contrast between the dark jacket and the light pink dress is just too harsh. The fabric of the jacket doesn't seem to go well with the soft fabric of the skirt/dress underneath it.
Maybe this whole look would have been nicer with a lighter jacket in a different fabric. The skirt looks very Cinderella-like...
I don't care about the gloves.
Somehow the whole outfit looks missmatched to me.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:55 AM

I might be wrong but do you think that this is the same pale pink dress she wore with a long peppermint green coloured coat? I can't remember the exact occasion but I think she was getting onto a boat for a birthday party, I think it was part of Frederick's 40th birthday celebrations. We've never seen the top half of the dress though.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Serene Highness

Not it's not the same dress. This dress was for the 40th birthday of Frederik during a dinner on the Dannebrog yatch

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
So far I really cannot decide what to think about this look.
My first impression when I saw the pictures was: "What is that?"
Then I thought that this outfit could easily be taken out of the "Sissi" movies with Romy Schneider...
and then I thought that the contrast between the dark jacket and the light pink dress is just too harsh. The fabric of the jacket doesn't seem to go well with the soft fabric of the skirt/dress underneath it.
Maybe this whole look would have been nicer with a lighter jacket in a different fabric. The skirt looks very Cinderella-like...
I don't care about the gloves.
Somehow the whole outfit looks missmatched to me.
I have to agree. The outfit does look a bit missmatched. I would have loved to have seen the jacket in a darker shade of the same pink as the dress.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
I might be wrong but do you think that this is the same pale pink dress she wore with a long peppermint green coloured coat? I can't remember the exact occasion but I think she was getting onto a boat for a birthday party, I think it was part of Frederick's 40th birthday celebrations. We've never seen the top half of the dress though.
No not the same dress. I guess this it the dress you were referring to:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sitecore/...erik/mary.ashx

I have to say I love this new outfit, the pink gala skirt and the purple jacket. Absolutely beautiful, perfect for the occasion.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the black velvet Chanel-styled jacket made the dress appear Formal as opposed to Gala style. I would love to see what is under that jacket and with any luck it is a fabulously romantic Gala gown but, for the moment, I think she, like her MIL, tries to dress to suit the elegant formality of the occassion.

But oh how the "movement" of the skirt draws the eye . . . . . so romantic!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I have to say I love this new outfit, the pink gala skirt and the purple jacket. Absolutely beautiful, perfect for the occasion.
To me the jacket is dark brown or black not purple but I may be wrong. Hope we'll have better pics to see better!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Courtier

I think she looked amazing on the New Year's Kur[the first one], but I find it interesting that on these Kur's the Queen always wears the same gown or jacket and Mary, in 5 years, have worn only 2 different outfits (and one maternity outfit) - Maybe the tradition here is to keep it simple, but having a small variety of "Kur" outfits.

I just saw the pink/brown outfit from today and I'm not the biggest fan
Old 01-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Hmm... I don't know what exactly irritates me on this look, but something does! I love the pale pink skirt. But either the gloves or the jacket is out of place here. I can't decide it. I just think the jacket's shape and fabric doesn't suit very much to the rest of the outfit. Separate parts of the outfit are lovely, but together it doesn't really work for me.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:

The look is too much of a fairytale look to me. The skirt/dress is to puffy/full for a morning event. The jacket looks a bit casual for the skirt.
I dont mind all the colors going on, I actually think its interesting but I would rather have the skirt part cut into an A cut.

I like the hair.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Royal Highness

Hope we get a better look at the dress. Would be nice to see without the jacket. She looks lovely!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really love the grey suit and adore the gown of the 6th and hope to heaven that we never see the apricot again ... thanks for the prompt posts.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Mary recycled a grey dress for the New Year's Cours on January 5th.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2010/1/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kongelige/2010/Farverig%20Nytaarskur/kur4.ashx
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2010/1/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kongelige/2010/Farverig%20Nytaarskur/kur3.ashx
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2010/1/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kongelige/2010/Farverig%20Nytaarskur/kur6.ashx

She wore the same outfit for the same event in 2008.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2008/08010303.jpg

I like the dress. I think she looks better in it then the last time she wore it.
Maybe it is because I like her hair much better now.
The dress is fine and the gloves make her look quite elegant.
I love it, the grey dress and jacket are lovely and look great with the white gloves. She looks beautiful and elegant, love her hairdo.

Quote:

The pink dress and the velvet jacket are both very beautiful, I think that separately they would look better. Together I don´t like them at all, I think she should have wear a different jacket.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
No not the same dress. I guess this it the dress you were referring to:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sitecore/...erik/mary.ashx

I also love this look, so princessy. The skirt just seems to flow. The off white gloves give this a very retro feel which I also love. The only thing missing IMO.... a deco bracelet over the gloves!! Great job Mary!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

The grey outfit was really nice and love the white gloves which made it even more elegant.
As for the recent one, I like the poufy pink skirt but I think the dark jacket doesn't go well with the light skirt.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

the pale pink gown is a princessy fairytale type gown - reminds me abit of the blue gown Princess Mette-Marit wore to Matha Louisa's wedding in 2002 - botyh have similiar effect skirts

Closed Thread