Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 7: June - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that Britt was wearing the same dress as Mary in yellow,by Malene Birger.You know,the one Mary wore in white a few days ago.Small world,small market!

Marie or Mary? :whistling:

Mary wore it during the fashion week.

Mary wore it during the fashion week.

Designer by Malene Birger is selling her stuff almost everywhere around the world and online as well. I dont know how well known she is abroad but in Denmark she is one of the known designers.

That casual look is ok, but I perefer when Mary wears pumps.
I am happy that she's one fashion royal who didn't fall yet on that tendency of ugly platforms. She picks her clothes very well, about the long skirt, to me it's beautiful and she looks stunning wearing it with cardigan and belt, but imo, not for that event, it mostely looking as a casual outfit.

August 16, 2009 - Mary at an official event in white pants and a white top with a belted brown sweater, also matched the outfit with white trainers.

Picture

IMO, this is a very casuall look which cant go wrong. I like the cardigan and the pants are flattering. Hair looks all nice and neat, ponytails look good on Mary, nice for a change.
I dislike the shoes:nonono:

I dislike the bag and jewels:nonono:
Could you perhaps point out why?
Including the soft white shoes, it's an outfit entirely appropriate to attend a charity sailing event which included going aboard. Not too sporty, not too elegant.

I think Mary looked perfect for this event. In one pic it does look like she arrived in heels and then changed. Flawless for a princess going sailing.

I think if you look at Pic 1 in the thread below (Post #54)Princess Mary looks like she arrived in heels, with her hair down and other jewellery on and then must have put the more practical flat shoes on and tied her hair back for going on the boat.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-danish-brain-injury-association-14401-3.html

Here are some more nice pics from yesterday:

CP Mary attends, in her capacity as patron of The Brain Injury
Association, the opening of the yearly Brainstorm Sailing at
Marselisborg Port in Aarhus. She sailed out with one of the
boats and was sailed back later in a motorboat.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

I think u are right. I perefer her look with pumps, but it's ok that she wore flats for boat.

what I dislike and critise is that Mary is wearing almoust the same clothes for different events.

what I dislike and critise is that Mary is wearing almoust the same clothes for different events.
And you imply that she should buy new clothes for every little event? Or new accessories?

I believe that she does a good job combining her outfits! And there are some clothes that do not match with different accessories than those she has worn the first time! It's impossible to buy many different ''stuff'' for the same outfit, just because you don't want people to think what you wear is boring! That's nonsense!!

And even if she did try to do that, imagine what would happen with their budget! Designer clothes and accessories cost a lot! Really a lot!

Do you have examples you would like to share? I dont quite get what you mean since Mary wears tons of outfits and recycles them with different parts therefore they arent the same. I also dont remember Mary wearing an all white outfit with a cardigan or jacket in a different color except for 2004/2005 event. Personally I think Mary does a greta job mixing different outfits from dresses to pants to skirts for different event.

Mary's shoes to the last event were by Hogan

Last edited:
I think this is a nice casual outfit. I especially like the white pants and the long necklace. I don´t like the flats, though.

hmmmm isn't mary the one who's usually slammed as "fashion princess" who always comes up with the latest creations at her events. at least i don't think of Mary when reading "wearing almoust the same clothes for different events", that's somebody else ;)

i loved Mary's outfit on the occasion and the fact that it could be made more comfortable for the boat part. the cardi looked nice with the high heels & necklace, very stylish.

BT.dk has an article that talks about Mary's style during the Copenhagen Fashion Week events and Designers Nest event earlier this month. It talks about how one day she is toned down and subdued, and the next day she is a glamourous goddess. The article says that she wouldn't be able to pull this together without the help of her stylist, Anja Alajdi.
kvinder.bt.dk: Modebossen: Mageløse Mary
You can see Anja in the last photo in the series.

Anja is one Wonderful stylist!! She does wonders for Mary. However, Mary is also a Wonderful model to help style! She looks fabulous in just about everything she puts on. It would be interesting to see what Anja could do for say... Letizia. Hmmm. (Guess this is an o/t comment, sorry!)

take her off the vanity fair's best dressed list perhaps? :p

BT.dk has an article that talks about Mary's style during the Copenhagen Fashion Week events and Designers Nest event earlier this month. It talks about how one day she is toned down and subdued, and the next day she is a glamourous goddess. The article says that she wouldn't be able to pull this together without the help of her stylist, Anja Alajdi.
kvinder.bt.dk: Modebossen: Mageløse Mary
You can see Anja in the last photo in the series.

Ineteresting they say that and I think I would agree with that. Mary is usually in wonderful put together outfits and from time to time I have to admitt I would be what is she thinking and I would assume those days are not helped by Anja.
Anja IMO is a wonderful stylist, she does know how to work and dress Mary's figures. Many people do have stylists but are still not dressed according to their body shape, height etc.

Ineteresting they say that and I think I would agree with that. Mary is usually in wonderful put together outfits and from time to time I have to admitt I would be what is she thinking and I would assume those days are not helped by Anja.
Anja IMO is a wonderful stylist, she does know how to work and dress Mary's figures. Many people do have stylists but are still not dressed according to their body shape, height etc.

On her holidays CP Mary looks really not great and I suppose it is the time when we can see her real fashion style :D

Anyway I thing Anja is a great stylist. She has a great passion to acsessories and shoes :whistling:

On her holidays CP Mary looks really not great and I suppose it is the time when we can see her real fashion style :D

Anyway I thing Anja is a great stylist. She has a great passion to acsessories and shoes :whistling:
you really think that Anja dress her everyday, i mean choose her outfits, accesories etc...for everyday? I am curious to know how really worksS?

you really think that Anja dress her everyday, i mean choose her outfits, accesories etc...for everyday? I am curious to know how really worksS?
Well I don't think that Anja is there everyday to help her with what-to-wear suggestions. I suppose they have already made some combinations together with Mary for every single occasion, for example a sailing event or a visit to one of Mary's patronages, and Mary just picks one of the combinations she wants to wear...and she does it!

And also it seems normal for me that Mary after, how many are they, 5 years has learned to dress herself alone! She has developed a fashion sense of her own, I believe! Of course I am not omnisient, but I believe this is how it works! ;)

A stylists comes when you
1. ask her to
2. need help for a certain event
3. during each season to update the closet

A stylist put outfits together, shows you how and will mix and match, what work and what doesnt. A stylist doesnt have to be at your place for every event. She can put looks togther, takes pictures and whenever you want a look you go back to the pictures.
She will put a complete outfit from A-Z also hair and make up telling the hair and make up person what to do.

:previous:
What I can see I love. It's beautiful. :flowers:

Althougt the pic is little I think the blouise is nice.

Crown Princess Mary attending an event for the Danish Heart Association on 22 August 2009:
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/sgl_blog/184718_480_500.jpg
(jv.dk)

Sorry the photo is so small! I'm trying to find a larger one. From what I can see, the blouse is very feminine-looking. I like the capped sleeves, and the crisp look of the outfit.

Here is a bigger picture, Mary's flats are by Chanel. I really like the white top also thinks it fits lovely and the detailing is pretty. I like the length of the pants but the overall with the sweater doesnt really look nice, besides the sweater, its a nice outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom