The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent

I like everything in Mary's outfit, she is very and very elegant and unforgettable in it!

Old 10-10-2009, 05:08 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The top part (jacket/blouse) looks really nice but for me another pair of ugly and ill-fitted pants ruins the whole look. A skirt would have been so much better.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

The suit is coal color.
I do not like it - the pants are ill fitted and th bow i unnecessary.

daylife:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ypkkli.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/2naiosk.jpg
Old 10-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's very rare to see CP Mary in badly made clothes, but here you go...
The pant suit is definitely a mistake, nothing fits right and the fabric looks inferior.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr View Post
That's one weird suit Mary is wearing. I don't like the fabric.
The pants look weird... I cannot say what it is, but they don't seem to fit especially well.
The jacket itself is okay (still not one of her best)... but it doesn't look well with the blouse.
imo this was not a good outfit choice at all.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I often find I do not like Mary's pants, at least 50% of the time, I just think that either she sees something different or it comes down to personal taste.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:20 AM
Serene Highness

I love the suit she wore last friday! It looks beautiful but the fabric seems to have a low quality: I guess is just the effect of the pic!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 10-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Courtier

My opinion: go back to wearing skirts. The pant suit is horrible on Mary. Skirts and dresses are her style but pant suits? A mistake. I have a feeling the ruffled-top might have looked better should she removed the blazer. The fact is, if you're wearing a ruffled top don't mix it up with blazers especially if you're wearing pants. The style got mixed up. I have seen working ladies do this style but they look ok but on Mary, I think not. The outfit is too stiff. Maybe if the pants is wider it might have looked better.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:30 AM
Royal Highness

I thought she looked great! It's a nice alternative look for an event where she'd most likely wear a cocktail dress. The pants didn't look ill-fitted to me, and I like the ruffled-blouse peaking out of the blazer. I especially liked the color!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Royal Highness

I completely agree rubyprincess I love the suit and I the charcoal colour is so pretty.
I am in the minority I know, because I generally really really like Mary's loosely fitted trousers. She has a great figure for wearing them.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't like the suit. The pants are awful & I don't like its fabric.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Courtier

The suit seem better in this pic
Frederik et Mary de Danemark Ă* la clĂ´ture du congrès olympique | Noblesse & RoyautĂ©s.
It's not the best look on Mary who is usually perfect.
I think its the combination of stiff and thick material ,the short jacket with pleats on the front that makes the suit odd.The blouse is beautiful but adds nothing to the suit.
The pant isn't well made.

I disagree with who says that pants don't suit Mary.She has already worn pants that looked great on her.
But it's true that this pant and the shining one (i think grey one)she has worn recently with a black lace top are not well made.
This is very strange since Mary cloths are always so well tailored.
Personnally,I prefer Mary in skirt and dresses,she has amazing legs with so elegant shoes
Old 10-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Serene Highness

I agree with you,Soraya.Mary looks gorgeous in everything,it's just that the last couple pants she wore were not well tailored and too wide.I also agree that she should wear dresses/skirts,that highlight her beautiful legs,more often.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Courtier

She does look very good in pants. She wears different styles. Some look better, some worse. The thing I noticed about this suit is the darts seem to be in odd places or odd shapes.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Royal Highness

This latest pants suit of Mary's is not her best. I agree it's ill fitted and the blouse doesn't match the suit. It looks like it was thrown together at the last minute. It's rare for Mary to have a bad look, but it happens now and then to every Princess.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Gentry

I kind of like the suit, but the sleeves are far too long, that's the biggest problem IMO. Makes the jacket look too big and ill-fitted.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know when this photo was taken, but I really like this look:
Mary de Danemark et son sac Bottega Veneta | Noblesse & Royautés

The white jacket looks great with these trousers.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree, very nice colours. From what I can see of the top underneath the jacket it looks lovely as well. And her pearl necklace is gorgeous.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

AS far as I remember it was a trip to Iceland last year.
The jacket is great indeed.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I don't know when this photo was taken, but I really like this look:
Mary de Danemark et son sac Bottega Veneta | Noblesse & Royautés

The white jacket looks great with these trousers.
Thanks for sharing.
The overall combination really works well here. The stripped pants with the dusty top and creamy jacket all look nice. I like the jacket fit and length, quite fun and elegent.

Closed Thread

Tags
daytime fashion, mary