The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that the dress is quite nice, although I´m not very fond of the ruffles. The shoes don´t match the dress, IMO. The hat is wonderful, love it

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 09-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

I do really like the dress - but it itself is very attractive there is no need in attractive belt, shoes and most of all hat. It well matched in color but unnecessary

The shoes are not best
And too high for her I suppose.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

The outfit in its whole is just overdone – too many layers of ruffles on top, a decorated hat with a dress that IMO won’t look good with any hat, a slight balloon cut to the skirt… too much going on.
The dusty rosé color is lovely though.
The worst thing here are the shoes – hateful. Wedges are almost as ugly as exaggerated platforms, and I’m surprised to see Mary in a pair at all, let alone such a horrid one. They ruin every chance for any outfit to look elegant. A no-go.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to agree with you about the fussiness of the ensemble. Each piece by itself is perfect, but the look is overdone. The dusty colour, which can be difficult to pull off, became Crown Princess Mary perfectly.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

I love Marys fashion, because its not just the same old fashion style, its a changeling style. And that is just so amasing. Thank you Mary fore that !!!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Serene Highness

I don't like the top part of the dress,but I like its color.The hat is beautiful,the shoes are ugly.Conclusion:not her best overall look.JMHO
Old 09-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Goodness. I don't care for anything about what Mary is wearing. Way too much going on and the dress with all the ruffles is just not flattering, other than the color.
I do like her hat but certainly Not with this dress.
As for the shoes(?), there are no words to describe them, IMO. A total miss where Mary usually always shines!
Old 09-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the color of the dress, but I think that the combination of the hat and ruffles is just too much. The dress didn't need the hat, and the hat would have looked great with a simple sheath-style dress. Also, the hat would be fantastic in the spring, but not in September.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

In some ways I feel that this is quite a departure from Mary's norm, and in other ways it isn't - how odd is that?!
I like the ruffles, although in some ways I wish they continued around the rest of the neckline.
The hat is a nice match and I'm glad she went for simple jewellery.
I'm reserving judgement on the shoes until I see a full-length shot
Old 09-19-2009, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Close-ups of the shoes:
http://i33.tinypic.com/9ztxjm.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/307m7ax.jpg
bew

Old 09-19-2009, 04:38 AM
Courtier

They have red soles, do you think they are Louboutin?
Old 09-19-2009, 05:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, they are by Louboutin. Unfortunately, because I guess they might be worn again.
Must be the one of the ugliest designs in the collection.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
18/09/09
Mary attended opening-ceremony at the renovated Royal horse stable in Christiansborg castle in Copenhagen city.

Salmon / light pink dress with ruffles with a nice hat. A good luck but I don't like the shoes. One of Louboutin's ugliest model.

close up hat
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/15440941.jpg
close up shoes
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/15440668.jpg
I am loving this outfit. The shoes match perfectly with the hat and the hat with the dress. Another outfit well done
Old 09-19-2009, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
One of my favourite evening dresses.

Mine too, this is such a flattering colour and cut. I am envious of Mary's voluptuous figure
Old 09-19-2009, 05:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Yes, they are by Louboutin. Unfortunately, because I guess they might be worn again.
Must be the one of the ugliest designs in the collection.
I disagree! I think it's a very modern and nice design. And it seems and is very comfortable, too!
I have the exact same pair and also another one in black. I think Mary has them in black too.
However, the truth is that they match better with trousers! At least, I like them better this way.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
They have red soles, do you think they are Louboutin?
Which red soles are you talking about with the shoes? I don't see any red soles.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelica View Post
I disagree! I think it's a very modern and nice design. And it seems and is very comfortable, too!
I have the exact same pair and also another one in black. I think Mary has them in black too.
However, the truth is that they match better with trousers! At least, I like them better this way.
Yes she has the same pair in black! I agree with you, this kind of shoes match better with trousers! Each time the princess wore them in the past, it was with trousers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1 View Post
Which red soles are you talking about with the shoes? I don't see any red soles.
The red colour is almost gone on the sole because she wore those shoes a couple of times before but you can see it on several pics

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-19-2009, 05:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelica View Post

Do the shoe's have a red heal, sole, wedge or are they the bamboo look that I imagine them to be? Thanks
Old 09-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1 View Post
Do the shoe's have a red heal, sole, wedge or are they the bamboo look that I imagine them to be? Thanks
They do have a red sole. They are by Christian Louboutin.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
18/09/09
Mary attended opening-ceremony at the renovated Royal horse stable in Christiansborg castle in Copenhagen city.

Salmon / light pink dress with ruffles with a nice hat. A good luck but I don't like the shoes. One of Louboutin's ugliest model.

close up hat
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/15440941.jpg
close up dress
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/15440814.jpg
close up shoes
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/15440668.jpg
I like this dress, especially the delicate rose color. I like the shoes too, but not with that dress. When I'm looking at that outfit, I think 'there is too much of everything': the ruffles, flower on hat, 'heavy look' shoes.

Tags
daytime fashion, mary