The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love how Mary dress, all her choices are great, just wondering if she really choos them or her stylist lady, becasue before Fred, she didn't dress like this, or maybe her taste change when she found not limit with money so she can really buy what she likes????

Old 10-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness

I can't really answer your question,Ashelen.But I want to say that these royal ladies often borrow expensive pieces from top designers.So,I guess it doesn't have to do with money,but with the fact that CP Mary obviously has hired one of the best stylists out there.That's just the way I see it,of course.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Here's a picture of the dress without the shawl:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...3e432/610x.jpg
Incredibly elegant. Wonderful dress, I love her shoes and the jewels as well.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

The black classic dress is always in fashion, always elegant and on time.
Well done, Princess Mary!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelinaB. View Post
I can't really answer your question,Ashelen.But I want to say that these royal ladies often borrow expensive pieces from top designers.So,I guess it doesn't have to do with money,but with the fact that CP Mary obviously has hired one of the best stylists out there.That's just the way I see it,of course.
yes, it is all a mystery for us, she probably didn;t hire herself, i think may be she was told at the bigining when they transform her in a princess before her marriagge. I think Mary it is the most beautiful and elegant and with the best body from all the CPs of today comming from commoners, but i am in shock to see her transforamtion before and after, she didn't use to dress like that so I wonder if she always like t this style but she could not affor it before, if she change her taste when she became a princes or it is all her stylkish lady. sometimes I see the royals like a performance, you know the actor perform a part but it is production who dress her to go with the performance. she might think: " it is show time, what it is for me today, what goes with this play today?" sorry I carry on, it is just what i imagine she might do???who knows, we will never know!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Here's a picture of the dress without the shawl:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...3e432/610x.jpg
Joining the above opinions, I would like to say that Crown Princess Mary looked wonderful. The whole ensemble was well thought-out. It had a main element I like in any ensemble: refined simplicity. Additionally Crown Princess Mary does a good job wearing the black colour. I also like Crown Princess Frederic's outfit:chic modern and somewhat edgy.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think Mary has worn one thing during this whole IOC event that I have not loved ..... it was great to see the circle dress again.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree bertie5252003. Her clothing has been really elegant, and I love the way that she has styled her hair during these days. The height at the back of the head looks great on her. I also like the grape jewelry. I am glad to see it again.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Gentry

I must admit to not really knowing who she was until recently. But she looked such an elegant and stylish women over the last few days. I really liked the opera outfit and covet every single item she wore. I think it was Duke Of Marmalade who said it was "understated elegance". This summed it up well for me. That's the sort of style I love. Looking forward to seeing her next outfit.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

sgl I didn't like the grape necklace the first she wore it but I really loved it here. It seemed more appropiate for a less formal occasion and really worked. Her hair is nicer lighter.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Nobility

Mary has chosen some wonderful outfits over the past few days. She has looked extremely elegant at each event. I like the jewellery especially the brooch.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that Mary has looked very good over the last few days. I wish she would find a different brooch to wear with the grey dress - yes, the christening one is nice, but she's done that already, and not overly long ago IMO.
I was really pleased to see that she delved back into her clothes from 2004/5, I hope that she will keep doing so and also mixing them with her 2008/9 pieces.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

an article on how Mary likes her Straw hats with a picture gallery
found here
Old 10-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary looked like Royalty- plain and simple. (in a good, elegant, regal way). I too loved the brooch!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary looks like royalty just about every time she is photographed. She wears hats like no other royal, Imo. She so rarely gets it wrong....
Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Princess Mary attending the opening of the parliament:
Full Length
Hat

The coat with the huge flower is lovely. I don't really like that hat and the hairdo. The hat looks too huge in some pictures.

Edit:
Pictures from BilledBladet:
http://i34.tinypic.com/30js9z8.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/14o6k5u.jpg
Hat
http://i36.tinypic.com/20pbjpw.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/2ise8h1.jpg

Old 10-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree, the hat seems a little large for Mary.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Mary is dressed to dark IMO, the coat is lovely but boring.
The hat looks quite large for her and the hair do doesnt look nice with that hat. The hair do reminds me of the style she had last year but with curls.
Love the shoes and the clutch but dont think it matched the outfit.
Overall, is not bad but not liking it. I think Mary can do much better then this for this event.
For all the times she has been to this event, this is the least effort she has put into her look IMO.

Thanks Her_Majesty for the pictures
Old 10-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I like the fact that Mary played it safe, according to the occasion. She looks very polished and elegant, like a royal should look. I agree that the hat is a bit big and the one-side hairstyle is not to my taste either.

Mary is a great hat-person and kudos to her that she goes for this style on various occasions - a style that not many can pull off and not only suits her well but makes her look very "royal".
Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Royal Highness

I quite like Mary's hat - I find the black/grey ensemble very elegant.
She is using the colours most of us tend to use when we get around to October.
Love both ladies' hair-dos. Mary looks smashing from the side and Marie likewise from behind, a very pretty do for her.

Tags
daytime fashion, mary